The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated many times, the shot of Selina looking out the window is a really nice touch. The first time I saw it, I almost got the feel that this scene was almost Nolan's answer to the classic Superman/Lois flight scene in Donner's Superman. Cause you just know Selina is having some kind of internal monologue there about her feelings for Bats.

Yes. The dynamic between them is captured as the Clark/Lois one was. As different as the two are from each other.

As stated many times, the shot of Selina looking out the window is a really nice touch. The first time I saw it, I almost got the feel that this scene was almost Nolan's answer to the classic Superman/Lois flight scene in Donner's Superman. Cause you just know Selina is having some kind of internal monologue there about her feelings for Bats.

Yes! I agree! :hrt:

Although the Bruce/Bat and Selina/Catwoman could've used more development, they've definitely planted hints here and there (most notably in the acting) how the two were developing feelings for each other throughout the entire movie. One example is Catwoman's fangirl-ish looks at Batman (when she saw that he was back (TV) and while she was at The Bat as mentioned).

Enlarged it on the HathCat:

fvcoxj.png

dat blur

I wish the bottom right pic was real. :argh: It's a great photoshop job though. :D

tumblr_m8lubkNwo01rogb13o1_500.png

Although the Bruce/Bat and Selina/Catwoman could've used more development, they've definitely planted hints here and there (most notably in the acting) how the two were developing feelings for each other throughout the entire movie. One example is Catwoman's fangirl-ish looks at Batman (when she saw that he was back (TV) and while she was at The Bat as mentioned).

Agree. Sure it could have used more development, but can't really blame Nolan because there's really just too much in this movie to fully flesh out a romance between Bruce Wayne/Batman and Selina Kyle/Catwoman. Plus you got Miranda/Taila so that adds a love triangle pretty much. I was fine with their romance and thought it was definitely developed at least enough. At first she can't stand him because she hates the rich, but the kiss probably messed with her a bit at the ball, and when he came to her apartment she acted a bit different, and she probably felt remorse due to her actions since she didn't even get what Daggett agreed on. She double crosses Batman, and when she founds out it's Bruce she seems on the verge of tears and realized how wrong she was about the guy. They're both sent to prision and i have a feeling they both thought of each other a lot during the five month period hence why Selina seems to even recognize Bruce just by hearing his voice. I think when he came back to Gotham was definitely when their feelings for each other grow stronger, which was why i was able to believe the ending.

I liked that all the scenes where Selina showed vulnerability seemed to involve Bruce. The breaking back, Blake questioning her at the airport about Bruce, when Bruce comes back to Gotham, and the "come with me" plea. I guess you can even add when he told her there's no auto pilot.

I wish the bottom right pic was real. :argh: It's a great photoshop job though. :D

tumblr_m8lubkNwo01rogb13o1_500.png

Never would I have thought Bale and Hathaway would not only have great chemistry, but be a believable couple in TDKR.

The more I think about how they were depicted in the film, the more I am happy Bruce ended up with Selina in the end.

Agree on the comments about the scene of the stock exchange until batman said "so this is how it feels" (something like that) it was a great scene, everything was perfect, yes it had minor details, but overall is one of the best of the whole trilogy :D

Agree on the comments about the scene of the stock exchange until batman said "so this is how it feels" (something like that) it was a great scene, everything was perfect, yes it had minor details, but overall is one of the best of the whole trilogy :D

It's one of the things I love about Nolan's Bat-films, they always have at least one extension of a scene with lots of tension that builds up to a fight scene or chase.

BB had the Arkham infiltration/escape which lead to the tumbler chase.

TDK had The Harvey Dent fundraiser with The Joker crashing it and Batman showing up having to save Rachel.

TDKR had Bane taking over the stock exchange which leads to the police going after him. Batman shows up, takes out Bane's men and the police begin chasing him. Batman then escapes which leads to Catwoman's scene, where Batman shows up again, fights with Catwoman against more of Bane's mens and then they escape in the Bat.

This is probably on how her version would have gone...

Can you read my mind?
Do you know what it is that you do to me...
I don't know who you are...
Other than I stole your good Friend Bruce Wayne's Million Dollar Car...
Here I am, like a convict on the run...
But then again, you did take away my gun...
Riding behind a vigilante, or a fool...
In the end, I'll still probably make you my tool..
Can you read my mind?
Can you picture the things that I'm thinking of?
Wondering why you talk the way you do...
Perhaps you shouldn't have spent so much time with the bats in the zoo

:oldrazz:

I really wish that even though, for the sake of the story line, we couldn't see Bruce until after Alfred went to that diner, that we could have seen on how Bruce had reunited with Selina again, let alone seeing more of their new life together other than them eating at that joint.lol

I really wish that even though, for the sake of the story line, we couldn't see Bruce until after Alfred went to that diner, that we could have seen on how Bruce had reunited with Selina again, let alone seeing more of their new life together other than them eating at that joint.lol

I loved seeing the cafe scene, but I do agree it would have been awesome to see how they reunited again. Even though she tried hiding her feelings of course, her reaction when he came back to Gotham after she thought almost for sure he was dead was pretty strong and she was obviously really relived to see him. I can only imagine her reaction the second time being even stronger. She might even be a little outraged at first and slap him or something for making her think he was dead and lying about the auto pilot before embracing him. And to be honest when it comes to the movies being outraged at first when you realize the person you have deep feelings for just faked their death seems to equal real love, lol.

I can possibly see Selina trying to even forget about Bruce or not mourn at all over his death, but not being able to because she really had developed feelings for him.

Can you read my mind?
Can you read my mind?

:oldrazz:

Well played sir.

http://gifsoup.com/

Can you read my mind?
Can you read my mind?

:bow: :funny: :bow:

I loved seeing the cafe scene, but I do agree it would have been awesome to see how they reunited again. Even though she tried hiding her feelings of course, her reaction when he came back to Gotham after she thought almost for sure he was dead was pretty strong and she was obviously really relived to see him. I can only imagine her reaction the second time being even stronger. She might even be a little outraged at first and slap him or something for making her think he was dead and lying about the auto pilot before embracing him. And to be honest when it comes to the movies being outraged at first when you realize the person you have deep feelings for just faked their death seems to equal real love, lol.

I can possibly see Selina trying to even forget about Bruce or not mourn at all over his death, but not being able to because she really had developed feelings for him.

Indeed...I swear, in the Nolan World, it seems like a lot of the good stuff happen off screen..or that there's enough time that passes off screen where a dozen different scenarios regarding what Bruce was doing those given time periods is created among fans.lol

You know, I was also wondering if Selilna even knows the fact that Bruce's parents were gunned down by a mug to begin with, let alone on the real significance of those pearls..would have been great to see her expression from learning all of that, let alone on when Bruce finally gave it to her...and of course..it would have been nice to see a Bruce and Selina kiss where he initiated it.lol

Leave it to Nolan to end a franchise with fans wanting to see even more on those who survived.lol

Never would I have thought Bale and Hathaway would not only have great chemistry, but be a believable couple in TDKR.

The more I think about how they were depicted in the film, the more I am happy Bruce ended up with Selina in the end.

Bruce and Selina are the best couple I have seen in any comic book movie so far.

Agreed.

Bale usually has terrible romantic chemistry with every love interest in his films.

Bruce and Selina are soul mates, for sure.

The romantic chemistry between Bruce and Selina was subtle and a tad underdeveloped, but the bond between the two felt quite legitimate. Bat/Cat, byfar, is the most convincing couple in the genre. The dynamic was utterly near-perfect. Despite time constraints, The Nolans and Bale/Hathaway impressively presented and executed the relationship. It was truly a thing of beauty in witnessing two distressed and dysfunctional individuals find happiness after a lifetime of unfortunate circumstances (and during the 'darkest' period of their existence).

Indeed...I swear, in the Nolan World, it seems like a lot of the good stuff happen off screen..or that there's enough time that passes off screen where a dozen different scenarios regarding what Bruce was doing those given time periods is created among fans.lol

You know, I was also wondering if Selilna even knows the fact that Bruce's parents were gunned down by a mug to begin with, let alone on the real significance of those pearls..would have been great to see her expression from learning all of that, let alone on when Bruce finally gave it to her...and of course..it would have been nice to see a Bruce and Selina kiss where he initiated it.lol

Leave it to Nolan to end a franchise with fans wanting to see even more on those who survived.lol

Agree especially on the last part. I would love to see how their life behind the capes would be life. I know we have fan fictions, but it's just not the same, I want to see it on screen. I'm really not sure if Selina knows that Bruce's parents were gun down, but she does know they belong to his mother. I don't think she knows the significance of them yet or why he was so determined to get them back, but if I were her I would feel guilty when I learn the significance of them. He should tell her the significance of them to her, and then shock her couple days later by giving them back to her. If I was Bruce though I would certainly not give them back to her until she finally says "I Love You" to him, and give her no signs that you have them. I wonder what his mother would have felt about Bruce giving them to a cat burglar who in their first meeting kicked his cane, and stole them lol. I would have loved to see her reaction to getting them back after stealing them once already, lol.

They're both retired from the Batman and Catwoman gig, but do you think they would let all those fighting skills go to waste? I say they should have fun hot sparring matches as foreplay. That should be a fan fiction and then have them make mad love after that, lol. Afterall whenever Batman and Catwoman fight, it always ends in some flirty way rather than trying to put the other one in the hospital, so them still fighting a little in their retiree careers and then having sex afterwards makes complete sense I think, lol. Please someone talented make that into a fan fiction so I won't have to.

The cafe scene was more than enough for me. I'm okay with having the opportunity to decide what happened with them instead of being told.

Why did they really end up together? I ain't saying she's a gold digger..

lol; well even if she was, being with Bruce wouldn't do her any good on that account since he was somewhat financially broke as far as the film established...if anything, Bruce may be the gold digger.lol

If anything, I think they found kindred spirits in each other; I mean let's face it, how often is it where a person that goes out doing illegal things while dressed in some black costume comes across another person with the same status?lol

There's no way Bruce is poor. Guy's too paranoid to not have any offshore accounts. Offshore/off the books accounts were how he was acquiring his Batgear outside of WE.

"The rich don't really go broke like the rest of us."

Last edited:

Well if you were paying close attention the guy got bank rupt mid through the movie. I mean this is Bruce so I'm certain he's got access to certain accounts, but he ain't the billionaire he used to be and he's fine with that because he was never all about the money. Plus Selina can't stand rich people which is why she couldn't stand him at first, so if she was a gold digger she would have hook up with him the first time she saw him lol instead of gradually developing feelings for him.

They ended together because they developed romantic feelings for each other, the same reason pretty much why anybody usually end up together. They kissed twice. The first one was a challenge, while the second one as the book desicribed was passationate, and tender. Selina doesn't ask people to escape with them if she only wants to be known as their gold digger, because she has the ability to take care of herself as well.

There's no way Bruce is poor. Guy's too paranoid to not have any offshore accounts. Offshore/off the books accounts are how he was acquiring his Batgear outside of WE.
I agree. Either from Fox recouping the money from proving fraud or having back up accounts. The cafe scene tells me that they are together. That's the last we see of Bruce, and he's happy (why wouldn't he be?), so that makes me happy as well.

I agree. Either from Fox recouping the money from proving fraud or having back up accounts. The cafe scene tells me that they are together. That's the last we see of Bruce, and he's happy (why wouldn't he be?), so that makes me happy as well.

Agree! Plus she's wearing the pearls if you look really close which must mean they're in a serious relationship and Bruce wouldn't give it to someone who's just a friend especially if it's someone that has stolen it once already, haha. She had to earn them back lol. Plus how often do a man and a woma go to Itlay and stay just as friends? Not often I'm sure. Alfred's wish, the pearls, both of them looking happy, plus her "come with me" emotional plea, and their second kiss =Nolan indeed trying to tell us they are indeed a couple now.

why?? oh that is just a great question as if someone ask why did Arwen and Argorn end up together or why did Han Solo and Leia end up together

Becuase they both are suckers, get the picture now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"