First Avenger Are we running out of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im pretty excited about the fact that it has to be coming within a few months. Cause it really blew being in this board when I knew know info was coming for over a year

oh totally, its like over in the supes board not much to really talk about there since we know superman on film is not happening and not going any where for whole knows how long due to all the legal mumbo jumbo.

I don't want to hear this crap about Cap being a smaller scaled, lower budgeted, less CGI driven movie that won't require a good half a year post production. No one can know for sure except Marvel, I know, but I just don't buy that for a second. I agree with the previous poster that believes Marvel is probably pissed at Johnston... how the **** is he still working on Wolfman? I mean I thought that thing filmed a year ago? When you are directing a major tentpole, you need to be fully into pre-production Fall of the previous year. We are headed toward New Years... There is a difference between keeping a low profile as far as developments versus not hearing anything at all when it comes to a project like this. Maybe I am just another fanboy that is getting impatient with the lack of news, and I haven't ranted in a while, but when other posters are raising this issue other than myself, I know there is something to it. We all thought Thor would be ready for 2010... it was pushed back a year. I am calling it right now, POTC 4 will take July 22nd and Cap will be pushed to the following May. If they need to take another year then so be it. With Disney's backing there is probably no rush on Marvel's part. The fear is, isn't Avengers a whopping five years after TIH a tad bit too long? You can definitely kiss Norton and possibly the Hulk bye bye if that's the case. That's just too long a gap.

Last edited:
If Marvel isnt happy with Johnston they would fire him.....if Wolfman is keeping him from starting Cap he's quit. We dont know whats going on behind the scenes. Just because we think he isnt working on Cap doesnt mean he isnt. Remember people have seen the preproduction stuff.
Marvel isnt going to let him mess up their production schedule

I think that Cap is moving along just fine. Were just not hearing anything because Marvel is giving Jonston time to get the behind the scenes issues from wolfman past him. Would you want your director to one of your most anticipated movies to have too much on his plate dealing with the movie AND trying to settle BTS stuff from another movie?

Considering Thor is due before Cap, and we've only really just gotten most of the Thor casting, i think we're fine... Us fanboys just crave info lol.

yea we fans dont really know how much work has been going on this past year and since joe officially started up work last month and all that. If he has been full steam since nov he would have 8months of preproduction work ready to go for june's production start date. I dont think we have anything to worry right now. We dont know how things are going.

Also, considering the casting of Cap is probably the most important thing for the whole film, i'm glad they're taking there time with that. Who knows how much other stuff they've planned? We know theres a script, for all we know all the set and shoot locations have been scoped out... When you think about it, Casting is pretty much the main thing about a film that will get publicised, so just because we haven't heard about casting doesn't mean the wheels haven't been turning for a while.

Also, considering the casting of Cap is probably the most important thing for the whole film, i'm glad they're taking there time with that. Who knows how much other stuff they've planned? We know theres a script, for all we know all the set and shoot locations have been scoped out... When you think about it, Casting is pretty much the main thing about a film that will get publicised, so just because we haven't heard about casting doesn't mean the wheels haven't been turning for a while.

How do you know they are casting? Has there been one article that says Marvel/Johnston are heavily into the casting process? Other than the once in a blue moon Will Smith rumors and what not. We don't know either way, but usually we hear something. I haven't followed it too much so what's the latest? You need to give time for the actor to prep for the role. Hemsworth was announced in May with filming in January so we are already two months behind with respect to the Thor casting.

Last edited:
no i think he was just trying to say alot of the production end stuff has probably been going on for awhile now before and since joe has officially been 100% on board with production since wolfman was done and all that. As for casting who knows if it has started yet or not. I would think though it might have started up cause they probably would want to have all roles set in around march time.

They just had a script meeting so it seems everything is ontime with their schedule

yea they are probably like on 3-4th draft or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"