Civil War Along Came a Spider - The Peter Parker / Spider-Man Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the Russo bros saying that we wouldn't be seeing Spidey until we see the movie, I loved that so i'm obviously kinda bummed they showed him. But I can accept that.

The suit, it's not what I wanted and thought we would get. At first I didn't like it but after seeing that Screen Rant ultra high quality shot it's grown on me. You can see the texture of the suit! I love the blue and the texture on them! The res it alright, not loving the webbing either but I can live with it.

I for one actually like the black throughout the suit, especially on the legs, I love the cartridges, the actual web shooters themselves look a little too big for my liking, but we'll probably see them more compact later on like TASM's. I still cannot stand that piss ass little spider on his chest and I've never been a big fan of the one on his back.

The eyes...I like the way they are showing how it works, with each piece kind of folding into one another, and if you look closely you can see that we have yet to see them fully open! You can see the outer layer and it's at a perfect thickness for me.

I remember the Russo bros saying that we wouldn't be seeing Spidey until we see the movie, I loved that so i'm obviously kinda bummed they showed him. But I can accept that.

They didn't say that. They said they couldn't show him yet because they were still in negotiations with Sony about how to use him in promotions. Obviously, they solved the issue (and, given how long it took for the full trailer to come out, it seems they held off on that trailer until they solved the Spider-Man issue).

I'll admit seeing the trailer at first and being a gigantic Spidey fan (yeah even the two TASM ones), I was really underwhelmed, in a "that's it?" way.

Seeing it more times and seeing that hi res still (and having a superior than QT quality trailer version), I love it now. It looks more like skin, I don't know why some think it's CG, why would the suit be CG in that shot? there's no reason for it, and the suit is going to be practical like it always has been.

It looks super clean, so I guess that's why, no raised webbing bothers me a little, but the eyes are fantastic (although disturbing at first). TASM2 costume though will always be perfection, but this will do just fine.

Whoever came up with the idea of having a mechanism on the eyes that make them close and widen in sync with Peters expressions is a bona fide genius. Not only does it give emotion to a pretty much emotionless mask, but its also a cool nod to how the eyes have been drawn at different sizes in the comics over the years.

Did you guys see the back Spider logo? Its weird but cool. theres a screengrab of it

pgFOXhi.png

Fat spider CONFIRMED! :D

Last edited:
Whoever came up with the idea of having a mechanism on the eyes that make them close and widen in sync with Peters expressions is a bona fide genius. Not only does it give emotion to a pretty much emotionless mask, but its also a cool nod to how the eyes have been drawn at different sizes in the comics over the years.

Great post. I agree with everything you just posted.

YES! THE TICK!
I used to not like the Ditko eyes, I thought they looked too weird with the eyelashes. (Or that's what I think they look like)
After actually reading some of the newer SM comics I have grown to like it better. Even to the extent that I like it more than the alternative(s). :)
The only 'problem' I have with him is the bright colors make him look very cartoony, therefore it looks more obvious that he is CGI. I personally would say that I prefer a dark blue and a dark or light faded red, but again... after reading the current comics I have gotten used to it more.

One question: What do ppl think about the CGI eyes? I know people were talking before about how it would be horrible if they did it, and others saying it would be great.

I'm assuming from even the sound that the eyes are mechanical like Starks armour? Is this a good compromise?
(I understand I'm like a day and 7 pages late to this discussion. I just saw the trailer this morning actually... :p )

Last edited:

I assume they're going to narrow really menacingly when Tony finally makes his move on Aunt May.

I really like the costume, particularly for the eyes. The arms and legs are cool and different enough from the other costumes. I think the spider symbol could be better. The costume doesn't look homemade though, and Tom seems to have the same build as the other Peters. I thought the point in casting him was to give us a younger Spidey. His arms look surprisingly jacked.

I don't know how the eyes work or why they would narrow.

I love it. Everything about it. The fact that he is in this movie still blows me away. I'm excited to be a Spider-Man fan again.

I'm excited to be a Spider-Man fan again.

That's exactly how I feel. I haven't cared for any Spider-man movie since 2004 (thanks Sony) so it's great to finally have something to look forward to.

...Tom seems to have the same build as the other Peters. I thought the point in casting him was to give us a younger Spidey. His arms look surprisingly jacked.

He does, I think in a cool way.
But things have changed. When I was 15 (a depressingly long time ago), we were all scrawny guys. Now I see some guys in my 15 year old daughter's school grade and most of them make my generation look even more like malnourished little pencilnecks.

I've made a terrible mistake... I said Rami instead of Ditko.

*facepalm*

I really like the costume, particularly for the eyes. The arms and legs are cool and different enough from the other costumes. I think the spider symbol could be better. The costume doesn't look homemade though, and Tom seems to have the same build as the other Peters. I thought the point in casting him was to give us a younger Spidey. His arms look surprisingly jacked.

I don't know how the eyes work or why they would narrow.

The first thing my girlfriend said when she watched the trailer was, "Aw, Spider-man's little now". He looks like a teenager to me. Note how big his head and the shield is compared to his body. We also haven't seen him next to anyone to get a sense of scale.

This Spider Man looks like hes right out of a comic book. The others were more like adaptations of his comic book look to me.

I love it. Everything about it. The fact that he is in this movie still blows me away. I'm excited to be a Spider-Man fan again.

Agreed. It almost feel like magic dream that Spider-Man is in Mcu and beside Iron Man and Captain America and the rest of brilliant Mcu heroes. Spider-Man is home where he belong.

Just looked at the high res pictures. (Instead of 480 pp yt on a mobile phone. :p)

The suit looks a lot more high tech and battle ready, and less cartoony than I thought it did. Those spider lenses... could he have a camera built in even? I mean... Peter could set up mirrors in fights instead of setting up expensive cameras, then he could get perfect photos of spider-man! XD

I almost feel like it is too soon to add that much tech... but it would make sense if they wanted to make him more high tech like the current SM in comics. This tech is probably almost nothing. I think it also makes a lot more sense for Stark to help him as opposed to Peter learning to sow and assemble a perfect costume like in the past films.

Last edited:
The eyes are best because it can satisfy both sides. Small eyes for those who want that, and big eyes for those who want that.

Tom seems to have the same build as the other Peters. I thought the point in casting him was to give us a younger Spidey. His arms look surprisingly jacked.

Tom, although not actually 15 (I believe he's 19 or 20 now), has a pretty muscular build because of his activeness in gymnastics and sports. His baby face, child-like voice and short stature can pass for a 15-16 year old. He can't be completely wirey and scrawny because remember, the spider bite did mutate/enhance his genes, so his body has to look stronger than a normal young teenager's.

tumblr_nxep6stIZK1rejh21o1_500.png

spider-man-star-tom-holland-reveals-his-muscular-physique-new-hairstyle.jpg

He's 19, but he'll have just turned 20 when they start filming the solo film.

Two things:

1. I love the webbing lines on the suit. If you look at the Hi-Res shot, you can see that the double "spokes" pattern actually is a recessed line in the mask and suit. This is the opposite of what has been previously done (raised webbing). It looks pretty cool, imo.

2. We are getting arm-pit webbing. My Spidey Sense is tingling... The chevron placement on his arms look like PERFECT anchor points for glide-webbing.

Overall, I have no complaints.

It is cool, but it also seems like a LOT of tech for, as far as we know, little purpose outside of "cool."

It seems like an ingenious idea, but that really depends on the context/execution.
They're going to need to justify why they were put in his mask beyond just mimicking artistic license from the books.

I imagine they do have a reason within the film, but without that context, it's hard to judge beyond 'cool.'

Hopefully they are something to with enhancing his vision, or what have you.
Otherwise, I would have much rather they went the Deadpool route, which would have had to have been much more subtle to work with Spidey's eyes.

It is cool, but it also seems like a LOT of tech for, as far as we know, little purpose outside of "cool."

It seems like an ingenious idea, but that really depends on the context/execution.
They're going to need to justify why they were put in his mask beyond just mimicking artistic license from the books.

I imagine they do have a reason within the film, but without that context, it's hard to judge beyond 'cool.'

Hopefully they are something to with enhancing his vision, or what have you.
Otherwise, I would have much rather they went the Deadpool route, which would have had to have been much more subtle to work with Spidey's eyes.

If Tony helped design the suit then it doesn't need any more justification than being "cool", because it's definitely in Tony's character to design something just because he thinks it's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"