Am I the only person who saw this version?

The t-rex doesn't come "out of nowhere". There's an opening in the wall that hasn't been finished yet (remember, the park isn't open) and was covered in that semi-transluscent plastic.

The only deleted scene I can remember reading about (and seeing on the internet at some Jurassic Park site) was right before the jeeps drive into the field where they see the brachiosaurus, in the scene (which is only about 5 seconds) Ellie rips a leaf off a bush that they drive by (it's the leaf shes looking at later).

EDIT: This was also in the theatrical trailer.

Batattack said:
The only deleted scene I can remember reading about (and seeing on the internet at some Jurassic Park site) was right before the jeeps drive into the field where they see the brachiosaurus, in the scene (which is only about 5 seconds) Ellie rips a leaf off a bush that they drive by (it's the leaf shes looking at later).

EDIT: This was also in the theatrical trailer.

About that leaf, they're able to clone dinosaurs with "Dino-DNA", but how were they able to clone an extinct plant. Ellie did say that type of plant was extinct.

I always find it funny when the huge wall the explorer falls over appears out of nowhere right where the T-Rex was standing minutes before, lol.

I just remember the t-rex coming out of nowhere but on a side note in the movie the lost world towards the end when they were shipping the t-rex to San Diego, what the hell happen to the crew in the ship??? It looks like they were eaten but how the hell were they eaten when the only dino in the ship was the t-rex and he was on lockdown?

NOFX said:
I just remember the t-rex coming out of nowhere but on a side note in the movie the lost world towards the end when they were shipping the t-rex to San Diego, what the hell happen to the crew in the ship??? It looks like they were eaten but how the hell were they eaten when the only dino in the ship was the t-rex and he was on lockdown?

Dun remember... nice avatar though... I hope Miami Vice is good... loved Heat and Collateral so hoping its decent...

NOFX said:
I don't know, but there are lots of inconsistancies and plot holes in the Jurassic Park movies. Which is why I prefer the books, but still love the movies too.

Batattack said:
I don't know, but there are lots of inconsistancies and plot holes in the Jurassic Park movies. Which is why I prefer the books, but still love the movies too.

I think they said the Raptors got to them. But then again, WTF happened to the raptors.

I have the DVD and the T-Rex doesn't bust through a wall. It may come through an already busted wall, but it doesn't bust through one onscreen. It just shows up and snatches the raptor. It is funny how the raptors nor the 4 people noticed the huge T-Rex until its was literally on top of them lol.

SpeedballLives said:
Ok, I just watched Jurassic Park on AMC.
At the end, The T-rex just appears out of nowhere.
When I saw it, in 1993, I remember the t-rex busting through the wall, and thats what they reacted to, not the random appearance of a HUGE Dino in a room with doors meant for humans.
I remember getting the VHS, and being disappointed that it had been taken out.
Does anyone else remember this?

I HAVE SEEN THIS TOO!!

I thought I was the only one who ever remembered this!
I can clearly remember the T-Rex crashing through the wall, or ripping through the plastic sheets, or something, I just know in the original version I saw in the theatres, the T-Rex didn't just appear from nowhere.

I can remember when I first watched the movie on VHS some years later the first thing I said after seeing that scene was, and my brother (though you don't know him) can vouch for the fact that sat back with a crumpled look on my face and said "why didn't he come crashing in like in the cinema?", my brother and father (i just asked them to check i wasn't going crazy) also remember the T-Rex smashing through the wall instead of just appearing. And my dad has only ever seen the movie in the cinema and that's it. And to be fair, I simply asked him "Remember the climax of Jurrassic Park when the group of people are almost about to be eaten by raptors, what happens?" To which my father replied "The Tyranosaurus broke through the wall right? Then it saved the people? Unwitingly, of course, but still."

I'm really starting to doubt the sanity of myself and my family members now. I looked into it and found this screenshot, showing no signs of "broken wall"
800px-Jurassic_Park_screenshot_4.jpg

And this pretty much makes me definately think we're all too "imaginative".
Originally, the movie was to end with the T. rex skeleton (in the Visitor Center) falling, crushing a raptor in the fossil jaws before it could attack Alan Grant, Tim, Lex, and Ellie Sattler. Another raptor would then be crushed in the supports for the cherry picker that the group was standing on as it lowered. Hammond arrives and is then able to gun down the last raptor with a shotgun.

Later when the original ending was seen as too simplistic a resolution, the skeleton was replaced with a living T. rex that attacks the raptors, saving Grant and the others. However, no explanation is given as to how the T. rex enters the Visitor's Center, nor how it went unnoticed by the raptors or any of the characters (considering its sheer size and that its footsteps are powerful enough to shake the Earth). There are brief glimpses, however, of a large hole in the incomplete visitor center (covered in plastic), in which the Tyrannosaurus appears to have entered through. This ending also eliminates the shooting of the raptors. In both versions, the surviving humans quickly flee with Hammond in his jeep to the helicopter and escape the island.

From JPAftermath.com:

"* T-Rex Smashes Through Wall

The theatrical version of Jurassic Park included a scene where towards the end of the film where the Tyrannosaurus actually smashes through a plaster wall in the Visitor Center. This scene was not included in the DVD or VHS release of Jurassic Park, probably because it made the T-Rex rescue at the end of the movie a little less suprising."

Kevin Roegele said:
From JPAftermath.com:

"* T-Rex Smashes Through Wall

The theatrical version of Jurassic Park included a scene where towards the end of the film where the Tyrannosaurus actually smashes through a plaster wall in the Visitor Center. This scene was not included in the DVD or VHS release of Jurassic Park, probably because it made the T-Rex rescue at the end of the movie a little less suprising."
Thank you:)
Thank you :)
Thank you :)
My childhood was saved a little bit because of you.

SpeedballLives said:
Ok, I just watched Jurassic Park on AMC.
At the end, The T-rex just appears out of nowhere.
When I saw it, in 1993, I remember the t-rex busting through the wall, and thats what they reacted to, not the random appearance of a HUGE Dino in a room with doors meant for humans.
I remember getting the VHS, and being disappointed that it had been taken out.
Does anyone else remember this?

Hmm. I don't remember. You're probably right though, I don't recall that.

look above your post, the answer lies there.

NOFX said:
Bump!

Yeah, I'm undoubtably the biggest JP fan on this board, and it definately happened in theaters, but was removed from all other releases. The thing posted above from JPAftermath is common knowledge on all Jurassic Park sites. Sorry I couldn't be here sooner!

Rez said:
Yeah, I'm undoubtably the biggest JP fan on this board, and it definately happened in theaters, but was removed from all other releases. The thing posted above from JPAftermath is common knowledge on all Jurassic Park sites. Sorry I couldn't be here sooner!
Hey, thats cool.
I love that JP is on like everyday on AMC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"