Aquaman Spoilers Thread (just in case ;) - please don’t enter if you don’t want to be spoiled)

I thought it was quite similar to Hiccup's mom in How to Train Your Dragon 2... spoilers for that film. :oldrazz:

It is similar to that, but to be fair, his mother going through a portal and being alive in dinosaur land is from the New 52 comics.

If Orm is against the surface world pollution couldn't he just take the trash back to land as he did at the beginning of the movie? Also stupid question how strong are those tridents?

While they might be able to get rid of plastic waste, that doesn't do anything about the chemicals in the oceans.
As long as the surface is pumping out greenhouse gases the oceans are going to continue to become more acid and rise in temperature, which is killing off coral reefs.

It is similar to that, but to be fair, his mother going through a portal and being alive in dinosaur land is from the New 52 comics.

Aha, didn't know that. Makes sense.

For those that asked in the other thread Steppenwolf is referenced by Mera when she first meets up with Arthur. Like full on name and everything.

Literally any rumor that existed that a reboot is coming is dead there is no way to make it work because Justice League happened like days before this film and is discussed.

?????????

just cause someone said his name doesn't mean supes/bats/luthor/jonathon/martha etc. can't be rebooted

?????????

just cause someone said his name doesn't mean supes/bats/luthor/jonathon/martha etc. can't be rebooted

Yes it does. They can be recast (like Hulk was) but you cannot reboot their stories. Justice League happened in canon, it can be ignored but not rebooted.

An they didnt just "say his name" Mera full on says "when you defeated Steppenwolf" it is blatantly obvious they are talking about Justice League.

I know some people around here are holding out hope...the dream is dead a reboot isnt coming.

Yes it does. They can be recast (like Hulk was) but you cannot reboot their stories. Justice League happened in canon, it can be ignored but not rebooted.

An they didnt just "say his name" Mera full on says "when you defeated Steppenwolf" it is blatantly obvious they are talking about Justice League.

I know some people around here are holding out hope...the dream is dead a reboot isnt coming.

it's called a retcon and you can just say JL isn't canon

like Gal saying they're ignoring the "I walked away for a century" line in BvS

they're probably going to reboot superman/batman and make WW the first film

feelsgoodman.gif

Decided to pop in here before seeing the movie and I'm very intrigued that Dinosaur Island is in this movie.

I'm going to see this movie on Friday, but one thing I'm wondering is if the outfit he was wearing in Batman v Superman gets explained in this. His BvS outfit reminds me of the gladiator armor in this movie. Just remove the helmet and the chest piece and it's a lot like the BvS outfit.
Aquaman-Gladiator-2-Pack-005.jpg

Not specifically, but they do say Vulko had trained him to fight and we see Arthur looking through a lot of different gladiator style armour.
The armour from JL isn't mentioned either.

The imagery in this film on the big screen was outstanding

Ok I am still on my critic black out after the rollercoaster of emotions that was the first 100 reviews (looking back how fun was that though) so I dont want any numbers just a yes or no answer to a question...

I keep seeing alerts from the RT thread...it is obvious there is lots of discussion going on in there. Is it safe to go in there or is it...well...kind of a war zone? I mean I have been around long enough to know that since it is not flying off the handle with post count it probably isnt SUPER bad but I also dont have much time for flame wars either. Long story short:

IFBq4bG.gif

I know I am being weird...but I havent had this much fun discussing a movie in a while and I dont want to ruin that. And I have a weird OCD thing where I kinda want to just get caught up. Thanks!

Ok I am still on my critic black out after the rollercoaster of emotions that was the first 100 reviews (looking back how fun was that though) so I dont want any numbers just a yes or no answer to a question...

I keep seeing alerts from the RT thread...it is obvious there is lots of discussion going on in there. Is it safe to go in there or is it...well...kind of a war zone? I mean I have been around long enough to know that since it is not flying off the handle with post count it probably isnt SUPER bad but I also dont have much time for flame wars either. Long story short:

IFBq4bG.gif

I know I am being weird...but I havent had this much fun discussing a movie in a while and I dont want to ruin that. And I have a weird OCD thing where I kinda want to just get caught up. Thanks!
Not a war zone. Just a slight panic here and there due to fluctuations in numbers but it’s starting to stabilize.

lmao

but they really should do a WW/Mera teamup for WW3 or something

talk about atlantis/amazon history or something

Yes x1000. Somehow, someway those two need to meet and fight alongside each other.

It also makes sense that she'd be there. "The entire planet is on the brink of doom, we face a foe we might not be able to defeat, I must go. But you can just relax Mera."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"