Ant-Man Casting Thread

Keep Cumberbatch far away from this please

Haha, the casting for most of these threads is just like a tennis match between Cumberbatch and Fassbender.
How can fassbender be Pym when he is reed Richards in the MCU Fantastic Four movie I pretend is happening?

What about Brenda Song as Janet Van Dyne?

I hate Ultimates, but Janet is asian in Ultimates...well half asian.

I hate Ultimates, but Janet is asian in Ultimates...well half asian.

Yeah, and I honestly believe Marvel would go for the affirmative action version of Janet. Couldn't hurt to have a strong Asian heroine in Ant-Man and the Avengers.

Yeah, I sense they may pull that. The white dude/asian chick dynamic hasn't failed Hollywood yet.

If they do go with asian ultimate Janet I would prefer her to have her 616 personality and background.

Yeah, I can't see Radcliffe, even when he did that Equus butt ass nekkid thing, as anything more than the Harry Potter brat. He just has that kind of face.
He wants to play Flash anyway.

Yeah, and I honestly believe Marvel would go for the affirmative action version of Janet. Couldn't hurt to have a strong Asian heroine in Ant-Man and the Avengers.

That's kinda why I picked Song. I could see Marvel wanting to diversify their heroes a bit and to me Song has a lot of the qualities that might make for a good fit for Wasp. She can do the shallow, socialite thing and I feel like she could really bring out the girl that wants to be a hero. She also has a black belt in Tae Kwan Do, not that it is a big part of Wasp's character, but I bet Song is looking for an action-type role.

And for the record, Song isn't "too young" for Janet.:argh:

Antman.png

ant%2Bman%2Bnew%2Bcostume.png

303x235.jpg

David Giuntoli

or

Robin Dunne

robin-dunne.jpg

The guy the played Reed in the old fantastic four movie???

Eww, no.

He'd be good, but I don't think people would embrace him the way Evans was embraced.

I have my doubts as well. But then again, many had their doubts with Evans. I just wonder now if casting two of the Fantastic Four original cast to be in another set of Marvel films might serve as a big slap to the face of the F4 creation/fanbase. Which, I will add, I'd be totally fine with.

I just saw, on another site, someone post NPH as Ant-Man.

And by god, I like it.
As Hank *or* Scott. NPH is my new fan frontrunner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"