All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
For reference, Scott's tough on comic book films. Here's the last year's worth of comic book films he's reviewed: BvS 5/10, SS 3/10, GotG2 5.5/10, Logan 6/10, Civil War 6/10, Dr Strange 5.5/10, X-Men: Apocalypse 3/10. I can see it being on par with Civil War and Logan in his eyes just going off his reaction.

He gave Logan and Civil War 6/10??? Wow.

I think you and I have the exact same test in movie tones.

tumblr_odjrb7gJOC1sj5h4oo5_1280.gif

So....gathering from all these critics reactions, I'm thinking.........27% on RT? ;)

Oops. I meant "taste" haha. :highfive:

I love MOS and BvS and hearing that WW follows a similar tone to them while bringing it's own mythological spin to it is great.

Also WW is a war movie that should show the grim, unforgiving nature of the times. Hence, I like that the film possibly delved into that aspect as well.

I love MOS and BvS and hearing that WW follows a similar tone to them while bringing it's own mythological spin to it is great.

Also WW is a war movie that should show the grim, unforgiving nature of the times. Hence, I like that the film possibly delved into that aspect as well.

Not to burst your bubble but it really doesnt have the same tone I am not sure what he is talking about. I mean it fits in the universe but you can tell the differences between Snyder and Jenkins pretty easily.

Not to burst your bubble but it really doesnt have the same tone I am not sure what he is talking about. I mean it fits in the universe but you can tell the differences between Snyder and Jenkins pretty easily.

So this movie is in colour?

Yeah. I mean, there are moments here and there that fit more perfectly with Snyder's work but this thing is the lightest of the DC films so far. But, it does not skirt around the issues of war in the film at all. It's a pretty balanced film through and through.

But, I would also say that's it's not really any of the Marvel films except for THE FIRST AVENGER. And even this film is a touch darker than THE FIRST AVENGER.

Not to burst your bubble but it really doesnt have the same tone I am not sure what he is talking about.

I was a bit overenthusiastic there. He did say that WW felt at peace with tone of MOS and BvS (not very similar like I said).

I mean it fits in the universe but you can tell the differences between Snyder and Jenkins pretty easily.

:up: :up:

Cool. I always prefer it that way. A director should stamp his/her mark over these kind of films. Helps them to stand out in a crowd of similar movies. I'm glad Jenkins was able to do her own stuff.

Yeah. I mean, there are moments here and there that fit more perfectly with Snyder's work but this thing is the lightest of the DC films so far. But, it does not skirt around the issues of war in the film at all. It's a pretty balanced film through and through.

But, I would also say that's it's not really any of the Marvel films except for THE FIRST AVENGER. And even this film is a touch darker than THE FIRST AVENGER.

This is music to my ears. :D :D

So this movie is in colour?

Wow so original I laugh

And thats okay. The whole point of DCEU was for every filmmaker to have his own voice, and not have movies be studio mandated.

Wow so original I laugh

And thats okay. The whole point of DCEU was for every filmmaker to have his own voice, and not have movies be studio mandated.

Oh there's no mistaking which films are Snyder's, which one is Ayers and which one is Jenkins'. Four films in with four distinct voices.

Actually I believe Scott is one of the most sincere critics out there. The guy will speak his mind and wouldn't get lost in fanboy euphoria. Just take a look at his scores for CBMs last year. It is scary looking. He hates blockbusters these days because they are more of the same and he says he'll give WW a fresh rating so that's already a big win.

Same here. I dont always agree with Scott, but I respect his opinion.

Just saw this on Reddit - T-Mobile offering 4$ tickets for Wonder Woman OW via Atom Tickets on Tuesday

ZyptUM3.png

Same here. I dont always agree with Scott, but I respect his opinion.

I actually talked to Scott via DM on Twitter this morning about the film and he does like the film but he has problems with it that I wouldn't say he's completely incorrect about but he makes some solid points. But, as he said on Twitter, it's going to be a fresh review on RT.

Again, he did like the film for the majority of it and he told me that he's glad WB mostly nailed this very important movie.

I actually talked to Scott via DM on Twitter this morning about the film and he does like the film but he has problems with it that I wouldn't say he's completely incorrect about but he makes some solid points. But, as he said on Twitter, it's going to be a fresh review on RT.

Again, he did like the film for the majority of it and he told me that he's glad WB mostly nailed this very important movie.

Do you think that the film has "same problems " ?

Good to know. Him and Hughes from Forbes are two people who's reviews I actually like to read after watching a movie, they are actually informative rather than the usual "look at me I use snappy words" reviews from critics.

Cant wait to see this movie and discuss it with you guys. Oh god its still so far away for me :(

BTW I finally decided to watch the 2009 animated movie. Here we go.

Do you think that the film has "same problems " ?

The climax of the film is a bit clunky because Jenkins is trying to wrap up the emotional journey of Diana while also trying to bring the spectacle that a 3rd act requires for this type of film. On top of that, she's doing some thematic work in the climax as well and it's alot and it meanders a bit. On top of that, Ares is just okay. If someone said he was the weakest villain that a DC film has ever produced, other than Enchantress, I would maybe agree with that statement. He's an idea through out the film until he becomes literal and at times, he's effective. Others times, not so much.

BUT, there are powerful, charged emotional moments in this climax that DO work...at least it did for me. At one point, Patty Jenkins goes Emperor Palpatine seduction/Luke flirting with the dark side with Diana and Ares that even I was taken aback by.

I'm not saying that climax derails the film. It's just not remotely as good as the first two acts. It's standard comic book movie 3rd act weakness that is very emotionally charged, which makes it feel like it works more than it actually might.

Last edited:
I like what you are saying but I can see why some may have a problem with that. Is what you posted spoiler-ish ?

Then, please put it in spoiler tags.

Last edited:
There are a lot of ****ing spoilers in that post...

Like, massive ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back