Aquaman Spoilers Thread (just in case ;) - please don’t enter if you don’t want to be spoiled)

DCEU is not like Marvel telling a heavily serialized movie universe. The past DCEU events are fine and don't need a reboot. And you're right they won't be mentioned, but it's cause there's nothing to build on. The only film in DCEU so far reliant on continuity was JL (from BVS). We are free from Zack Snyder's Pt 2 Knightmare and Flash jarringly asking if he is too soon. Now his movie can't come soon enough.

I think he means that the characters themselves are being rebooted not the universe. (the universe isnt) I doubt that happens though recasting is gonna happen which is fine. In a couple years no one will care just like they dont care about The Hulk or Rhodey in Iron Man.

I wont if it happens to Affleck :hehe::o i will if it happens to Cavil and Adams :argh::woo

DCEU is not like Marvel telling a heavily serialized movie universe. The past DCEU events are fine and don't need a reboot. And you're right they won't be mentioned, but it's cause there's nothing to build on. The only film in DCEU so far reliant on continuity was JL (from BVS). We are free from Zack Snyder's Pt 2 Knightmare and Flash jarringly asking if he is too soon. Now his movie can't come soon enough.

Im praying they give up on The Flashpoint movie :argh: i need at least 3 Flash movies before they pull that **** :woo

Having finally seen this film- IMAX was definitely worth it- a very great and visually stunning film. But one thing in particular that I enjoyed was the connection between Orm and Manta. It gave me a big Scarecrow/Ra's al Ghul vibe from Batman Begins in that you've got the secondary villain working for the primary, but the two never [physically] share screen time.

Loved seeing the fight scenes especially the opening submarine fight scene with Arthur and Manta and Arthur seemingly leaving Manta's father to die...if Arthur hadn't done that and had saved Manta's father's life then Manta wouldn't have come after Arthur so fiercely but then again Manta and his father were pirates killing innocent people so needless to say they got what they deserved

Gotta say, my favorite moment of the movie was Arthur emerging from the waterfall in that beautiful looking costume with that music swelling and and stomping his trident like a badass. That s*** gives me CHILLS, man. It was so earned and Mamoa just sells it. Its moments like that that remind me why i fell in love with comic books as a kid.

Gotta say, my favorite moment of the movie was Arthur emerging from the waterfall in that beautiful looking costume with that music swelling and and stomping his trident like a badass. That s*** gives me CHILLS, man. It was so earned and Mamoa just sells it. Its moments like that that remind me why i fell in love with comic books as a kid.

And Kidman's delivery of 'one true king!' was so amazing

One thing I noticed, especially considering who directed it, was that barely anyone outside of a bunch of extra cannon fodder and the Fisherman King died in the movie. All the major players survived.

That is probably one of the best moments of the DCEU by far

Given that Wan directed it I was so glad the dog was OK lol

I was waiting for a sight gag of the dog's tail in Kidman's mouth. :o

That was the best emotional bit. Wasn’t expecting that.

Me either which is kind of sad that you spend every hour every minute of every day hoping the woman you love comes back and then waiting and waiting until she does finally come back it just really hits home for some people

And the thing is, you know it is coming both from the previews and from the fact that the scene is just dragging you to that point anyways (which can make scenes like that not work) but then it does and you are like "OH SNAP ITS AQUAMAN!"

And then he is all like:

tumblr_n4dtkiKVak1s2wio8o1_500.gif

The scene where Vulko and teenage Arthur are training with one another and Arthur asking about his mother and Vulko being forced to tell him the truth...Arthur questioning if his mother ever loved him...that really hit home for me

Mera and Arthur's love story was even more organic

I liked Atlanna and Tom more, I think Amber could have done much better job than she did but maybe she just doesn't have the talent to pull it off. Wan could have helped her out a bit with inserting shot here and there with Mera looking at Arthur all interested/curious like that one shot in Sicily, but unfortunately that didn't happen

At the end with Aquaman's parents, I turned to my friend and whispered "Wow she totally got there early and just waited for the sun" Lol movie's gonna movie but I still loved it.

The fact that Orm was put into prison...I don't see how Orm gets redeemed after what he did but it begs the question of if he does betray Arthur again in the sequel? Think Loki and Thor

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"