All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever happened to Tsujihara, his ass got canned or what?

Tsujihara is chill after a great 2016.

Bad start to 2017 though. Live By night and King Arthur flopped big time. Lego Batman and Kong did OK. All of New Lines movies underperformed and WB small budget movies flopped.

but I think second half of the year will be great.

I think Toby Emmerich is going to take his job when AT&T takes over at the end of the year and Sue Kroll is going to take Toby's old seat.

Yet another screening just ended:

Eric Goldman, IGN TV - "Just saw #WonderWoman and really dug it! Thank you, Diana, for being awesome!!"
https://twitter.com/TheEricGoldman/status/869771039416479744

Jeffrey Grubb, Gamesbeat - "I hate that Wonder Woman is good. It's so much easier to be snarky about DCEU than to have to figure out when I'm going to see this."
https://twitter.com/jeffcannata/status/869770712583520256

Cesaro, WWE star - "Got to see @WonderWomanFilm today and it was awesome! �� I'm also surprised how not out of place that tiara looks on me... �� #WonderWoman"
https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/869757670437384192

Matt Donnelly, The Wrap - "#WonderWoman as good as everyone says, so empowering and I love Gal Gadot forever"
https://twitter.com/MattDonnelly/status/869771954265436160

Rebecca Keegan‏, Vanity Fair - "Haven't enjoyed an actor in a superhero film this much since Christopher Reeve. ���� Gal Gadot. Men don't deserve you, but #WonderWoman does."
https://twitter.com/ThatRebecca/status/869771561380622336

Cameron Wolfe, Denver Post - "Wonder Woman was dope."
https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/869762213162225664

Jeff Cannata‏, host - "Wonder Woman! Wonder Woman!! Finally an inspiring, hopeful, joyous, DCU film!! Tears in my eyes. Everything Superman should’ve been. Leave it to a (Wonder) woman to do the job a man (of Steel) couldn’t. :)"
https://twitter.com/jeffcannata/status/869770367329603585

Justin Davis, writer - "Wow. #WonderWoman"
https://twitter.com/OGJOHNNY5/status/869770362820542464

Doug Boehner‏, writer - "I really (really) liked #WonderWoman. Got choked up a few times, too!" https://twitter.com/windog/status/869769328815595522

Gerald Robinson Jr, Ball player - "DC did good with this Wonder Woman movie...had zero knowledge on her background"
https://twitter.com/GRJR22/status/869759332606455809

Mark Reardon, KMOX - "Just saw @WonderWomanFilm and the real Wonder Woman here isn't @GalGadot---it's director @PattyJenks. Solid filmmaking. Very well executed."
https://twitter.com/MarkReardonKMOX/status/869759210959101953

Bryan Young, writer - "This is definitely the best movie of the new DCU. Meditate on this, I will. #wonderwoman"
https://twitter.com/swankmotron/status/869758445817282560

Carey O'Donnell‏, writer - "Wonder Woman is yessssssssssssss"
https://twitter.com/ecareyo/status/869772830346539009

Thanks @Achro on reddit.

:ilv: Thanks for posting man!

You're welcome ; )

Last edited:
The reviewer I follow, Kate Rodger, her review title was "WW is the first good film in DCEU"

She gave it 4/5

Then I checked her MOS review in 2013, she said she really enjoyed it, and gave it "an easy 4 stars"

Oops.

People's opinions on films DO tend to change over time.

More like she doesn't care and follows the bandwagons.

I have noticed her reviews are very vanilla/on the majority every time, you could say she is the mainstream opinion-meter

I think she probably thought DCEU includes BvS, SS and WW. MOS was a Nolan film, it's been 4 yerss

The reviewer I follow, Kate Rodger, her review title was "WW is the first good film in DCEU"

She gave it 4/5

Then I checked her MOS review in 2013, she said she really enjoyed it, and gave it "an easy 4 stars"

Oops.

Lol how bout that.

Opinions can change.

I've soured on films before after the initial hype.

If A sequel is announced in the upcoming week or so, would A 2019 release date be good or would 2020 be better?

It can take time to digest a film, and opinions do tend to clump together over time.

You see it even here on forums like these.

Some of that is consensus, and some of it is group-think.

But others are right in pointing out that MoS might have initially been associated with Nolan's movies in reviewers' minds, but now it's tied more to BvS and SS.

More reactions from today screening. Enjoy

I'm so Happy ton of my East Coast Critics are Loving this Film especially my Home of Boston Critic TY from Boston Globe who I was looking forward to hear! He seemed to love it!! I'm so happy

Eh, foreign actresses tend to always get some kind of hate in their own countries. Cotillard herself is hated on all the time in france.

If A sequel is announced in the upcoming week or so, would A 2019 release date be good or would 2020 be better?

I prefer 2020, Patty get to do something else, while other characters get a go, e.g Batgirl.

Thought I just heard Cap Marvel comes out March 2019, so I don't know if WB wants to do 3 films in that year (Batman and Batgirl are likely locked)

Any Marvel or SW films in May? Infinity war?

It can take time to digest a film, and opinions do tend to clump together over time.

You see it even here on forums like these.

Some of that is consensus, and some of it is group-think.

But others are right in pointing out that MoS might have initially been associated with Nolan's movies in reviewers' minds, but now it's tied more to BvS and SS.

I saw a report years ago saying they did a survey and most audiences thought MOs was directed by Nolan :oldrazz:

As a Superman Fanboy and DC Fanboy...I want to say Congratulations to WonderWoman and To her Biggest Fans (I'm a Fan), Patty Jenkins, and Gal! She got the movie she deserved and I'm so proud!! Now I'm bummed why can't my Hero get his Praise in this universe :( I LOVED MOS (was the Superman I waited my whole life for) and was angry at the reviews! Henry Cavill is forever my Superman and nothing will change that for me I love his portrayal of my Hero and he is the guy, even at my age of 26, that I Look up to when I see him don my favorite red and blue suit!! He looks like everything Superman meant to me my whole life! I really want my Hero and Henry to get his praise and success too cause he deserves it as well

Last edited:
As a Superman Fanboy and DC Fanboy...I want to say Congratulations to WonderWoman and To her Biggest Fans (I'm a Fan), Patty Jenkins, and Gal! She got the movie she deserved and I'm so proud!! Now I'm bummed why can't my Hero get his Praise in this universe :( I LOVED MOS (was the Superman I waited my whole life for) and was angry at the reviews! Henry Cavill is forever my Superman and nothing will change that for me I love his portrayal of my Hero and he is the guy, even at my age of 26, that I Look up to when I see him don my favorite red and blue suit!! He looks like everything Superman meant to me my whole life! I really want my Hero and Henry to get his praise and success too cause he deserves it as well

I love MOS and Cavill is my favourite Superman. From the praise WW has been getting, most (if not all) cite Gadot's performance as one of the reasons why the film succeeds. I think what Cavill needs is a director that can elicit such an embodiment/performance of the character, similar to what Patty appears to have achieved with Gadot.

Don't get me wrong, Zack's one of my favourite directors, but Patty has proven with WW and Monster that she's able to elicit really strong performances from her cast. We just need directors to do that with the DCEU films. I hope Zack can, especially with JL. For me, Batfleck is proof that Zack can guide the actors to really strong performances. He just needed to rein Eisenberg in a little at times, and give Cavill a little more dialogue.

I love MOS and Cavill is my favourite Superman. From the praise WW has been getting, most (if not all) cite Gadot's performance as one of the reasons why the film succeeds. I think what Cavill needs is a director that can elicit such an embodiment/performance of the character, similar to what Patty appears to have achieved with Gadot.

Don't get me wrong, Zack's one of my favourite directors, but Patty has proven with WW and Monster that she's able to elicit really strong performances from her cast. We just need directors to do that with the DCEU films. I hope Zack can, especially with JL. For me, Batfleck is proof that Zack can guide the actors to really strong performances. He just needed to rein Eisenberg in a little at times, and give Cavill a little more dialogue.

Yeah I love Cavill and he was the actor I have been waiting for in Superman! His physical dedication to the role speaks for itself!! I love Zack as well and he gave me 2 of my favorite Superman movies ever! But I agree and want Cavill to have a shot with another director who could bring even more out of him cause Cavill more than deserves the success and critical praise as well and it hurts to see he has yet to have that! I wish Cavill had a Chance with Nolan for one movie lol their director/actor chemistry would be fantastic and Nolan would bring out the best in Henry Cavill! One of my fantasy I'll never see of course! I'm hoping with the Success of Wonder Woman that it will finally get my long awaited Solo MOS sequel I have waited 4 years for! That I owe a big thanks to Patty and Gal for saving our current state in DC!!

@markjoedelonge you make some really great points. I'm also a supporter of Zack and I think he did well with directing Gal and Ben in BvS but maybe the character of Supes/Henry he needs someone different to bring out more of Superman's personality without making him Reeve.

@markjoedelonge you make some really great points. I'm also a supporter of Zack and I think he did well with directing Gal and Ben in BvS but maybe the character of Supes/Henry he needs someone different to bring out more of Superman's personality without making him Reeve.

I think he can direct Henry as a more confident Superman. Already did so in MOS. Its not about the directing or Henry's performance, its about the interpretation and characterization. I only see JL being an upswing for that matter.

Anyway back to Wonder Woman.

Eh, foreign actresses tend to always get some kind of hate in their own countries. Cotillard herself is hated on all the time in france.

Quite a lot of Aussies think Nicole Kidman is a tart and Cate Blanchett is pretentious and stuck up.

He has shown some great personality as Superman in my opinion! I do however agree with a more actor director he would literally Soar on personality and be Even more Charming!! I literally loved the performance he brought out at the end of BvS with the Sacrifice Scene and the fan in my teared up and said THAT IS Superman. He would do anything to protect us! And Henry just nailed it!! OMG I WANT HIM TO HAVE A CHANCE WITH A GREAT DIRECTOR WHO IS LIKE A NOLAN OR JENKINS

Quite a lot of Aussies think Nicole Kidman is a tart and Cate Blanchett is pretentious and stuck up.

So much for them supporting their very own lol pretty sad but totally believable in the world that exists today

I agree. However, I do like Zack's approach to Superman. I could be wrong, but my interpretation of Cavill's Superman is that Zack's trying to show how Clark becomes the Superman that everybody loves. He appears to be more interested in the journey Clark takes to become Superman, rather than portraying Superman as he has always been straightaway. This might have rubbed people the wrong way, seeing it as Superman behaving out of character. I love and appreciate the route that Zack has taken, showing why Superman is the way he is, instead of fast-tracking the character to the Reeve-type Superman. For example, the killing of Zod that everyone was horrified at. Even Nolan said it was out of character for Superman. But when Zack explained that Superman needed a reason for his aversion to killing, Nolan agreed.

I hope Supes emerges as this loved Superman in JL and completes Clark's journey.

Last edited:
hawk_girl_and_wonder_woman_by_vshen-dakt1yh.jpg

A guy can dream right? Hopefully that becomes a reality in the future :) DC has some amazing female characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"