Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Thread Manager, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

The one she said was not real I can identify as this:
    [​IMG]

2. Cassandra Cain

Cassandra Cain YAS KWEEN!

^ But got to admit, would've loved seeing a whip wrapped around her like that. Dare to dream. :)

3. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

I'm not sure how true that is. Pfeiffer's Catwoman had an implicitly supernatural element, but I don't think the meat and bones of the actresses performance were any less believable than AH's. While likeable, I tend to think that AH's Selina seems too balanced and well adjusted to become Catwoman. MP's unhinged, fetishistic Catwoman is, to me, a bit more psychologically plausible than AH's.

4. Demon Hunter

Demon Hunter Well-Known Member

I did not mean the actresses themselves, but their characters. Pfeiffer's Catwoman would not fit in Nolan's universe at all.

Unfortunately, I haven't AnneFan. Haven't had the time to really watch anything. At the moment I'm trying to study hard for some exams of mine and when I'm through with them, I'm turning my attention back to Anne's movies :) The only thing I've seen of her the last days are some interviews, but I can rarely find ones I haven't seen already. So thank you for the one you posted, this was indeed a new one :D

5. MultipleJesuses

MultipleJesuses The Dancing Clown

The Catwoman one was a cgi render (not sure who told me that but it was someone on the hype) so maybe thats what she means? Didn't see the undies one at all though.

6. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

Of course she wouldn't. Each character is heavily moulded by their respective directors.

The actresses gave their all... so any problems you might have lies with how the directors approached them. It all depends on your tastes.

For me, I prefer the slightly more psychotic and emotionally damaged Catwoman.

7. Demon Hunter

Demon Hunter Well-Known Member

Yeah, exactly. I never said I didn't like Pfeiffer's Catwoman. I was just responding to regwec, about what I felt is the difference between her's and Anne's Catwoman

P.S I like your avatar! :)

8. mao

mao Well-Known Member

Ugh! That looks horrible. I'm glad they didn't go with that costume.

9. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

Yep, I greatly prefer the direction they went in the movie.

10. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

I thought the costume was the worst thing about TDKR's Catwoman, but it is preferable to the manip above, since that is a very poor execution of the cowl design.

11. mao

mao Well-Known Member

I'm actually glad they nixed the cowl totally. And I loved her costume and the fact that she was sane.

12. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

Why?

13. Kansiov

Kansiov Well-Known Member

14. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

lol what? Was he the one who asked for that? :funny:

I wish there were someone in the crowd during that video who asked her to sign a still from Havoc or L&OD. Her reaction to that would've been priceless.

15. mao

mao Well-Known Member

Aesthetic reasons. I like the nod to Julie Newmar with the exposed long hair. It looks better on Anne. I also like the goggles doubling as subtle cat ears. Quite clever of Lindy.

16. geetard

geetard Rebirth

I remember reading a story that Anne refused to sign one of her "more sensual" photos.

17. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Oh really? But why would she refuse that, since she posed for it? What if she were doing a Love & Other Drugs premiere and people wanted her to sign stills from that? Her nakedness featured quite heavily in that, so it would be quite natural to present her with a picture of that.

18. Kansiov

Kansiov Well-Known Member

I believe the fanart is his. He made it before the Catwoman reveal in August of last year.

19. Alex Logan

Alex Logan Yes, Mr. Smith.

Yeah, the funny part is that back when that was made people here were loving the crap out it.

It was made way before that.

20. kvz5

kvz5 HBIC

I've always liked that manip and I still do. *shrug*

21. Kane52630

Kane52630 Something's gotta stop the flow

Same here, it's a nice concept that I was expecting Nolan to do but I'm also glad he went for a more old school look. He did several things in TDKR that I never expect he would do but did.

22. kvz5

kvz5 HBIC

My friend (who just saw TDKR today) and I were having some discussions about Selina. Obviously, the implication in the end is she's done being a burglar and she'll be starting fresh with Bruce but my friend said that she felt that she'll go back to being a thief had Bruce died. I told her that my impression is that she wanted to start fresh (hence her aggressively seeking out the "clean slate" program) regardless of whether Bruce died or not. And in a way, I felt that she wanted to prove Bruce right even if he died. My friend did bring up a good point though that being a burglar is what Selina is and she lives for the excitement of it (at least in the comics). Somehow, my impression is that Nolan's Selina isn't exactly like that and this one wanted that fresh start. I'm curious what people's thoughts are?

23. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

She does steal the necklace, but that is a bonus while lifting the fingerprints from the safe. She steals Bruce's Lambo, and that can be seen as one-upsmanship. You've taken the necklace, but cat's got your car now, kind of thing. She is very good at stealing, no doubt about it. Her criminal record is representative of that. She sells the fingerprints to Daggett because she wants the clean slate. She doesn't get it. We then see her in front of his safe, in the act of stealing, in an attempt to start fresh. She then demands it from him at gunpoint. It is clear she wants this equipment and wants to use it. For example she said she'd help Batman out with the batpod, then ride out of town straight away. She changes her mind and Bruce/Batman is a reason for that. Whether or not she wants to continue that thieving lifestyle, just without a record and identity, remains to be seen. If so it would be from people that are well off (people not like Bruce!), for example how she helped that boy and returned his apple.

24. kthevs

kthevs Well-Known Member

"Once you've done what you had to do, they'll never let you do what you want to do." It's something along those lines. She doesn't want to be a thief anymore.

25. mao

mao Well-Known Member

I thought that her initial motivation for the clean slate was because she felt boxed in and was close to being caught anyway. I do think her motivation changes towards the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.