All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Yes !

Thank you to the Critics for recognizing Wonder Woman as best action movie!! @CriticsChoice

https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/951648604405448709

DTTvXATV4AAmqvc.jpg

'Wonder Woman' Wins Stunt Ensemble SAG Award http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/22/wonder-woman-sag-award-stunt-ensemble/

The Screen Actors Guild Awards were presented tonight, and Wonder Woman nabbed the first trophy of the evening.

The blockbuster woman-led superhero film walked away with the SAG Award for Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture, beating out Baby Driver, Logan, Dunkirk, and War for the Planet of the Apes for the honor.

http://variety.com/2018/film/in-contention/usc-scripter-finalists-2018-wonder-woman-big-little-lies-1202665239/

Finalists have been unveiled for the 30th annual USC Scripter Awards, celebrating adaptations of the written word.

Due to a three-way tie, there were seven nominees on the film side this year.

Chaired by USC professor and past president of the Writers Guild of America, West, Howard Rodman, the 2018 Scripter selection committee* selected the finalists from a field of 91 film and 28 television adaptations.

Nominees for film are:

Author Andre? Aciman and screenwriter James Ivory for “Call Me by Your Name”

Screenwriters Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber for “The Disaster Artist,” and authors Greg Sestero and Tom Bissell for their nonfiction book “The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside ‘The Room,’ the Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made”

Screenwriters Scott Frank, Michael Green, and James Mangold, and authors Roy Thomas, Len Wein, and John Romita, Sr., for “Logan”

Screenwriter James Gray and author David Grann for “The Lost City of Z”

Screenwriter Aaron Sorkin and author Molly Bloom for “Molly’s Game”

Screenwriters Virgil Williams and Dee Rees, and author Hillary Jordan for “Mudbound”

Screenwriter Allan Heinberg and author William Moulton Marston for “Wonder Woman”

Not that anyone expected it, but as many probably know, Wonder Woman didn't get any Oscar nods.

Which I expected, really. Dunno why there are some saying the film got snubbed since hey, it's a solid film, but Oscar worthy? Wouldn't say that. Granted, that's one person's opinion to another and I'm sure many would say that the likes of, say, Guardians 2, Doctor Strange or Suicide Squad didn't deserve nods either. But as far as the Academy goes, I honestly don't see a category where Wonder Woman deserved to be.

I was certainly expecting a nomination in Costume Design category, really surprised that it didn't get one.

I was expecting a few categories like costume, maybe adapted screenplay, musical score and other technical nominations.

If the Academy Awards is somewhat political and they snubbed James Franco because of the accusations and because it doesn't go well with the current times and climate, shouldn't they, by that same reasoning, acknowledge more female directors and female-led movies too?

Sure, if the Academy found said movies to be Oscar-worthy in their eyes. Detroit came and went with little fanfare. There's Lady Bird, which got in. What does Wonder Woman bring to the table that makes it Oscar worthy outside of people merely wanting it to be nominated?

I'm very glad that Hemming's turrible work on the Amazons costumes was not rewarded. Maybe they'll get a better costumist next time.

Sure, if the Academy found said movies to be Oscar-worthy in their eyes. Detroit came and went with little fanfare. There's Lady Bird, which got in. What does Wonder Woman bring to the table that makes it Oscar worthy outside of people merely wanting it to be nominated?

Costuming is the only one that comes to mind, but I can understand there's been stiff competition this year.

People are going wild on Twitter. I never thought this movie would even sniff a nomination. Can't believe the disappointment?

I don't get what people were expecting. The Dark Knight got overlooked despite the fact it got major nominations throughout the awards season. Wonder Woman has been overlooked for almost the entire awards season. It's chances were always remote.

The Oscars has always been political more than anything else.... and in the current climate, a highly grossing movie starring a female and directed by a female... i could have seen WW get a nomination or two on that alone

They also don't like superhero movies. If they weren't going to pull the trigger for The Dark Knight, and surprisingly also Deadpool last year, they were never going to do it for this. It being a popular female action film that was wonderfully crafted isn't enough for the genre, and we should all just accept that.

Gal reacting to the absence of nominations for Wonder Woman

[YT]HqdIkwzD-EQ[/YT]

Classy, as always :yay:

Wonder Woman Home Market Performance

Est. Domestic DVD Sales: $16,282,961 (930,041 Units)
Est. Domestic Blu-ray Sales: $72,146,878 (2,535,143 Units)
Total Est. Domestic Video Sales: $88,429,839

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"