All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC going 3 for 3 sub 30% critic ratings on rt.

But seriously can we get one DC movie that doesn't cause controversy. The Wonder Woman rt thread gonna give me anxiety the day when reviews drop

I simply don't care. It's hard for me to take critics seriously when the reviews I listed below are actually fresh reviews.

"The third installment of 'Iron Man', while breezy and fun, doesn't really deliver on the fun of flying like the first one did, nor much of anything else, really. But so what?!"

"Don't worry about its grim title and galactic stakes. For all its self-seriousness, Thor: The Dark World is a very silly movie. And that's why it works."

A critic gave Iron Man 2 a C+ and a fresh rating.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman is rotten. :hehe:

I have mentioned this many times. They will all blame Gal Gadot and how she can't lead the film. Watch.

DC going 3 for 3 sub 30% critic ratings on rt.

But seriously can we get one DC movie that doesn't cause controversy. The Wonder Woman rt thread gonna give me anxiety the day when reviews drop

Just accept they will hate every movie with DCs name on it. Then go see it yourself and decide if you Like it or not. I know it's a struggle BT we all need to stop letting RT run our lives.

tumblr_oe6jzrceLk1qi1yb8o3_r2_540.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman is rotten. :hehe:

I have mentioned this many times. They will all blame Gal Gadot and how she can't lead the film. Watch.

Sadly, I see some of them bringing up names like Lynda Carter, Scarlett Johansson and even Brie Larson to bring Gal down in their reviews.

I'm really happy that Zack Snyder team is working on this movie after being disappointed with Suicide Squad lack of good.. not action.. but.. utilizing the characters. Deadshot, for example, was blah and it could have been amazing.
anyway, Damon Caro (Works with Zack since 2004 Dawn of the dead) must have been an asset for Patty and the guys who did the stunts for the Batman warehouse fight scene in BvS are getting their first shot as fight choreographers (They're the guys at the end. One is stabbed and one is thrown into the wall).

[YT]MyVPh3Usrho[/YT]

Last edited:
WW was into women.

Re-shoot!

tumblr_mjte26XEbQ1rv6gg3o2_500.gif

We always knew that though. She comes from Theymyscira, an island entirely populated by women. If she's several hundred years old, what did she do all that time?

And in the comics, she used to have that catchphrase "Suffering Sappho!"

I'm really happy that Zack Snyder team is working on this movie after being disappointed with Suicide Squad lack of good.. not action.. but.. utilizing the characters. Deadshot, for example, was blah and it could have been amazing.
anyway, Damon Caro (Works with Zack since 2004 Dawn of the dead) must have been an asset for Patty and the guys who did the stunts for the Batman warehouse fight scene in BvS are getting their first shot as fight choreographers (They're the guys at the end. One is stabbed and one is thrown into the wall).

[YT]MyVPh3Usrho[/YT]

That fight scene is the gold standard

Just accept they will hate every movie with DCs name on it. Then go see it yourself and decide if you Like it or not. I know it's a struggle BT we all need to stop letting RT run our lives.

You mean like they hated the Nolan Batman movies? :whatever:

Small Chris Pine/Steve Trevor tidbit from interview

What are you most excited to do with your character in “Wonder Woman”? What should fans expect?

It was fun to fall in love with Gal Gadot. It was fun to do some comedy. It was fun to do some action. The part kind of asked for a little bit of all of it, so it was a good time.

I think what’s really fun and exciting about it ... different about it, actually, is that there’s a nice love story at the center of an action film, and I don’t think you see that often in these kinds of films.

Chris Pine also says that as far as he knows he won't be playing Steve Trevor's descendant in future movies

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/chri...us_57eebeeee4b0c2407cdddb4c?ir=Entertainment&

Last edited:
There's always magic/science mumbo jumbo so that Steve could come back in the present day.

But there goes one way he could come back.

Is it me or does Duke of Deception sounds too much like "Kinda Loki but no"??

I don't know. One is a trickster god. The other simply has the power to create illusions. If the Duke of Deception IS the main villain, then I presume that they're tweaking his powers to instead influence the mood / emotions of people, that is, to make them more blood thirsty and angry to drive the world war.

So, it's probably a little closer to the villain's plan in Kingsman: The Secret Service, except that the Duke is causing the world war to feed the power of Ares: god of war.

And if the rumours are true, then we also have Dr Poison playing her evil part in the proceedings. I don't think Marvel have done a major female villain to date (although that will change in Ragnarok with Hela).

That WW and Steve Trevor and his grandson thing was dumb and gross anyway, so I'm glad it's not happening.

So, United Nations has declared Oct 21st as the Wonder Woman Day, it's amazing that a fictional character is getting that honor at UN.

Though it's fitting that it comes when the character is celebrating it's 75 th anniversary and getting a solo movie soon. Lynda Carter will be attending the event on the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"