Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom General Discussion thread

They’re not ditching someone who has recently survived domestic abuse. That would be a really bad look.

I loved her as mera! Can’t wait for more. I just want to see her kick ass.

who mentioned avatar before? I’m actually just watching the series now and I love the idea of covering it with that cool kind of spiritual environmentalism. It’s also interesting that recently a survey came out that said straight men don’t want to help with environmentalism because they’re afraid it will make them look “gay”. Maybe if they do it right they could help make it look badass and that might really help things!

That's just false. She has one movie out this year.

Also I would not be opposed to them ditching Heard. Since the release of the movie there are so many troubling things that came to light and she is not a good actress. Her lack of chemistry and performance were the weakest things about the first movie.

Heard is decent enough, if we talk about Clarke coming into the movie and ditching heard...we wouldnt really change it for the better, clarke is slightly less limited as an actress than heard, but still not someone that is really strong.

Havent seen many people talk about lack of chemistry in the movie, thats new to me...i thought it worked well enough to move the movie along.

They will not ditch her because of the private stuff, because that is way too complicated at this point.
If they fire her and the truth comes out to be her being a victim, it looks bad for WB.
If they keep her and it comes out she is the abuser, it also looks bad...they literally can not move at all, but firing her would be the worse look for them.

Depp is out there winning every lawsuit and the trial with Heard is in February. I really can't see this going well for her, it's a true mess and it looks to me that even if Depp was violent she was too, there's even a court transcript of her admitting to lying. These two are toxic as hell, as was that relationship and when this goes to trial both will look even worse than they are now. They can fire her over something else like they did with so many people before. Of course she will still say the truth and break any NDA she would sign lol

My chief complaint though is that she just wasn't as good as other actors in first movie.Clarke is a very good actress. She managed to be phenomenal in season 8 working with such a mess of a script

The dialogue is too damn cheesy to take Heard and Momoa seriously. Both are fine together IMO, but Wan really needs to minimize all the corny and grating interactions. Stick to mega fights and add some layers of subtle environmental messages.

The dialogue is too damn cheesy to take Heard and Momoa seriously. Both are fine together IMO, but Wan really needs to minimize all the corny and grating interactions. Stick to mega fights and add some layers of subtle environmental messages.

It'd be nice to see them matured in the next movie. They would be, as Arthur is now King with more responsibilities.

It would be fun to build up the aqua family a bit

It would be fun to build up the aqua family a bit

h8376311F

That is a bit terrifying haha.

but aquababy would be cute. They could bring back topo as a babysitter

Patrick Wilson On What He Knows About James Wan's 'Aquaman 2'

Patrick Wilson, whom portrayed the original film’s primary antagonist King Orm/Ocean Master was interviewed by The Hollywood Reporter for his new film Midway. During the interview, Patrick Wilson reveals that he has been “briefed” by James Wan on Aquaman 2 and even has a few ideas for his character that he would like to see come into fruition:

“(Laughs.) Yeah! I’m slightly briefed. Of course, I want to know everything, but I also have a great respect for him and the process to know that I’m okay staying out of it until it’s late in the game. Sometimes, there’s so much information that I don’t ask because I don’t want to know, and I don’t want him to go, ‘I can’t tell you that yet.’ I just throw a little dart here and there. I’ll say, ‘So, what about this?’ and he’ll say, ‘Well, this is what I’m thinking.’ But, we talk a lot. It’s funny, when I think about the answers that I gave you at the beginning of this and always pushing myself forward, even in the same genre, that’s James to a t. I can tell you that even his concepts for Aquaman 2 are pushing it even further. Whatever that means. I have a few ideas of where Orm fits in, but I’m not gonna talk about them.”

The breaks between sequels are getting way too long :/

It really does, especially considering that the initial scene shooting often only takes 3-4 months or so.
I could do with 3-4 movies every year but its not that simple, VFX is very expensive and takes a long time.
Makes me wonder if more focus on Practical effects would make this all a bit "faster".

Pretty hard to do that though. Filming with water, even today, is super hard

Unless it's on wires on blue/green screens. Still challenging, not as.

I hope they come back to film in Queensland. There’s still a lot of stunning vistas to show off there

Can't wait to see the King of the sea Aquaman 2.:yay:

Heard needs to be removed from Aquaman 2, especially with the recent audio released.

Johnny Depp lost a few roles based on her accusation alone. She should be removed and recast.

They’re not ditching someone who has recently survived domestic abuse. That would be a really bad look.

I loved her as mera! Can’t wait for more. I just want to see her kick ass.

who mentioned avatar before? I’m actually just watching the series now and I love the idea of covering it with that cool kind of spiritual environmentalism. It’s also interesting that recently a survey came out that said straight men don’t want to help with environmentalism because they’re afraid it will make them look “gay”. Maybe if they do it right they could help make it look badass and that might really help things!

With recent audio release, Heard needs to be sacked.

Heard needs to be removed from Aquaman 2, especially with the recent audio released.

Johnny Depp lost a few roles based on her accusation alone. She should be removed and recast.

What roles?

What roles?

My mistake. With all the recent revelations, I did not do my own due diligence and could only find his removal from Pirates (which may or may not be linked) and the barage of hate he and JK Rowling got for his casting in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

But I stand by my view. An abuser should be punished. I think Heard should be sacked and replaced, just as if Depp was the abuser, he should lose his roles too.

My mistake. With all the recent revelations, I did not do my own due diligence and could only find his removal from Pirates (which may or may not be linked) and the barage of hate he and JK Rowling got for his casting in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

But I stand by my view. An abuser should be punished. I think Heard should be sacked and replaced, just as if Depp was the abuser, he should lose his roles too.

As far as we know about Pirates, if that even happens, Disney is rebooting the franchise. Therefore, there'd be no reason to bring back anyone from the past installment, whether it's Deep, Bloom, Knightley, or anyone involved. So we don't know who, if at all, will be in the new Pirates.

The notion that Depp was removed from it for any reason is pure speculation when a. we don't know how far Disney is involved with development of that franchise, and b. if they are indeed rebooting, there's no reason to bring Depp back in the first place. If they're going to restart the franchise, they're obviously going to get new actors. Unless they do a Star Trek IX and try to connect it to the older franchise, they're starting from scratch. Plus, WB still has Depp in for Fantastic Beasts 3, so clearly he hasn't been hindered from appearing in a big franchise film.

As far as we know about Pirates, if that even happens, Disney is rebooting the franchise. Therefore, there'd be no reason to bring back anyone from the past installment, whether it's Deep, Bloom, Knightley, or anyone involved. So we don't know who, if at all, will be in the new Pirates.

The notion that Depp was removed from it for any reason is pure speculation when a. we don't know how far Disney is involved with development of that franchise, and b. if they are indeed rebooting, there's no reason to bring Depp back in the first place.

I agree. It is pure speculation. Odd choice though considering many express that the character of Jack Sparrow is the best thing about it and its timing. But again, I concede, pure speculation.

BUT, I stand by the view that abusers, when caught out, should be removed.

‘Remove Amber Heard from Aquaman 2’

More than 110,000 people have signed a Change.org petition calling for Amber Heard to be removed from Aquaman 2 after she admitted “hitting” ex-husband Johnny Depp in leaked audio.

“As Amber Heard is a known and proven domestic abuser, Warner Brothers and DC Entertainment should and must remove Heard from their Aquaman 2 film project,” petition creator Jeanne Larson wrote.

“They must not ignore the suffering of Heard’s victims and must not glamorise a domestic abuser. Men are victims of domestic abuse, just like women. This must be recognised, and action must be taken to prevent a known abuser from being celebrated within the entertainment industry.”

Heard is locked in a complex legal battle with Depp, who last year launched a $US50 million defamation suit against her for implying in a Washington Post opinion piece that he had abused her during their toxic 18-month marriage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"