Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom General Discussion thread

I mean even though Arthur is king and won the throne from his brother Orm...I mean do you really just expect Orm to just give up the throne? I mean in the first film we saw the Atlantean royal guards take Orm away but if Orm is in prison much like Loki was after the events of The Avengers and then he was there for Thor: The Dark World, he was let out of prison more or less by Thor. So if Arthur decides to take pity on his brother and lets him out of prison what is to stop Orm from turning on Arthur again and wanting the throne again for himself?
Orm does seem like he would be a constant threat like Loki.

Since this thread is more active, I'll post this here. (I posted this in the Aquaman forum.)

Julie Andrews talks briefly about her role voicing Karathen in the Aquaman movie (at 1:20) :

I hope Julie comes back for Aquaman 2

Same, she was just superb and really gave the movie gravitas.

what about new characters? Which new characters should appear?

what about new characters? Which new characters should appear?

I would like to know more about the other kingdoms and get to know characters in them e.g. the Fishermen. Would also like to see more of the other citizens of Atlantis. We didn't really get too much of that in A1.

Maybe introduce some younger characters like Garth and Dolphin. And underwater villains like King Shark, possibly recruited by Black Manta.

King shark would be so amazing. I would also love to see Mera’s sister Siren

I think the film will be really heavy on environment protection themes etc. Jason is super passionate about this and he has creative imput on the sequel

Some of the critics gave the first one negative reviews because the film didn't have enough of this so I wonder what these morons' excuse will be this time lol

I can see the environment being a major theme and Jason's enthusiasm pushing that to the forefront. It would actually be great to see different countries, cultures and environments related to that.

I would want the sequel to be much more serious. Like not like a realistic film but I'm hoping James goes more Furious 7 than Aquaman 1.

Environmental issues and Arthur's Polynesian heritage are something I hope they show more of. My main wish is for this movie to showcase Black Manta as an iconic villain on par of Lex Luthor and Joker to the general audience.

I wouldn't mind them turn Black Manta into a terrorist threat for Atlantis. Obviously going through with that in a superhero film unlike the twist of Iron Man 3.

I would like to know more about the other kingdoms and get to know characters in them e.g. the Fishermen. Would also like to see more of the other citizens of Atlantis. We didn't really get too much of that in A1.

Maybe introduce some younger characters like Garth and Dolphin. And underwater villains like King Shark, possibly recruited by Black Manta.

Isn't King Shark reportedly going to be in The Suicide Squad?

Isn't King Shark reportedly going to be in The Suicide Squad?
Yes he is. I was wondering about whether he could be in both. It all depends on what they do with him in SS, whether he is introduced in SS and can keep going on A2. Or if it means he can no longer be used in A2.

I don’t see why they couldn’t use King Shark. He’s owned by the same company

I can see the environment being a major theme and Jason's enthusiasm pushing that to the forefront. It would actually be great to see different countries, cultures and environments related to that.

I would love to see more of an environmental theme. But I get people are very sensitive about that and they were probably worried the film would feel like lecturing.

but this is the era of a climate disaster and extinction rebellion. Maybe that’s the type of hero we need

Yeah people need lecturing on that. I think it would be very well received if this had strong environment theme and with Jason having a creative input I'm sure that's the case

I would love to see more of an environmental theme. But I get people are very sensitive about that and they were probably worried the film would feel like lecturing.

but this is the era of a climate disaster and extinction rebellion. Maybe that’s the type of hero we need
It is a sensitive topic but that's why it would be interesting. It doesn't have to be a hugely divisive political message movie but it could show the beauty of the environment, wanting to preserve it, showing the damage that can be done etc. It wouldn't be that controversial.

I really hope they will be smarter than Bond people. Apparently the villain in next Bond movie is eco-friendly. The last thing we need is framing people who want to preserve the environment as loons, this is literally the only upside of not having Poison Ivy in DCEU movies yet (I love Poison Ivy and I want to see her in movies).

Maybe they have Arthur work with people on the land together to do good for the environment. That would be a nice way to incorporate that theme into the movie

I really hope they will be smarter than Bond people. Apparently the villain in next Bond movie is eco-friendly. The last thing we need is framing people who want to preserve the environment as loons, this is literally the only upside of not having Poison Ivy in DCEU movies yet (I love Poison Ivy and I want to see her in movies).

Maybe they have Arthur work with people on the land together to do good for the environment. That would be a nice way to incorporate that theme into the movie
They could show modern developments threatening nature, corporations destroying pristine natural environments, habitat destruction...these are ongoing and real issues that go beyond debates about global warming. I mean, we even see it in Avatar. It can be tied back to (as mentioned above) Jason's Polynesian heritage, focusing on water and the tropics and things like dying reefs, pollution, indigenous culture's way of life in danger etc. Aquaman can certainly be shown doing positive things about that.

I hope they cast Siren for the sequel

Amber Heard could play her :oldrazz:

Jeannie-and-Her-Twin-Sister-i-dream-of-jeannie-6447055-400-313.jpg

images

yeah I’m a bit dissapointed about that Bond villain news. They’ve done stuff like that before. I hope they don’t do that or if they do they redo it. The whole “people trying to save the environment are worse than polluters” thing is so bad

I hope they cast Siren for the sequel

I can almost guarantee they’ll approach Emilia Clarke for the role

I really hope they will be smarter than Bond people. Apparently the villain in next Bond movie is eco-friendly.
Really ? It's like supporting people who say that Climate Change is not happening.
They could show modern developments threatening nature, corporations destroying pristine natural environments, habitat destruction...these are ongoing and real issues that go beyond debates about global warming. I mean, we even see it in Avatar.
Wasn't that the subject of Bond movie (Quantum of Solace) ?
I mean, we even see it in Avatar. It can be tied back to (as mentioned above) Jason's Polynesian heritage, focusing on water and the tropics and things like dying reefs, pollution, indigenous culture's way of life in danger etc. Aquaman can certainly be shown doing positive things about that.
That would be a great idea.

Wasn't that the subject of Bond movie (Quantum of Solace) ?
I ain't big into Bond but it sure don't sound like that franchise is putting the spin on it that Aquaman would. Aquaman can help not only the Altanteans but also the land-dwellers. He is the bridge. Also between the natural world and the human world.

Clarke as Siren would definitely be a good move. She is lovely, has talent, people like her and Jason and her promoting the film together would be so much fun

Emilia Clarke as Siren...I can see it especially with her and Momoa having worked together on Game of Thrones

Clarke is a bit generic though. Literally every movie has her in it these days

That's just false. She has one movie out this year.

Also I would not be opposed to them ditching Heard. Since the release of the movie there are so many troubling things that came to light and she is not a good actress. Her lack of chemistry and performance were the weakest things about the first movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"