The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Anyone else worried about Sony rushing the Sinister Six?

So what other possibilities are there in a S6 movie other than them forming? (Assuming Spidey fighting them is in another movie)

All I can think of is individual villains fighting eachother and eventually deciding to form up into the Sinister Six. Other than that, maybe some kind of heist or conspiracy? No idea.

Andrew said the fourth has nothing to do with him as it wasn't part of his contract, but he can easily sign on for another movie if they can come to an agreement.

1. Andrew is passionate about the character.
2. Money talks.

Hmm. If the man in the shadows is the Gentleman, then I think the writers could be taking a lot of inspiration from "The Gathering of the Sinister Six." I think the whole point of that story was about how he had a huge grudge against Peter's parents and wanted to take down Spider-Man. I think this film could perhaps incorporate the symbiote storyline, where Spider-Man uses it to defeat them.

I think no matter what they do though, it WILL involve Spider-Man somehow. It has to.

Interesting. Very interesting. That could very well be the case.
It'd make a lot of sense especially since "Venom" is announced as well. Probably playing off each other in terms of the symbiote. I could see the Sinister Six be a gathering, lead by The Gentleman, elaborating on the reason why he wants to take down Spider-Man. Well, I don't know how that would fill a two hour movie but that sounds cool.

It'd be really awesome if the S6 film ends with them gathered (obviously) and ready to hunt down Spider-Man, leading onto TASM4 being the fight. That'd be real tight.

It'd make a lot of sense especially since "Venom" is announced as well. Probably playing off each other in terms of the symbiote. I could see the Sinister Six be a gathering, lead by The Gentleman, elaborating on the reason why he wants to take down Spider-Man. Well, I don't know how that would fill a two hour movie but that sounds cool.

It'd be really awesome if the S6 film ends with them gathered (obviously) and ready to hunt down Spider-Man, leading onto TASM4 being the fight. That'd be real tight.

I think it could be done considering you have six characters to work with. You can get a little backstory on the Gentleman, develop Doctor Connors and have the group formation all done within the first hour or so.

Honestly though… I feel like a Sinister Six film is going be more action driven than any of the main Spider-Man films.

I think in order to make the Venom spin-off work, you need to establish him as a villain beforehand.

So I think the Sinister Six will be the S6 film, and that's that. Then perhaps in TASM4 he could get rid of the symbiote and Venom would be the main villain of that film. Then you could make way for a Venom solo movie and have him do his own thing.

:up: That's what I'd like to see. I kinda want a lot of drama or thriller elements to it as well. I don't know how, specifically, they could do that. But I think Norman Osborn and the Man in the Shadows being involved with Peter's Parents lends itself to those genres.

I don't think Sinister Six will be a 2 hour movie about the team grouping together. There has to be some kind of payoff, something to justify the need to do a villain centric movie.

The S6 should be the film that everything in the TASM series was leading up to. "The Future." I feel like this is going to be more action heavy than drama to be honest, especially considering how risky a project this is.

This is all just speculation, so I'm excited to hear about what the actual plans will be.

I still think its very very possible we could get it for a 3rd, and if that happens its up to the writers and webb to make it work, its as simple as that

I really do think they will wanna squeeze out venom in these next 2 storys somewhere

The talk of the boy on the plane (who presumably will survive somehow unless they randomly kill a child) makes me even more curious when it comes to the black suit story like sevenwebheads said in his video

Last edited:
I think it could be done considering you have six characters to work with. You can get a little backstory on the Gentleman, develop Doctor Connors and have the group formation all done within the first hour or so.
Honestly though… I feel like a Sinister Six film is going be more action driven than any of the main Spider-Man films.
I think in order to make the Venom spin-off work, you need to establish him as a villain beforehand.
So I think the Sinister Six will be the S6 film, and that's that. Then perhaps in TASM4 he could get rid of the symbiote and Venom would be the main villain of that film. Then you could make way for a Venom solo movie and have him do his own thing.
Ah I see. Yeah it could be done that. Along with a hundred other ways. Yeah the first hour of S6 can be the formation. A quick look at what's going on in their lives, (like the setup in The Avengers) the gathering happens with The Gentleman lecturing, possibly showing flashbacks with Young Richard and Mary...and somewhere in the movie, the actual fight. (Spider-Man v The Sinister Six)

:up: That's what I'd like to see. I kinda want a lot of drama or thriller elements to it as well. I don't know how, specifically, they could do that. But I think Norman Osborn and the Man in the Shadows being involved with Peter's Parents lends itself to those genres.
Exactly. Maybe some...eerie creepy elements too. As you'd expect with Norman Osborn.

I still think its very very possible we could get it for a 3rd, and if that happens its up to the writers and webb to make it work, its as simple as that

I really do think they will wanna squeeze out venom in these next 2 storys somewhere

The talk of the boy on the plane (who presumably will survive somehow unless they randomly kill a child) makes me even more curious when it comes to the black suit story like sevenwebheads said in his video

The Sinister Six film was planned after the trilogy was mapped out, so I think its unlikely. And I don't think Sony wants to "squeeze" in Venom and have history repeat itself. They ARE using Venom, but I doubt they want to shove him in again ASAP. As in… we probably won't see him show up in TASM3. Eddie Brock could show up as a minor character, but other than that, I doubt it.

I could definitely see them planting the seeds for him to appear in the future though.

I think it's comforting to know that I'm pretty sure Sony knows what fans wanna see/what the money maker is/what is "Avengers" big, is Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six. It's obvious.
If the S6 film is just purely the S6 and no Spidey fight, that's not gonna make money like the actual fight would.

Ah I see. Yeah it could be done that. Along with a hundred other ways. Yeah the first hour of S6 can be the formation. A quick look at what's going on in their lives, (like the setup in The Avengers) the gathering happens with The Gentleman lecturing, possibly showing flashbacks with Young Richard and Mary...and somewhere in the movie, the actual fight. (Spider-Man v The Sinister Six)

Exactly. Maybe some...eerie creepy elements too. As you'd expect with Norman Osborn.

I've posted this before, but I think the series could work if they did it like this:

1. TASM3 - Conclusion to parents storyline and Green Goblin
2. Sinister Six - Spider-Man uses symbiote to defeat them.
3. TASM4 - Spider-Man leaves symbiote, creates Venom as "main" villain.
4. Venom Spin-off

This way we still get Spider-Man with the symbiote, Venom is well-established as a character and all set to have his own movie.

I'm not saying this is the ONLY way to do it, but I feel like this is certainly one of many alternatives that could be taken. My point being: it can be done.

I think it's comforting to know that I'm pretty sure Sony knows what fans wanna see/what the money maker is/what is "Avengers" big, is Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six. It's obvious.
If the S6 film is just purely the S6 and no Spidey fight, that's not gonna make money like the actual fight would.

Yeah. Imagine the Avengers coming out, and the whole film is just the characters teaming without any big, EPIC final battle? There would have been no payoff.

I think the point of the Sinister Six is to show things from the perspective of the villains, show why they HATE Spider-Man, perhaps even root for them, and lead into a big SHOWDOWN. Nothing we've heard suggests that Spider-Man would be excluded from the film.

The Venom film could possibly have nothing to do with Spider-Man, but that's a whole different story.

The Sinister Six film was planned after the trilogy was mapped out, so I think its unlikely. And I don't think Sony wants to "squeeze" in Venom and have history repeat itself. They ARE using Venom, but I doubt they want to shove him in again ASAP. As in… we probably won't see him show up in TASM3. Eddie Brock could show up as a minor character, but other than that, I doubt it.

I could definitely see them planting the seeds for him to appear in the future though.

but to say that means webb already knew which villains he would be using? green goblin will unlikely be the only villain in TASM3 because that wouldn't be good enough and truth is if Sony or one of the producers said marc the fans wanna see the sinister 6 and we want you to do it then marc will likely do it, and i will say this... why wouldn't he? given the chance to do it why wouldn't he?

and yeah they already announced plans for venom its sounds like they are already making plans to me

I've posted this before, but I think the series could work if they did it like this:

1. TASM3 - Conclusion to parents storyline and Green Goblin
2. Sinister Six - Spider-Man uses symbiote to defeat them.
3. TASM4 - Spider-Man leaves symbiote, creates Venom as "main" villain.
4. Venom Spin-off

This way we still get Spider-Man with the symbiote, Venom is well-established as a character and all set to have his own movie.

I'm not saying this is the ONLY way to do it, but I feel like this is certainly one of many alternatives that could be taken. My point being: it can be done.

The idea about symbiote being used by Spider-Man to defeat S6 has been suggested a lot around here. I'm not super super excited for that to happen (at least not yet), but I am real eager to see how Marc's take on the black suit would be. Whew.

sevenwebhead mentioned about the boy on the plane possibly being eddie brock and that he survives the plane crash with the symbiote and thats really got we curious, it does look like a private jet or something they are on and are they randomly gonna kill a child? or is this part of the idea richard parker created the cancer suit with eddie brocks parents aka the ultimate SM

honestly if it happens i hope people stay positive and just give webb and the writers a chance, its something that can be done and i really don't see sony being in the same mindset as fans that its to soon or having the patience of marvel/disney to build to it, they will wanna get fans into this as quickly as possible

infact WB are almost rushing it with justice league too

but to say that means webb already knew which villains he would be using? green goblin will unlikely be the only villain in TASM3 because that wouldn't be good enough and truth is if Sony or one of the producers said marc the fans wanna see the sinister 6 and we want you to do it then marc will likely do it, and i will say this... why wouldn't he? given the chance to do it why wouldn't he?

and yeah they already announced plans for venom its sounds like they are already making plans to me

Never said the Green Goblin would be the only villain in TASM3. Rhino will more than likely come back, and we could get an extra side-villain: vulture or Doc Ock are possibilities as they would help lead up to the S6 movie.

But if they had a trilogy mapped out, suddenly changing the third film to being about the S6 would really be going in a different direction. What would be the point of having them in TASM3 and then doing a S6 spin-off? Its pointless. I'm 99% sure that its not happening, and that the Sinister Six is coming AFTER the third spider-man movie.

Never said the Green Goblin would be the only villain in TASM3. Rhino will more than likely come back, and we could get an extra side-villain: vulture or Doc Ock are possibilities as they would help lead up to the S6 movie.

But if they had a trilogy mapped out, suddenly changing the third film to being about the S6 would really be going in a different direction. What would be the point of having them in TASM3 and then doing a S6 spin-off? Its pointless. I'm 99% sure that its not happening, and that the Sinister Six is coming AFTER the third spider-man movie.

how much of the trilogy is mapped out? and at what point did they map it out is the question? marc would only have a basic idea about the parents plot and even then that may have changed when the new writers came onboard, and its doubtful marc had every step planned out since TASM

say if they sat down before starting TASM2 and said the avengers did well so this gives us an idea for a big spiderman universe but where do we start? and someone said why don't we introduce sinister 6 and make that the last part of the trilogy then technically thats gonna part of the plan

from a fans point of view it makes sense to wait till they are introduced first but like i said i doubt sony cares, i mean its possible it could be the 4th but are sony gonna wait till gone 2018 to do venom? hmm.. i really don't think they will, i really think it will all depend if gwen dies this film

Last edited:
If they wanted to have the 6 formed properly by the 3rd movie they should have had a different villain in TASM along with a side villain. Then, 4 villains would be established by the end of TASM 2 (possibly more) and TASM 3 could justify the 6 assembling.

If they wanted to have the 6 formed properly by the 3rd movie they should have had a different villain in TASM along with a side villain. Then, 4 villains would be established by the end of TASM 2 (possibly more) and TASM 3 could justify the 6 assembling.

i kinda get the idea they hadn't planned out anything when they did TASM, i doubt they even knew fully where they were going with the parents plot, esp when you look at all the cuts that were made and changed scenes ect ect

what if they make richard parker create the cancer suit? after all norman is dying, so there would be an obvious connection to make it work

there is nothing stopping them introducing doc ock,vulture and someone else (if they ain't introduced in TASM2 in cameos) in a 3rd film, its not the popular choice but it can be done, WB will have the same issue when they do justice league

i hope if it is the 3rd film people give it a chance rather then moan and complain, i mean i once thought it would be in a 4th but after hearing the 2 announcements i'm moving slightly more towards it being in a 3rd film :/

Last edited:
Yeah. Imagine the Avengers coming out, and the whole film is just the characters teaming without any big, EPIC final battle? There would have been no payoff.

I think the point of the Sinister Six is to show things from the perspective of the villains, show why they HATE Spider-Man, perhaps even root for them, and lead into a big SHOWDOWN. Nothing we've heard suggests that Spider-Man would be excluded from the film.

The Venom film could possibly have nothing to do with Spider-Man, but that's a whole different story.

:up: it's a contrast from The Avengers that's for sure.

i'm not sure they want the audience routing for the villains really, at least in the VS spider-man fight

If done right they aren't rushing the Sinister Six. My bigger worry is rushing Venom. If they force Venom to be one of the Six it kind of ruins the whole Venom storyline. That's my fear.

Imagine Venom as just some random guy with a black symbiote. Sure, it could be done to look way better than what we were given in Spiderman 3, but just imagine:

- No Eddie Brock
- No Peter having the symbiote first
- No connection between Peter and either the symbiote or the host

If they want to have a Venom spin off prior to TASM4 then he'll have to be forced in TASM3 as one of the S6. What a shame if that happens as they could use Venom as the main villain in TASM4 setting up an amazing TASM5 which would be a take on the Maximum Carnage story where Spidey and Venom team-up.

Also, my main argument for S6 in TASM3 is we know Rhino is coming back in TASM3. I was arguing that the Sinister Six would be in TASM3 for a long time, and now we have Vulture's wings and Ock's arms. Yup, S6 in TASM3 is happening...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"