William Hurt is General Ross!!!

I dont believe TIH will be so much acknowledging the Ang Lee's film, as it will attempt to not contradict what took place in the first film. Because they realize that the Ang Lee effort, as split down the middle as it is with the fans and general audiences, does have it's supporters. And instead of alienating those fans by rebooting the franchise completely, I believe this film seems to be going with the route of simply chooseing to not say this happened, or that didnt happen much like Singer's "Vague" sequel to Superman: The Movie, and just basically avoid contradicting events from the first film. Which is the better way to go overall I believe.

Well on a side note, Singers sequel completely ****ed up the Superman:The Movie continuity imo. Kent/Superman kisses Lois at the end of Superman 2 erasing her memory of their intimacy, yet in Superman Returns she knows that her son is Superman's...wtf? :confused:

But yeah i see what your saying otherwise. I'd just rather they completely ignore Ang's Hulk.

I agree wholeheartedly with the Superman Vague continuity part.
It was indeed a mess.

I was really hoping they brought back sam elliot but, william hurt is a great actor and I think he will do as good a job as elliot if not better.

I am looking forward to this movie the only thing that has me even slightly nervous at this point is zak penn, I just don't like his work thus far, and am worried what he will do with one of my favorite characters.

S_Hulk_f_4839

Well on a side note, Singers sequel completely ****ed up the Superman:The Movie continuity imo. Kent/Superman kisses Lois at the end of Superman 2 erasing her memory of their intimacy, yet in Superman Returns she knows that her son is Superman's...wtf? :confused:

But yeah i see what your saying otherwise. I'd just rather they completely ignore Ang's Hulk.
I think the idea was that she figured it out... she's still an award-winning journalist, so she's not completely ******ed. But it makes you wonder...

I've gotta say, confidence is high for this film. I'm a little worried about Liv Tyler, because she's never really blown me away with her acting ability, and I get scared thinking about how well she can play a geneticist.

That said, William Hurt?! If we weren't going to get Sam Elliot back, I can't think of anyone better!

I like William Hurt, but this is a total miscast. The one thing they got right in the last attempt, was Sam Elliot, who nailed Thunderbolt to a T, no pun intended.

I agree because Elliot looked more like Thunderbolt. Hurt seems like an odd replacement, even too young.

i think thats really cool we got another great actor, although im happy i still felt that Sam Elliot did a 100% spot on General Ross, i dont know how closer hurt can get than that.

Elliot was great, but he should have had an explosive temper. He played it too cool and collected, not very Ross-like to me.

wow this cast just keeps getting better

Didn't Hurt get an Oscar Nomination for his work on A History of Violence?

Elliot was great, but he should have had an explosive temper. He played it too cool and collected, not very Ross-like to me.

But you could tell by his performance that he did have one, and could have pulled off an explosive temper at any time he wanted. W.Hurt has never conveyed that to me in ANY of his past performances..even A History of Violence.

I like William Hurt, but this is a total miscast. The one thing they got right in the last attempt, was Sam Elliot, who nailed Thunderbolt to a T, no pun intended.
He's not miscast. If you really wanna get technical, Ross was a burly, grouchy cigar smoking older man sorta like in the lines the editor from spiderman minus the campy humor. If anything Eric Bana was miscast with his snorting sitting at a cpu getting mad at thoughts, lol. This is an oscar caliber cast sans Liv Tyler. The same couldnt be said for the last.

He's not miscast. If you really wanna get technical, Ross was a burly, grouchy cigar smoking older man sorta like in the lines the editor from spiderman minus the campy humor. If anything Eric Bana was miscast with his snorting sitting at a cpu getting mad at thoughts, lol. This is an oscar caliber cast sans Liv Tyler. The same couldnt be said for the last.

imagine this cast intermingled, and by that I only mean if they had cast liv in the first one and jennifer connelly in this one.

Is it just me, or is it always the woman?

I mean some consider the cast of Batman Begins to be Oscar-calibur...with the exception of Katie Holmes.

Same here only with Liv Tyler...

There's some truth in that. Because to a lesser extent, Superman Returns fits into this idea as well. Personally speaking, alot of actresses pale in comparison to Jennifer Connelly. And not only in the acting dept. With Liv Tyler, certainly being no exception.

Liv Tyler is really out of pocket for this role. Why they cast her is beyond me. She reminds of Selma Blair from Hellboy-really passive, and just a waste of film reel. Hopefully her role in the movie will be minimal and not become the whole focus of the film like MJ was in the Spiderman films. I mean really when you think about it, the name of the Spidey films should have been called "Mary Jane and the dumb men that will follow her to the ends of the earth" :whatever:

I think the idea was that she figured it out... she's still an award-winning journalist, so she's not completely ******ed. But it makes you wonder...
I've gotta say, confidence is high for this film. I'm a little worried about Liv Tyler, because she's never really blown me away with her acting ability, and I get scared thinking about how well she can play a geneticist.

That said, William Hurt?! If we weren't going to get Sam Elliot back, I can't think of anyone better!

Actually, you are both wrong, Singer has stated many times that the Memory erasing kiss is not in his continuity, he just had it that Superman and Lois had a relationship were she didnt know he was Clark yet and then he had to leave for Krypton.

I didn't think the cast would get any better but it did. Wow!:eek: :up:

As LostSon88 points out it's obviously a reboot.Despite sequel options it seems like the director and Marvel never tried to get the original cast back - Bana, Connelly, Nolte, Josh Lucas and sadly Sam Elliott. Lets hope Hurt can nail the role. He's a great actor so i'm confident he can.:hyper:

Nick Nolte and Josh Lucas died in Ang Lee's Hulk anyway.

But I'd rather see Sam Elliott back as Ross.

I do give Jennifer the nod over Liv, but Jen didn't wanna do a sequel. Wanna talk about miscast, Mary Jane watson was a fox in the comics and they bring in the non-sexy Kirsten Dunce. Yeah she is a dunce. She makes milk spoil.

I'll miss Sam. Hurt is a great actor, but I don't think he can pull off as tough a character as Sam Elliott.

I'll miss Sam. Hurt is a great actor, but I don't think he can pull off as tough a character as Sam Elliott.

I dont see him having trouble with the tough part, cause he played a bit of a tough mobster type in a history of violence, I haven't seen Mr. brooks yet.

heard somewhere he plays some kind of tough guy in that also.

Actually, you are both wrong, Singer has stated many times that the Memory erasing kiss is not in his continuity, he just had it that Superman and Lois had a relationship were she didnt know he was Clark yet and then he had to leave for Krypton.

WHAT???? You're saying that Singer stated that he was deliberately contradicting the continuity???? That SUCKS!!!! I thought it was just a ****up.

I felt that Thunderbolt was too sympathetic towards Bruce in the first one (or old one if this is gonna be a reboot rather than the second one).

heard somewhere he plays some kind of tough guy in that also.

In that movie he plays Kevin Costner's alternate personality, a sadistic serial killer.

WHAT???? You're saying that Singer stated that he was deliberately contradicting the continuity???? That SUCKS!!!! I thought it was just a ****up.

Singer used the "vague continuity" cop-out ie, some things that happened in past movies DID happen, and whatever contradicts Superman Returns DIDN'T happen.

Confusing, I know. :dry:

Singer used the "vague continuity" cop-out ie, some things that happened in past movies DID happen, and whatever contradicts Superman Returns DIDN'T happen.

Confusing, I know. :dry:

If anything calls for a Superman reboot, that does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"