Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 18: "Deathstroke" Rate and Review Thread

Merlyn killed his father and his best friend, banged his mom behind his dad's back, fathered his sister, destroyed half his city and was the reason he was stranded on the Island. So yes, it does get much more personal than that.

Hehe, touche.

I actually thought that Merlyn was gonna make an appearance when Slade kidnapped Thea in the previous episode.

What I'm also kinda fearing for future seasons is that the LoA will place Tommy into a Lazarus Pit and eventually replace Malcolm just because Colin Donnel is a cheaper actor to cast than Barrowman.

Merlyn killed his father and his best friend, banged his mom behind his dad's back, fathered his sister, destroyed half his city and was the reason he was stranded on the Island. So yes, it does get much more personal than that.

:up:

You also have to consider Slade's "madness".The guy is under the influence of a drug whose side effect is making him hear voices of his five years dead crush.

Merlyn is a stone cold sober *******.No excuses made for it.Slade might come out of it someday.Not so Merlyn.

The difference between Slade and Merlyn is that there's nothing personal from Merlyn's POV, Ollie was simply collateral damage, and he didn't kill his father, his father shot himself.

Plus, Merlyn motivations are also easy to understand (though not to support), and it doesn't take him going bonkers from crazy-juice to do so.

Oh, wait…Moira is the only one that knows that Merlyn is still alive correct..?

^ Moira and Ra's al Ghul, because Moira told him (her connection to Ra's al Ghul is still a mistery).

The difference between Slade and Merlyn is that there's nothing personal from Merlyn's POV, Ollie was simply collateral damage, and he didn't kill his father, his father shot himself.
Well,his intention in sinking the Gambit was to kill Ollie's dad,and he still succeeded no matter how indirectly.

^ Moira and Ra's al Ghul, because Moira told him (her connection to Ra's al Ghul is still a mistery).

Did she really tell him or did she just threaten to do so?

I liked sarah when she was on and off the show but shes pretty much a regular now and its starting to make her character uninteresting. Cant stand laurel, nearly every episode she has to
Laurel-is-an-ugly-crier-Arrow_zps4a3b831a.gif

I really hope she doesnt return back into this now that she learned Olivers secret.:waa::waa:

Did she really tell him or did she just threaten to do so?

No she said she told him.I remember her saying something to the effect of 'he was relieved to hear it,so he can kill you himself'.Thus Malcolm beat a hasty retreat.:woot:

This was a great episode. The only thing that irked me was the very end when Slade shows up at Laurel's door and is all like "Hey, just letting you know Oliver is the Arrow...eventhough I have no evidence or provide no reason that you should even believe me. Well....bye!" Seriously, why would Laurel believe him?

This was a great episode. The only thing that irked me was the very end when Slade shows up at Laurel's door and is all like "Hey, just letting you know Oliver is the Arrow...eventhough I have no evidence or provide no reason that you should even believe me. Well....bye!" Seriously, why would Laurel believe him?

She probably already knows on a subconscious level but her experience with selfish playboy Oliver has kept her from accepting it.

Great episode. But does anyone else think that last scene with Slade and Laurel was corny?

Slade shows up. "Oliver is the Arrow." Slade leaves.

He could have called her or something. I'm sure he could have figured out her number.

I'm on the same boat with people thinking Slade's motivation is a little ridiculous. I'm willing to accept it now though after seeing he's still haunted by Shado hallucinations. Plus maybe its deeper than just Shado's death. I like to think its "hey you tried to kill me too and took my eye and left me for dead....so yeah add that to the list." But in the flashback didn't he almost give back Ollie to Sarah? It makes no sense that he was about to do that then be dead set on killing him now.

It just cemented the fact he's the worlds ultimate troll.

I liked sarah when she was on and off the show but shes pretty much a regular now and its starting to make her character uninteresting. Cant stand laurel, nearly every episode she has to
Laurel-is-an-ugly-crier-Arrow_zps4a3b831a.gif

Why does this gif make me laugh?

Yeah,I kinda felt the same.I guess,Slade has such an honest face,Thea & Laurel can't help but believe him.:D

I'm on the same boat with people thinking Slade's motivation is a little ridiculous. I'm willing to accept it now though after seeing he's still haunted by Shado hallucinations. Plus maybe its deeper than just Shado's death. I like to think its "hey you tried to kill me too and took my eye and left me for dead....so yeah add that to the list." But in the flashback didn't he almost give back Ollie to Sarah? It makes no sense that he was about to do that then be dead set on killing him now.

It's definitely deeper than him just having had feelings for Shado. It's also got to do with the fact that all 3 of them were island 'comrades' as it were, surviving together all that time. Oliver basically betrayed all that when he chose Sara, an 'outsider', over Shado (although it was an impossible situation). Couple this with Slade having a history of his close comrades (namely Wintergreen) betraying him and his burgeoning feelings for Shado (which when you think about his situation, stranded on an island for so long, no women, not to mention her being a warrior and obviously appealing in that sense as well) make for solid/believable motivation IMO.

Great episode. But does anyone else think that last scene with Slade and Laurel was corny?

Slade shows up. "Oliver is the Arrow." Slade leaves.

He could have called her or something. I'm sure he could have figured out her number.

Only losers use phones in comicbook shows. It's like Lau in TDK (and does anybody else find it funny that his actor now seems to be typecast as the guy who gets brutally killed by the villain in the superhero movie?)

And I couldn't help but think that Slade's last minute reveal comes off not only as a stereotypical soap opera moment, but one from a Spanish soap opera. It's the eyepatch and Bennett's animal magnetism. It must be hilariously cliched moment on Latino television.

"Oliver es el Arrow! Adios!"

"Que?!?"

And I couldn't help but think that Slade's last minute reveal comes off not only as a stereotypical soap opera moment, but one from a Spanish soap opera. It's the eyepatch and Bennett's animal magnetism. It must be hilariously cliched moment on Latino television.

"Oliver es el Arrow! Adios!"

"Que?!?"

:lmao:

You can not overact crying, it's so unique to the individual, and circumstance in everyday life. An emotion that is so raw that it can bring you to tear can come in many forms like pounding something, dropping to their knees or in said gif attempting holding back tears.

Cause she's clearly over acting.

I don't know about that. I don't remember which episode that gif is from.

Her reaction and the camera zooming in after Slade left at the end of the episode made me laugh too.

I just can't stand that her character is almost always on the verge of tearing up, when confronting someone. And when she is actually ballsy enough, she reminds me too much of b**chy Ruby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"