Antje Traue IS Faora in The Man of Steel - Part 2

I'm curious, when Zod, Faora and the other Kryptonian soldiers where looking for Kal-El's ship at the farm, Faora was doing a lot of super moves.

Was that due to her exoskeleton suit? Did that grant them super powers? Or was it yellow sun light getting through her face mask membrane thing?

Because Zod didn't get his powers till his membrane mask was destroyed, right?

I haven't seen the movie since June, so I'm probably forgetting some things. Anyone mind clearing the situation up? I was watching a clip from the movie, that's where all this is coming from.

Truthfully I'm unclear about how any of the Kryptonians got their powers. The movie showed that Kal was depowered by the change in atmosphere, but all the Kyptonians with the breathers still had super powers. Frankly, I'm still confused about it. Hopefully someone will clear this up for the both of us.

They all had their powers the moment they got exposed to the Yellow Sun's radiation.

That exoskeleton-like mask breather is just meant to prevent them from being overloaded by their senses due to their powers and inability (at that point) to control them.

Since neither Zod, Faora, or any of their henchmen had mastered controlling their senses when exposed to the Yellow sun like Superman had during his life on Earth, that's why they were overloaded with everything at once after their masks were destroyed/damaged.

Since neither Zod, Faora, or any of their henchmen had mastered controlling their senses when exposed to the Yellow sun like Superman had during his life on Earth, that's why they were overloaded with everything at once after their masks were destroyed/damaged.

From everything I know and everything I saw...it still doesn't make sense to me. I'm missing something or something is off. :huh:

I think whats missing is them discovering their powers.

From what it seemed like to me- on the Krypton ship they were powerless- hence scared of Clark when his powers returned.
Although when Lois escapes one of them is able to punch a hole in the pod- due to the ships atmosphere being changed to earth maybe?

At the Farm Faora demonstrated super powers as if they are natural... this is a problem. No shock to it.
Zod also tosses a car i think here too.

I got the impression that yellow sunlight gave them speed and strength even though they wore the suits.

Once they lost or damaged the suits their senses where overloaded and the other powers manifested.

Or the suits themselves gave them strength and speed..? Problem is its not demonstrated...

and while we are at it... we heard alot about the language they created for the film.. during production.. but they spoke English...

As the title suggests, it's from the Maximum Movie Mode-like special feature called 'Journey of Discovery: Creating 'Man of Steel'' that's only included with the US editions of the BluRay release unfortunately.

Is it only on some special US versions or on all US BluRay versions of MoS?

Rather stupid to not put such a nice feature on all international versions of the blu rays.
It just adds value to the package. But without the movie, the feature is worth nothing. It just makes no sense :cmad:

Is she big in her country? I had never heard of her before MOS.

No, Antje is totally unknown in Germany.

no, not big anywhere... though after MoS, one would think there would be more little roles for her in the HW industry.

She declined a role in Hercules: Thracian Wars, and in one of the MoS interviews from June 2013 she said that she has a new project, but she isn't allowed to talk about it. So there is hope.

From everything I know and everything I saw...it still doesn't make sense to me. I'm missing something or something is off. :huh:

I think whats missing is them discovering their powers.

From what it seemed like to me- on the Krypton ship they were powerless- hence scared of Clark when his powers returned.
Although when Lois escapes one of them is able to punch a hole in the pod- due to the ships atmosphere being changed to earth maybe?

At the Farm Faora demonstrated super powers as if they are natural... this is a problem. No shock to it.
Zod also tosses a car i think here too.

I got the impression that yellow sunlight gave them speed and strength even though they wore the suits.

Once they lost or damaged the suits their senses where overloaded and the other powers manifested.

Or the suits themselves gave them strength and speed..? Problem is its not demonstrated...

I think that given all of their military background and how they were genetically bred to only care about their mission at hand, that they really didn't put much emphasis in showing them being in awe of having powers.

It's most likely that the Dax-Ur (their scientist) informed them ahead of time that they would develop powers under the yellow sun, meaning that they already expected to have powers once they reached Earth but due to their no nonsense attitude, they didn't take the time to explore the full extent of their powers.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure that every power they possessed was all natural (from the Yellow Sun) and that their suits or helmets didn't give them any powers.

and while we are at it... we heard alot about the language they created for the film.. during production.. but they spoke English...

Yeah I found that weird as well. Heck, I remember on how one of the faux documentaries for the film (On the Blu-Ray) special had them reciting Kryptonian in its native language, thus I found it even more weird that they didn't have them speaking another language in the film.

There's a good chance all those inconsistencies regarding the Kryptonians and the discovery/developement of superpowers (among other plot holes) will be resolved in a future 'Supercut' of 'Man of Steel'.

In an interview with Mackenzie Gray, the actor who played the bald Kryptonian scientist Jax-Ur, there was mention that they filmed way more (over a dozen) scenes of dialogue and interaction between the Kryptonians aboard the Black Zero, which may include the crew or someone from the crew (Faora comes to mind, since she seems to be the one most sure of her new powers at the Kent farm) discovering some unusual gain in strength, agility, reflexes, etc upon entering Earth's atmosphere in the drop-ship or, as mentioned in the previous post, Jax-Ur informing the crew beforehand that they should expect to have increased strength, agility, reflexes, etc because they are now in a planetary system that has a Yellow Sun.

And they wouldn't just let all this additional footage go to waste now, would they?

Is it only on some special US versions or on all US BluRay versions of MoS?

Rather stupid to not put such a nice feature on all international versions of the blu rays.
It just adds value to the package. But without the movie, the feature is worth nothing. It just makes no sense.
Tell me about it.

As far as I know pretty much every US edition of the release (even the standard one) does include those two exclusive special features.
I got me one copy of the combo pack off of eBay recently and it's very much worth it.

I've been wondering, specially since the news that Seventh Son will be released February 6th 2015 and considering the movie is being doomed after all this push back... Are there news on any other projects for Antje?

She declined a role in Hercules: Thracian Wars, and in one of the MoS interviews from June 2013 she said that she has a new project, but she isn't allowed to talk about it. So there is hope.
There's also that short Outlier (double role as a nurse/doctor and a fictional supervillain called 'Red Widow') which may never make its way to the big screen (except during film festivals) though.

Hope that 'new project' she wasn't allowed to talk about isn't just Outlier and she's been cast in something worthwhile. Like Episode VII or Terminator 5 or...

Last edited:
Sef, thank you for the info, I read she is in that short-film but yeah, it looks like it is something that will make some festivals circuit and that´s it. I´ve been wondering about that interview in which she said there was something but she couldn´t talk about, hope it is one of those big films that have no cast announced yet, because if it is something else there would be news already from film-sites etc... The other day I saw an interview with Henry Cavill´s stunt double in MoS, and when he talked about Antje, he also happened to mention he met with her in LA at a coffee shop some days ago, so I figure if she is still in LA, there must be chances she is going to meetings, etc,... but I wanted to ask if someone knew more.

I also hope they make a good DVD delux one day, I´ve been holding to see which one to buy, but I´ve been disappointed so far, I expected a sort of "Director´s cut" with all the scenes they had to cut off the film do the long running time in had, because if you had the chance to read Greg Cox´s Man of Steel novelization, there is a lot of interesting stuff in it which has the story make much more sense regarding many things, it was written from the original script and it has so many additional things that never made it into the film.

BTW there is much more explanation of these details here regarding their powers and how they obtained them, it was a combination of the yellow sun, their exoskeleton nature, the two planets different atmosphere and gravity. They knew they could do things differently here, but they didn´t know all the extent of the powers they could achieve, for example Faora could master jump very high, also move fast, she knew that with one punch she could kill but none of them knew they could fly, for example the scene when Superman blasted his heat vision, he burned her hand and she looked at him surprised. But it didn´t seem like they were interested in adapting to Earth, which is why they kept using their masks etc, except for Zod that adapted to fight Kal El as an equal.

Last edited:
BTW there is much more explanation of these details here regarding their powers and how they obtained them, it was a combination of the yellow sun, their exoskeleton nature, the two planets different atmosphere and gravity. They knew they could do things differently here, but they didn´t know all the extent of the powers they could achieve, for example Faora could master jump very high, also move fast, she knew that with one punch she could kill but none of them knew they could fly, and int he scene when Superman blasted his heat vision, he burned her hand and she looked at him surprised. But it didn´t seem like they were interested in adapting to Earth, which is why they kept using their masks etc, except for Zod that adapted to fight Kal El as an equal.

I did read the novelization and you're right there is a lot more stuff in there. What I would have liked is one scene where they are on earth before meeting Kal where they test these powers. It would have made more sense that way, but meh...I'm not going to let that hold me back from liking the movie. It's still awesome in my view. :woot:

I did read the novelization and you're right there is a lot more stuff in there. What I would have liked is one scene where they are on earth before meeting Kal where they test these powers. It would have made more sense that way, but meh...I'm not going to let that hold me back from liking the movie. It's still awesome in my view. :woot:

yeah, but it goes with the weird theme the film had, the first 20 mins in Krypton, the movie just flies by, the timeline is short, in a matter of a couple of days everything happens, from Kal-El´s birth to the planet´s destruction, then there is an hour of film in which we meet Kal-El as an adult trying to find his identity, the moment he does that: BANG! Zod arrived to Earth and all kind of fights happen, and if we consider the timeline in which we see all this fighting, they happened in just two days... there is no time to explore anything too deep specially the villains powers, and the script couldn´t have them develop them too much or it wouldn´t had made sense that Superman could defeat them, if they were as powerful and expert.
I liked the film, but at the end I think the film tried to cover so much that it left me wanting to know more about Krypton and those people, they were interesting .... in fact in the book, I liked so much the part about Krypton that I hoped they would make a prequel with all that stuff.

You know what's so crazy it looks like everything happened in a couple of days on film, but it didn't. Some events took place over months. Like for instance Kal spent a lot more time working at that diner before he heard about the alien space craft. When Lois was investigating I heard a line that said he worked here a "few months". This makes me think many of these jumps that occurred weren't just next day events; yet, the movie doesn't explain that so you can easily think they are.

There's also that short Outlier (double role as a nurse/doctor and a fictional supervillain called 'Red Widow') which may never make its way to the big screen (except during film festivals) though.

Hope that 'new project' she wasn't allowed to talk about isn't just Outlier and she's been cast in something worthwhile. Like Episode VII or Terminator 5 or...

According to imdb Outlier has an estimated budget of 144000€. So I think the shooting for that was one ore two weeks at most. I'm sure she meant a different project. And I think a producer of a small indie movie would be happy to have his movie mentioned in an interview for a mega block buster.

btw Outlier is coproduced by arte and Bayerischer Rundfunk German/French TV stations. So at least the Europeans can see it sometime in the future via the astra satellites. If we don't miss it :cwink:

You know what's so crazy it looks like everything happened in a couple of days on film, but it didn't. Some events took place over months. Like for instance Kal spent a lot more time working at that diner before he heard about the alien space craft. When Lois was investigating I heard a line that said he worked here a "few months". This makes me think many of these jumps that occurred weren't just next day events; yet, the movie doesn't explain that so you can easily think they are.

yeah! this is huge thing, many of those events took time, yet in the movie, it seems like the focused in the main events that were character development for Kal-El or help fast forward the plot.

@trauen that is a good budget for a short film, IDK if it will be out in TV, but I think with shorts, production companies generally put them in some DVD of some other bigger movie they might have. I do think somehow it will be available to be seen sometime, and yeah, I doubt this was the project she was talking about... the thing is that we don´t know if it is for sure, since in HW projects fail to get the budget many times, it is wise for actors not so speak about them till they are about to start shooting because that is when they know for sure.

https://www.facebook.com/ManofSteelUnofficial?ref=stream

Now Warner, please make that announcement a real special one! :woot:

*crossing fingers*
I can only hope they say Faora is returning :woot: , but seeing the options for fans to vote on "possible villains" teaming up with Luthor... I will say it might be another character from Krypton, that or Kara will make her appearance, since they made a hint about her existence in the film.

*crossing fingers*
I can only hope they say Faora is returning :woot: , but seeing the options for fans to vote on "possible villains" teaming up with Luthor... I will say it might be another character from Krypton, that or Kara will make her appearance, since they made a hint about her existence in the film.

It might have something to do with this news that's floating around for the last few hours:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Warn...edom-Develop-Smaller-DC-Properties-40536.html

Maybe they make a little kryptonian movie.

bw9i.jpg

By Tony Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"