Aquaman Spoilers Thread (just in case ;) - please don’t enter if you don’t want to be spoiled)

I loved this film! James wan delivered on all fronts and made one of the most visually gorgeous films ive seen in a while. And my god, that trench scene was so james wan!!

This sequence was amazing.

tumblr_pige1jbAHs1qgfbkmo5_500.gif

#TeamOceanMaster

I think the best word to describe this movie would be "Awesome" It has a few faults or problems, but I had a blast. It was nice to have a lighthearted and fun DC film

A person at Reddit actually managed to remember some of Arthur vs Orm Ring of Fire stats.

'During the ring of fire battle, under ocean master i saw the following
king of atlantis
warrior
coral heart medal of valor
5x undefeated champion
For aquaman under cons it says:
surface dweler- half breed- drunk'

It seems that Arthur doesn't have any pro at all. :funny:

I think the thing is that this movie embraces the concept of its pulp DC roots. You kinda have to do that when it comes to these golden age characters.

I think the thing is that this movie embraces the concept of its pulp DC roots. You kinda have to do that when it comes to these golden age characters.

Yes, I agree. It was the most appealing thing about the movie to me.

Went in with low expectations and wasn't too excited but this was just awesome. I loved it and I think it's the 2nd best CBM of the year (live action) only behind Infinity War

Same here. I went in just thinking it was going to be fun and entertaining, nothing much else. and left feeling like I had just seen Star Wars for the first time. The only other movies like this to do that to me are Force Awakens and Guardians of the Galaxy 1.

It cemented James Wan as a directing virtuoso, to nail both the horror genre and sci-fi action/adventure genre like he did - that takes talent.

As said in B.O. forum, I can see this film having very strong leg power and perhaps growing each week due to strong word of mouth. What they pulled off - it’s going to surprise a lot of people.

A person at Reddit actually managed to remember some of Arthur vs Orm Ring of Fire stats.

'During the ring of fire battle, under ocean master i saw the following
king of atlantis
warrior
coral heart medal of valor
5x undefeated champion
For aquaman under cons it says:
surface dweler- half breed- drunk'

It seems that Arthur doesn't have any pro at all. :funny:
I kinda wonder if Arthur will occasionally make trips to the surface in the sequel just to get some Guinness.

?????????

just cause someone said his name doesn't mean supes/bats/luthor/jonathon/martha etc. can't be rebooted
Never really got any vibes from Aquaman that the DCEU is being rebooted. There's even a direct reference to Man of Steel in Shazam.

I think he means that the characters themselves are being rebooted not the universe. (the universe isnt) I doubt that happens though recasting is gonna happen which is fine. In a couple years no one will care just like they dont care about The Hulk or Rhodey in Iron Man.

Just came back from Aquaman. It was pretty good, nothing too exceptional but very entertaining. The humor didn't click for me and the "core of the Earth" nonsense went so much past suspension of disbelief that it was laughable. The cgi was really good and all in all it's a really beautiful film. A bit too much cheese for me but very enjoyable. Action was amazing.

It was too long tho. Felt like three movies in one and I found myself wondering when is this going to end at one point.

Never really got any vibes from Aquaman that the DCEU is being rebooted. There's even a direct reference to Man of Steel in Shazam.

there's also a anabelle easter egg in aquaman, doesn't mean both universes are one, probably just something david wanted to show off online so he didn't get harassed from snyder bots but will just be in the background if you look really really closely

if it's true the rumor that the shazamily watch a report on tv about the zod fight then i'll concede but I think they're probably at least keeping aquaman/wonder woman in canon and at most man of steel, even though everyone knows superman's origin so why bother just bring Jonathon back and do him justice

The director of Shazam flat out said it is in the same universe as the rest of the films.

It totally embraced that. When appropriate, I always prefer films that really go for it with this kind of thing (even if they don’t succeed) than those that don’t try.

How were Orm and Manta? Do they put an end to the DCEU villain problem?

The director of Shazam flat out said it is in the same universe as the rest of the films.

I should've said "and every movie going forward" which would include shazam etc.

of course shazam is going to be in the same universe so far, no one is denying that

i'm just saying i think they'll probably only keep aquaman/wonder woman/shazam and other movies ahead in canon and retcon out/ignore SS/JL/MoS/BvS if future movies also go well

and if they don't go well they'll probably never do another justice league film

it's not something you announce now, you just wait and see how things go

but yeah cavill/affleck leaving would fit that mold

and if you think cavill will show up in shazam down the line then....good luck

i can't put it more simple than this, if you don't get what I mean then fine

No I get what you are saying...recasting. Superman exists in this universe it just won't be Cavill.

I didn't realize that they even twisted Arthur's face in evilish way. :fun:
This is a good peek at Atlantis culture. Highborns are worshipped like real life ancient times, they encourage xenophobia, military has accolades, sports are big deal, Xebel-Fu exist.

Also, they know what 'being drunk' is. Seaweed cocktail jelly for Arthur-Mera wedding!

How were Orm and Manta? Do they put an end to the DCEU villain problem?
I think they're great. Personally they're more inline with Zod.
Some people who aren't feeling this movie even said they have quite strong motivations or the movie made their reasons justified.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"