Antje Traue IS Faora in The Man of Steel - Part 2

Don't agree with you. the few dialogue she had was one of the best things of the movie. beating supes speech was great and she delivered pretty well.
I have to say she is one of the best things about MOS.

But I agree with you completely!
From my POV as a viewer, she was more than outstanding in it, and just a quick search on the net and social networks, show she was one of the most talked about from the film, and even the people at DC seem to know that have brought her character, Faora, back to the new Superman/WonderWoman issues and all.
But I meant from a more technical POV, there is no doubt that even casting agents would agree she did great with what she was given and she even managed to get attention from it, but she has been around in HW before giving auditions and in a German interview she said herself that the accent was her biggest issue and she worked with dialect coaches, so a few sentences in MoS were not helping her to prove how she could do with longer speeches regarding her accent, which is why I believe her management made that reel for.

I think those were her auditions tape, which her management is using to make a reel to promote her speaking English

That's totally possible. However it is dazzling to me, that in our day and age of copyright infringement lawsuits, intellectual property and so forth, that it is legal to use monologues from movies in which you aren't involved, and that are not even released, in a promotion video.

I would have expected that you have to sign some non-disclosure agreement or something similar to get the script for a Hollywood production. :huh:

But maybe Antje's German management is just a little amateurish. :woot:

That's totally possible. However it is dazzling to me, that in our day and age of copyright infringement lawsuits, intellectual property and so forth, that it is legal to use monologues from movies in which you aren't involved, and that are not even released, in a promotion video.

I would have expected that you have to sign some non-disclosure agreement or something similar to get the script for a Hollywood production. :huh:

But maybe Antje's German management is just a little amateurish. :woot:

Very true! Good point! But at the same time it is so little from the scripts, impossible to figure out what they are about. It had happened before that many audiotion tapes from different actors leaked to the net to later be pulled out by the estudio company.
Though I would be really happy if she were in some thing like The Gunman, Idris Elvas and many other great actors and in it, so hopefully it is not the case of copyright infringement but Antje is part of those movies/TV show ;)

Last edited:
But I agree with you completely!
From my POV as a viewer, she was more than outstanding in it, and just a quick search on the net and social networks, show she was one of the most talked about from the film, and even the people at DC seem to know that have brought her character, Faora, back to the new Superman/WonderWoman issues and all.
But I meant from a more technical POV, there is no doubt that even casting agents would agree she did great with what she was given and she even managed to get attention from it, but she has been around in HW before giving auditions and in a German interview she said herself that the accent was her biggest issue and she worked with dialect coaches, so a few sentences in MoS were not helping her to prove how she could do with longer speeches regarding her accent, which is why I believe her management made that reel for.

OK then we're :word:. I think they hired Antje in MOS cause her accent. to really seem as a foreign alien. That was a great move by Snyder IMO.

Am I the only one who'd like to see Antje in a Marvel movie at some point? Only problem is I'm having a hard time thinking of what character would be best suited for her.

Am I the only one who'd like to see Antje in a Marvel movie at some point? Only problem is I'm having a hard time thinking of what character would be best suited for her.

A super badass Madame Masque. :word:

Not so keen on that idea, I'd rather see her stick with the DCCU.
If she doesn't get to return as Faora, Guillermo Del Toro should really consider her for Zatanna in the Justice League Dark movie.

p9jb.jpg

apkb.jpg

I honestly will believe that JL: Dark film is going to be made when I see IT HAS BEEN MADE.

If she doesn't get to return as Faora, Guillermo Del Toro should really consider her for Zatanna in the Justice League Dark movie.

p9jb.jpg

apkb.jpg

Antje Traue as Zatanna would be awesome.

Have you seen this?... the cover for Superman & Wonder Woman issue #5 :woot:

tumblr_mzrzogmDB71qkd96uo1_500.jpg

p9jb.jpg

apkb.jpg

I don't see why people get the idea that you can't do films based in both the Marvel & DC Universe. I'd much rather see Antje get a role in a Marvel movie than to see her come back as a different character set in the same universe as another character she just recently played.

That would confuse people a bit more, I think, than introducing her as a new character with a new look, attitude, etc. in another universe of comic book characters.

Btw, I absolutely love the fact that the newer comics are basing Faora's performance around Antje's portrayal of the character.

A thought just occurred & I feel compelled to ask this....

Am I the only one who thinks Antje could possibly make a great Black Cat? She's definitely got the body for it. And by that I mean her leaner & more athletic physique would allow for the needed agility.

Plus, she could totally work as a blonde.

Plus, she could totally work as a blonde.
url
GE8ggui.gif

xsba.png

Saw a cleanup on one of the scans from the 'Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Superman' artbook over at deviantart and decided to do one myself:

lkj1.png

Speaking of - with the recent news of Rupert Sanders (urgh) supposedly taking the helm for the live-action adaptation of 'Ghost In The Shell' I think it would make a helluva sense (and for a redeeming factor, should Sanders remain) if Antje was cast as Motoko Kusanagi.
If they intend to go with a westernized adaptation, of course.

tumblr_mli0gwDFPL1s5b9m4o1_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mli0gwDFPL1s5b9m4o2_r1_500.gif
tumblr_lgrznmNWxI1qae6ufo1_500.gif

tumblr_lznyenWB0n1qcqp1vo1_500.gif
tumblr_mnlkpdtlgR1rcchb1o3_r3_500.gif
tzHp4Rp.gif

tumblr_ml8h44eWPL1ry9vkao1_500.gif
tumblr_m6vuk5lp4m1qeumowo1_500.gif
tumblr_mrnkepAD0D1qisbd7o1_500.gif

Last edited:
url
GE8ggui.gif

xsba.png

Saw a cleanup on one of the scans from the 'Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Superman' artbook over at deviantart and decided to do one myself:

lkj1.png

God, I love her with this hairstyle. :hrt:

Great finding Sef!
it seems it is with the cast/crew from the new movie she is in... might that be the new style she has for the character there?

Great finding Sef!
it seems it is with the cast/crew from the new movie she is in... might that be the new style she has for the character there?
Yep, this is with the director (3rd from the right) and extras from the set of 'Despite The Falling Snow'.

Another one with Rebecca Ferguson:

y46a.jpg

Last edited:
Could totally dig her as Major Kusanagi in a GitS film.

thanks Sef for the new pic!! looks like they are rehearsing!! it is good to see her working and it is nice that this film seems to release a lot of pics :woot:

If she could pull off a British accent, I think Antje Traue would make an awesome Lara Croft.

^ If she got the right voice coach she could probably pull off a convincing British accent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"