William Hurt is General Ross!!!

I really like the casting of this film. I wonder if we'll hear another top name actor associated with this project in the not to distant future.

Before watching A History Of Violence, i always thought of Hurt as kind of a meek actor who could never play someone with T-Bolts intensity, but in HOV he was very intense, memorable and sadistic in his small role.

51117650_10.jpg

Good choice i would say, cause well, his name doesn't sounds like "I'm just here to get some cash", but more like "Let's get some fun in a movie that could actually be good"
Hurt+Roth+Norton+Tyler= yeah baby

finger crossed now

Hurt will be great. Marvels kind of doing a clean break with the cast ties of Ang Lee's Hulk. Now if they could only do the same for Daredevil.

William's a real calm guy in his roles, I hope he can pull off the angry strong guy persona!

I can't see William Hurt playing a hot headed T-bolt. Then again Sam Elliot never played him that way either.

I think William Hurt will play a cold and calculated T-bolt who is committed to stopping the Hulk by any means necessary.

He'll be a calm and collected version of T-bolt who prefers the "Shock and Awe" type of military campaign. Sam Elliot, a fan favorite, played General Ross the same way.

I can't see it. He's a great actor but pulling off Thunderbolt..? That is unless this version of Ross is gonna be more of a cool headed strategist rather than a hot-head....

^You guys need to watch A History Of Violence! He wasnt what you would call cool headed in that!

I like this choice. While Elliot was a better choice, Hurt is a great choice to replace him.

This is a fantastic cast! I have more confidence in this movie now.

As far as looks go, slap a thick 'stache on Hurt and he'll be VERY close to comic book Ross. I haven't seen AHOV but the one thing that concerned me was his ability to be the explosive, roaring Ross that we know from the comic.

I've liked all of the casting so far. This is no exception. If I could only say the same about other aspects of the film (not saying it won't be good, I just have my doubts is all).

As much respect as I have for Hurt as an actor, in my mind only Sam Elliot can play Ross.

Crapo, I liked Sam Elliott's take on the character. :( Hurt is still an exceptional actor, so that's good.

He is a great actor... I agree that we'll probably not recognize him as the mild, glass-wearing actor he usually is. This will ultimately be more of an intelligent, heady General Ross. It will be good!

William Hurtn is a great actor and really that is all anyone can ask. It all depends on the script and how the director wants to do the movie for the quality of the actors is not in question.

I hope the film is great. I loved the Ang Lee version but I have no sense of loyalty to it and therfore eagerly await this new movie.

I've never really been a fan of Hurt's work but I can accept this. It's going to be hard to beat Elliot in this role, but since they have to re-cast this isn't a bad decision.

If all these great names has join the run on this... It will means that they are a really good script and a very talented and persuasive director. Norton, Roth, Hurt... they are not people that makes a movie just for cash... no way!

I like William Hurt, but this is a total miscast. The one thing they got right in the last attempt, was Sam Elliot, who nailed Thunderbolt to a T, no pun intended.

Totally agreed. William Hurt is a very solid actor, and yes, I have seen him in "A History of Violence" but he is wrong for this role, IMO. I know they needed to completely recast this movie, which I agree with, but damn, Sam Elliott was so perfect as Thunderbolt. This is a step down, IMO.

I think alot of folks are losing sight of the fact that we will never totally be satisfied with what we get from any film. We are far too critical in our views and obviously want things to be as WE visualize them in our minds. For example, we all watched the first one and pretty much all agree the Hulk looked pretty good for the first time they rendered him on film. As far as the rest of the movie, it was ok, but a little over blown with character development. My point is, we will ALWAYS find something wrong with the movie. "This or that could've been different". Lets enjoy the awesome NEW cast we are getting (oscar caliber) and give the NEW pic positive support and stop worrying. I'm sure it will be awesome! Hi to all on the thread btw!

i was first choice... i'm sure ya all think i'm idiot but i admit i just wish Vince McMahon ... i think it funny in my life if he join that movie mean nuts lol but William hurt yeah it would be good for me to see it

I would've loved for Sam Elliot to come back. :csad:
I look at Sam Elliot as the definitive General Ross. That role was not only the best role in Hulk, but one of the best in all comic book movies.

However, William Hurt is an amazing actor, so he makes up for the recast 2 times over. :up:

I like William Hurt, but like some have already said, I also see him as more of an insightful, calm, brooding type, not the General Ross that Sam Elliot nailed. Plus, if he was younger, he would have made a great Banner! I'm willing to give Hurt the benefit of the doubt, as they are re-thinking this whole movie. The cast so far, is damn impressive, and let's face it, Bana and Conelly were absolutely DULL, IMO. My concerns are with the director and Zak Penn.[SIZE=-1]

Ultimately[/SIZE], I think if you're a Hulk fan, nothing will keep you away from this movie, whether you like it, well, that's another thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"