The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Anyone else worried about Sony rushing the Sinister Six?

how much of the trilogy is mapped out? and at what point did they map it out is the question? marc would only have a basic idea about the parents plot and even then that may have changed when the new writers came onboard, and its doubtful marc had every step planned out since TASM

say if they sat down before starting TASM2 and said the avengers did well so this gives us an idea for a big spiderman universe but where do we start? and someone said why don't we introduce sinister 6 and make that the last part of the trilogy then technically thats gonna part of the plan

from a fans point of view it makes sense to wait till they are introduced first but like i said i doubt sony cares, i mean its possible it could be the 4th but are sony gonna wait till gone 2018 to do venom? hmm.. i really don't think they will, i really think it will all depend if gwen dies this film

They had the series mapped out, but left certain things open purposely to be resolved over multiple films. Now of course they don't know EXACTLY what will occur in each film, but there had to be a general idea for where the series would go. I'm sure when the idea was pitched, they knew what direction they would go with the parents, who the man in the shadows was going to be, and so on. Doesn't mean there isn't room for changes, as they are able to plant seeds for the Sinister Six in TASM2 & 3, but if the whole point was to lead to the Green Goblin, then that's probably what will happen with TASM3. I sincerely doubt the Sinister Six is coming in TASM3.

If done right they aren't rushing the Sinister Six. My bigger worry is rushing Venom. If they force Venom to be one of the Six it kind of ruins the whole Venom storyline. That's my fear.

Imagine Venom as just some random guy with a black symbiote. Sure, it could be done to look way better than what we were given in Spiderman 3, but just imagine:

- No Eddie Brock
- No Peter having the symbiote first
- No connection between Peter and either the symbiote or the host

If they want to have a Venom spin off prior to TASM4 then he'll have to be forced in TASM3 as one of the S6. What a shame if that happens as they could use Venom as the main villain in TASM4 setting up an amazing TASM5 which would be a take on the Maximum Carnage story where Spidey and Venom team-up.

Also, my main argument for S6 in TASM3 is we know Rhino is coming back in TASM3. I was arguing that the Sinister Six would be in TASM3 for a long time, and now we have Vulture's wings and Ock's arms. Yup, S6 in TASM3 is happening...

So you believe that the S6 is coming in TASM3 yet you think Venom is being rushed? I doubt its going to be a "random guy" wearing a black suit. And just because Giamatti is coming back for the third one doesn't mean he won't come back for the S6 movie. He probably signed his contract long before a S6 movie was even decided.

Well said, Picard.
Thank you. :up:

I guess in the long run, whatever happens…. happens. All of what I am saying is of course speculation. None of us really know about what is going on behind closed doors.

Thank you. :up:

I guess in the long run, whatever happens…. happens. All of what I am saying is of course speculation. None of us really know about what is going on behind closed doors.

Yup. It's up to the cast and crew to make it good, regardless of the choices they make with the material.

I think we have a great cast and a fantastic director. Its really up to the writers at this point to make these movies great IMO.

So you believe that the S6 is coming in TASM3 yet you think Venom is being rushed? I doubt its going to be a "random guy" wearing a black suit. And just because Giamatti is coming back for the third one doesn't mean he won't come back for the S6 movie. He probably signed his contract long before a S6 movie was even decided.

Maybe you're not understanding what I'm saying about my concerns with Venom.

I'm saying simply this:

1. Venom is one of Spiderman's best villains, IMO. The Eddie Brock storyline is epic and the fact that Peter had the symbiote first, disproved Brock's Sin-Eater story, causing Brock to be fired and have issues in his life, leading to a hate that ended up being shared by the symbiote, causing the creation of Venom, was amazing.

2. Not using Venom as a main villain for Spiderman would be a huge waste. It was done very poorly in Spiderman 3 and this is a chance to do it right.

3. If done right it could lead to an amazing future team-up between Spiderman and Venom where they must take down Carnage. The Maximum Carnage story is amazing!

4. If Venom will be featured as a main villain or team-up character, based on the current plans, TASM4 makes the most sense. But for that to happen he will need to be introduced sooner. If they put him in the SInister Six in TASM3 then he'll be established, but that won't give them a lot of time to give him the Brock backstory.

So in my opinion, if they don't go with the Eddie Brock backstory then they are rushing Venom, and that would be bad.

What I don't get is how you can't grasp that the Sinister Six, a group of villains brought together by Oscorp/Norman for the next movie doesn't make sense. Everything we're seeing is setting this up. Yes, maybe they'll hold off until TASM4, but then I have to ask you this...

What will TASM3 be about, if not the Sinister Six?

Are you saying they'll resolve Norman's story by TASM3?

Are you saying that after Electro, Rhino and Harry-Goblin they'll have an inbetween movie before Sinister Six? And if so, who will the villain be?

Can't you see that if Harry gets away (which I believe he will) he'll be ready to be part of the Sinister Six, as will Rhino?

Add in Doc Ock (who will be introduced in TASM2 - I believe) and Vuluture, and you're almost there.

Depending on how they do it the Six could be ready by TASM3 and would be amazing.

Mind you I can see them possibly holding off until TASM4 for the Sinister Six, but then there is a huge question mark for TASM3.

If Rhino and Harry will be back, then they're story will need to be resolved in TASM3. They won't have any repeating villains in three consecutive movies. That means they wouldn't be in TASM4. That's unlikely IMO. It's hard for me to believe that Rhino and Harry (if he gets away) won't be back in TASM3.

Maybe they could make TASM3 about revenge against Harry, but who will the other villains be? With everything building towards the Sinister Six, having some lesser threat in between will be a real let down.

That's all I'm saying!

its very possible they could wait till the 4th, but with plans for venom and sinister 6 already announced and having decided whose writing them they must have it planned out where they are coming into this, either venom won't show up in a spider-man movie till maybe after his solo or i can see him appearing by 2018

i still wonder if there will be a big connection to the black suit with peters parents made in TASM2, very curious infact

and this can't be compared too MCU because they have 2 films a year with different casts leading up to their big show down, WB are also gonna have the same issue as Sony with introducing several characters in justice league without giving them an introduction before hand

Between the different writers, directors, etc., I just hope for minimal plot holes.

Maybe you're not understanding what I'm saying about my concerns with Venom.

I'm saying simply this:

1. Venom is one of Spiderman's best villains, IMO. The Eddie Brock storyline is epic and the fact that Peter had the symbiote first, disproved Brock's Sin-Eater story, causing Brock to be fired and have issues in his life, leading to a hate that ended up being shared by the symbiote, causing the creation of Venom, was amazing.

2. Not using Venom as a main villain for Spiderman would be a huge waste. It was done very poorly in Spiderman 3 and this is a chance to do it right.

3. If done right it could lead to an amazing future team-up between Spiderman and Venom where they must take down Carnage. The Maximum Carnage story is amazing!

4. If Venom will be featured as a main villain or team-up character, based on the current plans, TASM4 makes the most sense. But for that to happen he will need to be introduced sooner. If they put him in the SInister Six in TASM3 then he'll be established, but that won't give them a lot of time to give him the Brock backstory.

I'm sorry, but why would they need to put Venom in TASM3 and make him a member of the Sinister Six? There are other ways to establish the character and well-develop him.

They could introduce Eddie Brock as a character in TASM3, but just as Eddie Brock… NO VENOM. He could be a featured character in the Sinister Six film as well, but NOT as Venom.

Then when the time comes, he could transform into Venom in TASM4.

I'm sorry, but putting the S6 in TASM3 is just a bad idea. It could theoretically work, but it would be incredibly risky.

If they go the route of Ultimate Spider-Man, which they are wherever Raimi didn't, Doc Ock won't have very much character development. He'll probably just be introduced in the film prior to the SS movie where he uses the arms to help with experiments, and then he gets in a horrible accident that is somehow caused by Spidey that knocks him out. He wakes up in the next film and helps SS. Calling it now.

Not that I WANT this to happen - I just wouldn't mind if it did, and I could see them doing this.

Doc Ock originally didn't have much character development. He was just a got who got into an accident and became a villain. Later on he became the "Master Planner."

Doc Ock originally didn't have much character development. He was just a got who got into an accident and became a villain. Later on he became the "Master Planner."

Yeah, they kind of retroactively developed his character in the 616 universe. He was a total *****e. lol I liked learning about it, though. Not as interesting as how they handled Norman, but interesting nevertheless.

Well, Norman is #1 in my opinion, but Doc Ock is a close second in my book. Ah, Spider-Man has so many great villains. :D

Well, Norman is #1 in my opinion, but Doc Ock is a close second in my book. Ah, Spider-Man has so many great villains. :D

He really does. I like his Rogues Gallery even more than Batman's.

While Norman is my all time favorite villain, my second and third spots aren't really Spidey villains (Doctor Doom and Magneto respectively). But there are a lot of them in my top ten, including Doc Ock.

The only Batman villain I really care about is the Joker. He has other great ones, too, but I wouldn't cry if I never saw them on screen or in comic books again.

I'm not a big fan of all this expanded universe bollocks in this franchise. Especially 2 films. If Spidey has the symbiote in #3 and passes it to Brock or whoever, then I think the S6 film should also be the Venom film with him being hunted by the 6 because Norman or Ock want the symbiote.

It's just Sony being greedy. Some of it will be due to Marvel's popular universe, but I honestly believe it's steps for the franchise to just keep going and churning them out without having to reboot after all the fuss it caused with this new franchise.

You all know I'm fairly positive, but not in this case.

I think if critics think this film is too crowded, they will hate the S6.

I personally think the S6 movie will take place in the same timeframe as TASM2. Or at least part of it will be. I picture the first Act of S6 taking place at Ravencroft while the events of TASM2 happen only Ock and Vulture will be introduced and the construction of the Rhino suit is shown, then in the second act Spidey fights Rhino like he did at the end of TASM2, Third act deals with Electro being revealed to be alive, as well as coming to a resolution on what will happen with Harry and Norman. The big ending will be revealing who the Man in Shadows will be. I expect the action beats to be the only time we see Spidey with maybe some offhanded comments about him from characters, tv reports in the background, etc.

At least that's how I think it should be handled.

I'm not a big fan of all this expanded universe bollocks in this franchise. Especially 2 films. If Spidey has the symbiote in #3 and passes it to Brock or whoever, then I think the S6 film should also be the Venom film with him being hunted by the 6 because Norman or Ock want the symbiote.

It's just Sony being greedy. Some of it will be due to Marvel's popular universe, but I honestly believe it's steps for the franchise to just keep going and churning them out without having to reboot after all the fuss it caused with this new franchise.

You all know I'm fairly positive, but not in this case.

I don't know man....

I think Sin six could work to explain how they form together and as opposed to rushing the narrative in the regular Amazing Spiderman universe. I was actually hoping that they would do a Sin Six movie or short film before 3 came out but that isn't the case. I was told a few insider details about were they wanted the films to go and it looks like they might be changing.

Honestly I think it will go this way.

ASM3 - perhaps with Symbiote - honestly I wouldn't care if they did the symbiote again because they could fix what SM3 ruined. I would like to see a more classic design this time around. Tbh I don't know where they are going to fit Spidey getting the suit other than 3 or in Venom which I'm not a fan of. I think Venom should be after he sheds the suit. Introduction of Eddie Brock and the complete ending of the Goblin Saga.(Pete vs Norman-Goblin),and the introduction of Mysterio and J Jonah Jameson and the bugle.

Sin Six - should be their formation and they fight Spidey perhaps with the black suit. But my only gripe with that is what happens at the end? Do they win? Does Spidey die? Please DO NOT kill Peter Parker! Pete loses the suit....

Venom - Eddie Brock was already introduced and is out to kill Spidey.

ASM4 - not sure....

Most of the villains when they were first introduced in Stan Lee's day didn't have much development. They got the bare bones of a back story and became villains in one issue, and were defeated at the end of that issue.

Over the years writers added the layers to these characters.

They were building towards Green Goblin/Gwen's death with the easter eggs in TASM and breaking the promise... Now they can't stop talking about the S6.
"How would you like Spidey in the Avengers?"
Foxx:"that would be cool but yea the S6 are cool"

Wasn't even related to the topic lol.

If it works, it works. We can only judge it by what we know, and that's very little. We don't know when it'll come out, who will be in the film, what it will be about, etc. It's nice knowing that Drew Goddard will be writing and directing it, so we'll get a Spider-Man film made with fresh talent.

First thing I say is that I do think Drew Goddard is talented, knows lots of good people he can go to for advice (coughWHEDONcough) and think it was a great pickup by the Sony brass.

But.

This whole Spider-Man Cinematic Universe thing is kind of insane. And so blatantly stretching the property thin so they can try to copy Marvel. I mean this thing happens all the time in pop culture...something breaks the mold, makes a ton of money, and copycats follow. But it's almost always diminishing returns, and sometimes just pathetic.

Spider-Man is the character, perhaps more than any other superhero, known for existing in his own little world in the comics. Much more than even Batman who people think of as the ultimate loner badass. Batman has a whole cadre of allies in Gotham.

Spider-Man is the ultimate loner. His one consistent ally is Black Cat, who if and when she eventually shows up in a movie is not compared derogatorily to Catwoman in every single critic's review, I would be shocked.

After that it's The Prowler (creepy name)...and then it gets even worse. Rocket Racer, Will O The Wisp, Morbius, Cardiac...Spidey doesn't have a whole ton of allies they can bring in to the films to expand.

So that leaves them with the bad guys. So they're kinda stuck having to develop villain-centric films.

But how to make such a film work...baffles me.

The whole point of the Sinister Six is that they are the biggest threat Peter can ever face. This is a team that, since their first appearance in 1964 in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1, has appeared a total of, literally, six times in the comics.

Again - there have only been 6 story-lines, ever, in 50 years, where the Sinister Six were the principle antagonist.

And yet there has been trilogy of novels staring the team, they've appeared on Broadway, at least 3 video games, and they're a staple of each cartoon series since the 90s.

So the idea obviously has power. And is unique among the big three solo heroes (Batman villains team up but don't have a "team", ditto for Superman).

So the way I see it there are only a few approaches to doing a movie called "SINISTER SIX" :

1. It's just another Spider-Man film, but happens to be called the Sinister Six. So all the Peter Parker drama, supporting cast, etc...just the big bad is this team of bad guys. But that's not what this seems to be. There would have been more of a sense that Goddard was being handed the reins to the franchise. This is clearly more a sidequel than sequel.

2. A gathering the team together. Some bad guy - Norman, Harry, someone we haven't seen, spends the film putting together this squad of baddies to go after Spider-Man. Kind of a 2 hour version of the first 30 minutes of Oceans 11. I mean...this sounds kinda plausible. But not very much like a movie. Just awkward groundwork for the eventual installment of the main Spider-Man series. Blegh

3. A full on bad guy version of Ocean's 11. So putting the team together and pulling off some heist or Prison breakout. Would seem like the most plausible. It could work but you have problem of having the audience, at some point, rooting for the very villains that we'll want Spider-Man to defeat the next film.

4. Spider-Man is taken over by symbiote, barely talks, and is destroying criminals in a violent and unacceptable way. The Sinister Six have to unite to take down this dark, stalking, silent, scary version of Spider-Man. We want the Six to win so the black suit will be defeated. Allows Spider-Man to appear without having to have Garfield in the suit - as he could be played by anyone under there. (This could kinda work for me. Seems like a good way to make us root for the Sinister Six because we want Peter to be saved from himself.

So yeah, there are ways in, but it's tough. And if it's not anchored by a really charismatic villain (introduced in TASM 3 I guess) I don't know how easy it will be to bring in a big crowd.

Let me also just add, the two characters that make the most sense to me to bring in are Kraven and Mysterio. Kraven would allow for a more down to earth fight, not a CGI fest, and Mysterio could be so awesome to see in a movie. Given his whole thing is special effects....a filmmaker could have a lot of fun with that. Also, they're two of the original six.

I honest didn't even bother reading the whole thing. You're jumping to conclusions and making too many assumptions. Just calm down there, buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"