Aquaman 2 General Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Aquaman 2' started by Silvermoth, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Willi Berg On The Run

Orm does seem like he would be a constant threat like Loki.

Since this thread is more active, I'll post this here. (I posted this in the Aquaman forum.)

Julie Andrews talks briefly about her role voicing Karathen in the Aquaman movie (at 1:20) :

2. Tg11 Registered

I hope Julie comes back for Aquaman 2

3. Silvermoth Avenger

Same, she was just superb and really gave the movie gravitas.

what about new characters? Which new characters should appear?

4. Willi Berg On The Run

I would like to know more about the other kingdoms and get to know characters in them e.g. the Fishermen. Would also like to see more of the other citizens of Atlantis. We didn't really get too much of that in A1.

Maybe introduce some younger characters like Garth and Dolphin. And underwater villains like King Shark, possibly recruited by Black Manta.

5. Silvermoth Avenger

King shark would be so amazing. I would also love to see Mera’s sister Siren

6. harlequinade Superb Owl

I think the film will be really heavy on environment protection themes etc. Jason is super passionate about this and he has creative imput on the sequel

Some of the critics gave the first one negative reviews because the film didn't have enough of this so I wonder what these morons' excuse will be this time lol

7. Willi Berg On The Run

I can see the environment being a major theme and Jason's enthusiasm pushing that to the forefront. It would actually be great to see different countries, cultures and environments related to that.

Silvermoth likes this.
  8. BMCAABY Registered

I would want the sequel to be much more serious. Like not like a realistic film but I'm hoping James goes more Furious 7 than Aquaman 1.

Environmental issues and Arthur's Polynesian heritage are something I hope they show more of. My main wish is for this movie to showcase Black Manta as an iconic villain on par of Lex Luthor and Joker to the general audience.

I wouldn't mind them turn Black Manta into a terrorist threat for Atlantis. Obviously going through with that in a superhero film unlike the twist of Iron Man 3.

Willi Berg likes this.
  9. NotNickFury Registered

Isn't King Shark reportedly going to be in The Suicide Squad?

10. Willi Berg On The Run

Yes he is. I was wondering about whether he could be in both. It all depends on what they do with him in SS, whether he is introduced in SS and can keep going on A2. Or if it means he can no longer be used in A2.

11. Silvermoth Avenger

I don’t see why they couldn’t use King Shark. He’s owned by the same company

I would love to see more of an environmental theme. But I get people are very sensitive about that and they were probably worried the film would feel like lecturing.

but this is the era of a climate disaster and extinction rebellion. Maybe that’s the type of hero we need

harlequinade likes this.
  12. harlequinade Superb Owl

Yeah people need lecturing on that. I think it would be very well received if this had strong environment theme and with Jason having a creative input I'm sure that's the case

13. Willi Berg On The Run

It is a sensitive topic but that's why it would be interesting. It doesn't have to be a hugely divisive political message movie but it could show the beauty of the environment, wanting to preserve it, showing the damage that can be done etc. It wouldn't be that controversial.

14. harlequinade Superb Owl

I really hope they will be smarter than Bond people. Apparently the villain in next Bond movie is eco-friendly. The last thing we need is framing people who want to preserve the environment as loons, this is literally the only upside of not having Poison Ivy in DCEU movies yet (I love Poison Ivy and I want to see her in movies).

Maybe they have Arthur work with people on the land together to do good for the environment. That would be a nice way to incorporate that theme into the movie

15. Willi Berg On The Run

They could show modern developments threatening nature, corporations destroying pristine natural environments, habitat destruction...these are ongoing and real issues that go beyond debates about global warming. I mean, we even see it in Avatar. It can be tied back to (as mentioned above) Jason's Polynesian heritage, focusing on water and the tropics and things like dying reefs, pollution, indigenous culture's way of life in danger etc. Aquaman can certainly be shown doing positive things about that.

16. Tg11 Registered

I hope they cast Siren for the sequel

17. Willi Berg On The Run

Amber Heard could play her :oldrazz:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Silvermoth Avenger

yeah I’m a bit dissapointed about that Bond villain news. They’ve done stuff like that before. I hope they don’t do that or if they do they redo it. The whole “people trying to save the environment are worse than polluters” thing is so bad

I can almost guarantee they’ll approach Emilia Clarke for the role

harlequinade likes this.
  19. Micromind New World New Rules

Really ? It's like supporting people who say that Climate Change is not happening.
    Wasn't that the subject of Bond movie (Quantum of Solace) ?
    That would be a great idea.

20. Willi Berg On The Run

I ain't big into Bond but it sure don't sound like that franchise is putting the spin on it that Aquaman would. Aquaman can help not only the Altanteans but also the land-dwellers. He is the bridge. Also between the natural world and the human world.

Micromind likes this.
  21. harlequinade Superb Owl

Clarke as Siren would definitely be a good move. She is lovely, has talent, people like her and Jason and her promoting the film together would be so much fun

22. Tg11 Registered

Emilia Clarke as Siren...I can see it especially with her and Momoa having worked together on Game of Thrones

23. DJD1983 Registered

24. Silvermoth Avenger

Clarke is a bit generic though. Literally every movie has her in it these days

25. harlequinade Superb Owl

That's just false. She has one movie out this year.

Also I would not be opposed to them ditching Heard. Since the release of the movie there are so many troubling things that came to light and she is not a good actress. Her lack of chemistry and performance were the weakest things about the first movie.