Along with these changes will it include making Thing look right?

Malus said:
Have to agree. Movie Thing looks very little like the beloved comics icon.
He does somewhat resemble the Thing of approx. issues 4-15, but that's it. So while I've sort of made my peace with what we got in FF1, I won't be happy with FF2 if all we get is more of the same.
Ben should definitely evolve further towards the decidedly more unhuman proportions he took on in the FF's heyday. If for no other reason than he needs a fresh reason to hate being the Thing. This can only enhance Chiklis' performance as we experience his horror at mutating further, his humanity seemingly slipping away.
Anyone who has been paying attention to what Hollywood FX shops have been able to achieve in recent years know that this is possible.
I give a big :up: to Michael Chiklis' performance. Her's perfect.
But as a lifelong FF and Kirby fan, I can only give a firm :down to the half-assed Thing make-up of FF1.

Thing and Wilhelm, you guys need to reel in the attitudes. You're both gonna get put in time out if you keep it up. ;)
Thing, when you question a fan's devotion (and respect for KIRBY, for God's sake!) because they don't like the FF1 Thing, that's just obnoxious. You're not fighting any kind of good fight there.
And Wilhelm, I may agree with you, but resorting to name-calling over this just makes you look bad. The pics you chose and your rightful indignation more than made your point.

yeah the name-calling was uncalled for, but yes Thingy needs to not question someone's devotion to a comic...thats not for us to do...the proof is in the pics...nothing deniable there...is deniable a word????

JMAfan said:
yeah the name-calling was uncalled for, but yes Thingy needs to not question someone's devotion to a comic...thats not for us to do...the proof is in the pics...nothing deniable there...is deniable a word????

It's gotta be if "undeniable" is.
I think.
Sigh. I still have to look up "occasion."
Had to do it again just now.:(

Malus said:
It's gotta be if "undeniable" is.
I think.
Sigh. I still have to look up "occasion."
Had to do it again just now.:(

LOL....I do that all the time....its ashame some don't take the time...:(

Wilhelm-Scream said:
...UM,...Did you "say" something?

...you ignorant, disrespectful mule?

You don't know s*** about Kirby. You're not worthy to even type his name on message-boards.

My extreme, insane love for Jack is one of the biggest reasons that I hated the movie.
Try shutting up next time.

It doesn't matter what you say, none of those ^ look like:

Kindly get real, dunce. :o

Like I really give a darn what you or anyone else thinks ? I know more in my little pinky then you do in your whole body.Don't be a dork. But then again for you that's a stretch. You and Zero need to both go suck on a tailpipe with the engine running. You don't want to get into name calling with me. These are the idiots you have to deal with here. And I can deal. I gave my opinion, and you want to act like a dipwad.

Willie Lumpkin said:
:eek: Where did you see that? Any more info.?

No this was in an article a few months back, and information from a guy who's brother did the work I believe on the Invisible Woman...

Mr Sensitive said:
Oh, but Thingy will deny it.

Sit with yr coke'n'popcorn, relax and see.

diet coke please.........thank you........

The next person that hurls some insults on this thread will get banned for 2 weeks--no questions asked. Thing and Wilhelm: You want to beat on your chests as to who is the greater FF fan? Fine. Beat on them in PMs because none of us care.

This is my first and last warning to both of you. Now try me.

Lightning Strikez! said:
The next person that hurls some insults on this thread will get banned for 2 weeks--no questions asked. Thing and Wilhelm: You want to beat on your chests as to who is the greater FF fan? Fine. Beat on them in PMs because none of us care.

This is my first and last warning to both of you. Now try me.

I've said all I have to say for now. But if someone slaps me in the face, the'd better be ready to get slapped back. I don't turn the other cheek. I believe in an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth, and at 6'6", and 284 pounds, haven't had to use that philosipy in my life, because noone wants to tangle with me.

The Thing 2005 said:
I've said all I have to say for now. But if someone slaps me in the face, the'd better be ready to get slapped back. I don't turn the other cheek. I believe in an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth, and at 6'6", and 284 pounds, haven't had to use that philosipy in my life, because noone wants to tangle with me.

LMAO....oh my goodness....

If that wasn't such a long quote, it would be sig worthy!!!!!!

The Thing 2005 said:

Then I suggest you get an attitude adjustment.

There is an art to debate. Learn how to agree to disagree and then walk away. There is never an excuse for hurling insults at your peers--under any circumstances. Do I need to remind you that The Thing (and his brow) is a fictional character, and that he's not related to you in a literal sense?

Flame Wilhelm or anyone else again publicly and you will be banned. And your 6'6, 284 pounds will be unable to stop that--trust me.

Lightning Strikez! said:
Then I suggest you get an attitude adjustment.

There is an art to debate. Learn how to agree to disagree and then walk away. There is never an excuse for hurling insults at your peers--under any circumstances. Do I need to remind you that The Thing (and his brow) is a fictional character, and that he's not related to you in a literal sense?

Flame Wilhelm or anyone else again publicly and you will be banned. And your 6'6, 284 pounds will be unable to stop that--trust me.

Like I've always said. People here take thenselfes wayyyyyyyyyyy to seriously. And Lightning let me say something here. My boss at my job tells me to stop, I stop. You know why ? Because he could fire me, which means my way of life would be interupted for a time. But here ? On a public board ? My well being doesn't depend on me being here or not. My financial future is not tied here. I survied for 50 years before this board, or the internet was even here, and I'll survive for another 50 years ( hopefuly ), after It's gone. I am who I am, and for me to be any different would be denying myself. And also, as I've said before the FF is very personnel to me. And The Thing in particular. I don't let anyone, I don't care who it is, put down the FF, or The Thing. Also like I've said, I would have played The Thing for nothing. Would have been a childhood dream come true. So I shall continue to fight against those who want to tear down the FF. I shall always fight for truth, justice, and the FF forever. The greatest comic charctors ever created, in my own way.

The Thing 2005 said:
Like I've always said. People here take thenselfes wayyyyyyyyyyy to seriously. And Lightning let me say something here. My boss at my job tells me to stop, I stop. You know why ? Because he could fire me, which means my way of life would be interupted for a time. But here ? On a public board ? My well being doesn't depend on me being here or not. My financial future is not tied here. I survied for 50 years before this board, or the internet was even here, and I'll survive for another 50 years ( hopefuly ), after It's gone. I am who I am, and for me to be any different would be denying myself. And also, as I've said before the FF is very personnel to me. And The Thing in particular. I don't let anyone, I don't care who it is, put down the FF, or The Thing. Also like I've said, I would have played The Thing for nothing. Would have been a childhood dream come true. So I shall continue to fight against those who want to tear down the FF. In my own way.

Then with those thoughts Thingy....you more than anyone else should understand that WS's love for this character is just as great. You 2 simply see him differently....so instead of seeing WS's view as a slam, why not see it as simply another view of this character??? Ya'lls views are different, but when people have a different view from you...you start the whole "True F4 Fan" stuff and that immediately puts people on the defensive....just because they look at things differently from you doesn't mean they aren't fans. Being a fan doesn't mean taking everything in stride, thinking all is well, thinking its ok that they didn't do things like I thought they should its the F4. Some are simply upset with the movie...they put that view on this message board which is their right just as much as it is yours....but to judge someone's love or knowledge of this comic simply by whether or not they agree with the movie is in a word....WRONG.....no matter how you look at it....you can tell me all day long that you've been a fan for over 40 years, you have more knowledge in your little pinky, you will fight till the end......but honestly all I see in your posts is someone who doesn't respect other views, and you don't give a damn if we respect yours.......and unfortunately I'm afraid thats all I will ever see.....and thats sad....we need a positive voice around here, especially in later months....but we don't need a positive voice that doesn't respect other voices.....so honestly if this place isn't a major part of your life.......well.......then move on I guess.....

Back to the subject....I think all of the above changes can be made.....BUT must be made in moderation....I think character can be kept, and I think most can be made happy......BUT MAYBE NOT ALL.....and thats kind of the way of the world....

Well you know JM, my way of life says, there are 2 opinions in this world. Everyone elses, then the right opinion, mine.

JMAfan said:
Back to the subject....I think all of the above changes can be made.....BUT must be made in moderation....I think character can be kept, and I think most can be made happy......BUT MAYBE NOT ALL.....and thats kind of the way of the world....

Now getting back on subject. We can agree the hands need work. Smaller hands so MC can make a fist. But i will never back down from my opinion that they should leave the head alone. No big brow, no button nose. Unless you want a cg Thing, and that ain't happening. And by the by, I'm not going anywhere. Where else can I have such fun ?

The Thing 2005 said:
Now getting back on subject. We can agree the hands need work. Smaller hands so MC can make a fist. but i will never back down from my opinion that they should leave the head alone. No big brow, no button nose. Unless you want a cg Thing, and that ain't happening.

And you know what thingy.....thats perfectly fine.....but allow others to have their opinions as well......:up:

The Thing 2005 said:
Well you know JM, my way of life says, there are 2 opinions in this world. Everyone elses, then the right opinion, mine.

Thats sad...really sad.......it would have been nice to have had another positive voice to speak up.......but not yours.....

JMAfan said:
And you know what thingy.....thats perfectly fine.....but allow others to have their opinions as well......:up:

Everyones entitled to an opinion, but when I disagree, I'm going to say so. And if the response is negative, or they want to name call, then they make it personnel.

The Thing 2005 said:
Everyones entitled to an opinion, but when I disagree, I'm going to say so. And if the response is negative, or they want to name call, then it gets personnel.

When you say....."you're not a true fan, because...." or "speaking from a true fan's point of view...." the response will always be negative......that won't change, you don't give a damn.....so ..... ok..... you aren't here to share your love of the comics you are here to fight.....its very evident now... enjoy!

The Thing 2005 said:
Like I've always said. People here take thenselfes wayyyyyyyyyyy to seriously. And Lightning let me say something here. My boss at my job tells me to stop, I stop. You know why ? Because he could fire me, which means my way of life would be interupted for a time. But here ? On a public board ? My well being doesn't depend on me being here or not. My financial future is not tied here. I survied for 50 years before this board, or the internet was even here, and I'll survive for another 50 years ( hopefuly ), after It's gone. I am who I am, and for me to be any different would be denying myself. And also, as I've said before the FF is very personnel to me. And The Thing in particular. I don't let anyone, I don't care who it is, put down the FF, or The Thing. Also like I've said, I would have played The Thing for nothing. Would have been a childhood dream come true. So I shall continue to fight against those who want to tear down the FF. I shall always fight for truth, justice, and the FF forever. The greatest comic charctors ever created, in my own way.

So do you think everyone who thought the Corman FF movie sucked are "tearing the FF down"? Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Sounds like you're the one who's taking things too seriously.

The Thing 2005 said:
I shall always fight for truth, justice, and the FF forever.

:confused:Then you should be fighting against Avi Arad, Mark Frost, Michael France and Tim Story, not me.

i hope this sequel wont be for kiddies anymore. but the fact that tim story is behind the film makes me fear for the potential of ff2

antonydelfini said:
i hope this sequel wont be for kiddies anymore. but the fact that tim story is behind the film makes me fear for the potential of ff2

I think the fact that Tim is a lifelong FF fan and is involved in FF2 from the get-go this time is something to be optimistic about, in spite of the many failings of the first film. Story was brought in at the last minute with FF1, and had to fight the suits for a lot of what we did like about the first film. Thanks to Tim, at least the awful version of Doom we suffered through had an iron mask, a hood and cape.

And these films should be appropriate for kiddies.
Personally, I really wish they'd left out Ben's "Gimme that G.D. mirror!" line. My kid loves the movie and loves to repeat the lines sometimes. It took me several hours and a cattle prod to get him to say "Dadgum mirror" instead. ;)

My rule of thumb (for any genre film) is this: If you're gonna be using these characters to sell all manner of kids items (action figures, coloring books, easy reader books, paajamas, dress-up kits, etc.) then you'd better be marketing all that junk around a film that is appropriate for those ages.

And besides, Ben Grimm would never use such a severe expletive. It was out of character. A simple "damn" would have sufficed.
Yea, Hollywood. :rolleyes:

So does that apply to Star Wars ( charred corpses ), Empire Strikes Back ( dismemberment ), Phantom Menace ( bisection ), Attack of the Clones ( beheading ) and Revenge of the Sith ( explicit, gratuitous depiction of mutilated man on fire )?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
So does that apply to Star Wars ( charred corpses ), Empire Strikes Back ( dismemberment ), Phantom Menace ( bisection ), Attack of the Clones ( beheading ) and Revenge of the Sith ( explicit, gratuitous depiction of mutilated man on fire )?

Well, yes and no.
Luke's hand getting lopped off in Empire, for instance, was fairly shocking, but bloodless. Han slicing open the belly of the whatchamacallit and scooping out the entrails to help Luke survive the cold jarred my kids more than the hand severing.
I sat with my 7 year-old through her viewing of all the Star Wars films and allowed my 5 year-old son to view A New Hope through Return of the Jedi with us. But they both had to wait a while for Sith, particularly my 5-year old. Lucas himself realized he better issue a cautionary statement about this last one, not that many people seemed to listen; I saw plenty of 4 and 5 years olds in the theater on opening day. Personally, I find the severity of Sith's final scenes to be integral to completing Vader's tragedy, and I wouldn't change it...but I know plenty of other parents besides myself who decided their little ones could wait a few years before seeing it. Ultimately, I watched it (and Eps. I & II) with my kids on DVD, but I briefly scanned through the horrific moments as Annakin suffers the dismemberment and burns...I sort of narrated the freeze-framed images as they flashed by.

To me, superhero films are a slightly different animal.
Superman would never say "Give me that G.D. detonator, Luthor!"
And Peter Parker wouldn't say "Give me that G.D. cash advance, Betty!"

I really can't recall if Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne or any of the iconic characters have muttered a "damn" or "hell" on screen, but I'm pretty "dadgum" sure they haven't used anything stronger.

But that's all language; everything you brought up is violence. And violence is okay in America, as long as they don't show any boobies, right? :)

But seriously, the level of violence troubles me much more. I've found little to complain about in that area with most of the hero films, the most notable exceptions being the slightly-too-brutal final minutes of Spiderman 1, specifically the brutalizing of Peter/Spidey from the pumpkin bomb blast on...not so much a problem with how the Goblin buys it...and of course, the grim bastardization of Hulk, with all its daddy-killed-mommy/supressed memories B.S.
I get depressed just thinking about what they did to the Hulk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"