Arrow Arrow Season 4 Episode 4- "Beyond Redemption"

For real! That scene between Oliver and Lance was tense! And when Lance was about to shoot Sara. Wow. Season 4 is really bringing the A game.

This season continues to be quite strong. I liked this episode a lot.

Everything just feels like a breathe of fresh air. New costumes, new lair, new team dynamic, Oliver's not so dark and brooding anymore, Sara's back, a threatening villain. This season is reminding me why I fell in love with this show in the first place.

Was that Lady Cop who was just murdering people?
Ok I saw the whole episode I won't spoil too much she killed two under cops cause they can id her and her accoplises . other then that they were only ripping off and killing criminals to sell what they stole to other criminals . she and her accomplice's were doing so to get money to leave he city and have decent life she didn't like the idea of killing more cops when another one of her accoplise's notice captain was there in a sting the arrow made so she said they use captain lance. so they kidnapped him later

The emphasis of my question was "was that Lady cop" not the "who was just murdering people," although I think she was factually wrong with her claim that it wasn't in cold blood. Certainly it wasn't calculated for a long time, but she there was still premeditation there. And even if that wasn't the case, she would still be murdering people (drug dealers are people).

But my question was whether this was the actress cast as Lady Cop this season who was announced before the season debuted.

The emphasis of my question was "was that Lady cop" not the "who was just murdering people," although I think she was factually wrong with her claim that it wasn't in cold blood. Certainly it wasn't calculated for a long time, but she there was still premeditation there. And even if that wasn't the case, she would still be murdering people (drug dealers are people).

But my question was whether this was the actress cast as Lady Cop this season who was announced before the season debuted.
as was state just above me above by KGuillou. Yes it was her that killed them

As to the new lair well it's oliver had place under brother blood's old capagin house . and they have a hidden elevator that needs to what was dubbed the arrow bunker by the creators of the show . they haven't named itthat in the shwo yet.

they said they had help from cisco and star labs in designing it . and they dis the usual lip service aboutthere being biometric's but not showing it at all (sadly) and thea took another shot at oliver about know the word bio metric's cause it some that's foren to him from the last time lol oh before that it was funny when he feliscity said he was running for mayor and they said all the stuff most people know that he has alot of stuff that's can't support him there yet and he doesn't have a realplan beside running for mayor it was very entertaining.

in the end it was thea that save the day for him in getting capable people to help his campaign with people that visted her club to relax and social net working. he lucky he has a capable sister that know's how to do things dispite her own past. as she said she ran a successful club.

oh captain lance will be the inside man to darhk for oliver too. oh and sara escaped Laura's shackles . which will be addressed next week cause Oliver see's the chaos it cause's

before that captain went to darhk on what he knew of the pit and if sara will be back to normal or if he knew of way to do so. Darhk reveled his has a child him self and there was no way that he knows to restore sara at all. and what ever that in her body it's not sara and and as a father him self he'd have to put her out of her misery . that was his advice to captain lance before oliver and felicity discover them via video servalance cause they met in a area where there was a street cam

I wasn't liking this episode at all till about half way when Oliver confront Lance. Then my ears perked up and I was in. Which makes this my least favorite episode of the season so far but still a good one overall.

God this show annoys the hell out of me. If you aren't Oliver/Olicty then your storyline is completely sidelined. The fact that they have given us the barest of bones with Laurel bringing back Sara makes me so pissed. We haven't gotten any scenes getting inside Laurels head, seeing what she is feeling with bringing back Sara, struggling with her situation, actually using this to develop her even the slightest. And now Sara is free which means she can't even be the one to reach out for help because she feels the need to, she HAS to reach out to them now that her sister is loose. If I had the will power I would just quit this show.

Rutina was wasted, I expected her to at least be used for a couple of episodes and get a good use out of her.

Oliver/Quentin scenes were the best, they actually put effort into it.

Felicity didn't have that many scenes (Laurel with Sara seemed to take as much screen time). This was more a Detective Lance episode than anything else.

God this show annoys the hell out of me. If you aren't Oliver/Olicty then your storyline is completely sidelined. The fact that they have given us the barest of bones with Laurel bringing back Sara makes me so pissed. We haven't gotten any scenes getting inside Laurels head, seeing what she is feeling with bringing back Sara, struggling with her situation, actually using this to develop her even the slightest. And now Sara is free which means she can't even be the one to reach out for help because she feels the need to, she HAS to reach out to them now that her sister is loose. If I had the will power I would just quit this show.

Rutina was wasted, I expected her to at least be used for a couple of episodes and get a good use out of her.

Oliver/Quentin scenes were the best, they actually put effort into it.
right now Laural's mind set is this " Here daddy, I told this cause, I don't want there to be any secrets and I'm sure she'll be back to her normal self, she'll be fine, she just needs time." and she doesn't want to be judged.

I think the fact she said she didn't oliver's judgement(or any one else's) mean's part of her knows what she's doing and saying is off but she's committed already to fantasy land.

I have feeling when other get caught up she see the beat down 's she took from lady cop and the corrupt former anti vigilanty task force some people will chuckle since happened after she showed her dad sara

especially when she did the canary cry and was shut down by a special rife. they she used it again but was prepared a second time but Laural went through some beat's .

well the SCPD are alot further along with their anti vigilant task force gear even though they are temporary disbanded then Central city witht he meta human task force

oh felicity is still getting text code messages to her phone from ray but still doesn't know what it is yet. shes has mr.terrific looking into it and there a certain message with his voice left for her which he had o convince her that she should listen to it.

beside prior terrific is still trying to guess who the arrow is. which felicity said he's not telling him who that is any time soon.

Last edited:
I agree that this was a Detective Lance-centric episode, but I like the tense exchange between Oliver and Lance along with the new layout.

I guess the team rarely has to suit up during the day since having your new lair in your base of operations for your campaign, is not smart. And I didn't get Felicity using company funds to endorse Oliver when they aren't in the best position to be doing so at the moment.

Really good episode, love how the reveal went down with Lance... Mayor Queen storyline is picking up nicely, humor is more balanced, and solid-better acting all around.

Sara/Laurel plot is slightly off but Sara is back so IDGAF.

Also, Arrow Cave 3.0 is ****ing tight.

Other than some minor flaws in the character writing this was a really solid episode. I agree with the sentiment that this was a Captain Lance episode. Lance, Detective Lance.

The acting and the stunts were on point this week. The stunts weren't as epic as episode 2, but the acting was the best all season. And interestingly enough the dialogue was strong too. It had a noir-ish feel to it in some parts (the parts involving the dirty cops and Thea and Dig copping keys... lmao never thought I'd type that) It's just the direction they take characters in sometimes is either not thought through or a straight up regression from previous character development.

@ Primal Slayer, other than internal monologuing I don't know how they're going to present Laurel as being conflicted about Sara. But something needs to happen. She's pretty much a badass ditz at this point. I wish they'd give Cassidy better material to work with.

I guess the team rarely has to suit up during the day since having your new lair in your base of operations for your campaign, is not smart. And I didn't get Felicity using company funds to endorse Oliver when they aren't in the best position to be doing so at the moment.
your right it's not but if he does become mayor cause no one else is running against him oliver will have to move his office to city hall as all mayors do unless the writers forgot about that part some how??? that place can't and shouldn't be used for ever post election.

let's hope those so called biometric's in the elevators works <<(but as I said more showing and less lip service about it )and at least now they don't have their backs to the door to be stabbed from a distance . it's just lacking auto mated security deference's cause it's not like they can hire security guards. I hope they have a recognition system with motion sensor's that know the pattern of how they (each member of team arrow and their allies )walk and move around and a Xray scanner device in the elevator sot hey know all the broken bones each member of team arrow has as way to Identify them.

at least it'll be harder for the viilain of the week to just walk in as if there's no locked door at all as always.

Last edited:
Good episode, but am I the only one who thought the pacing/editing was a little off? It looked like a few moments slipped through the cracks when they really shouldn't have.

Good episode, but am I the only one who thought the pacing/editing was a little off? It looked like a few moments slipped through the cracks when they really shouldn't have.

You're talking about when Laurel was tasered? Yeah, I caught that too. Somebody was rushing in the editing room.

The shot of Ollie's goatee in the hood into Black Canary grabbing onto him and then zip lining was awesome and almost as good as the back half of S2... nothing may ever top those stairway fights and the records room attack.

@ Primal Slayer, other than internal monologuing I don't know how they're going to present Laurel as being conflicted about Sara. But something needs to happen. She's pretty much a badass ditz at this point. I wish they'd give Cassidy better material to work with.

I think it would be simple to have Laurel either up stairs in her apartment or downstairs with Sara pacing around with some tears in her eyes. Throw in something like "you're my sister, I love you so much, did I do the right thing, am i in over my head" and that already makes this rushed storyline slightly better. Hell having her look at the pictures of her and sister and do some flashbacks of the two during their happier times would add to the story.

your right it's not but if he does become mayor cause no one else is running against him oliver will have to move his office to city hall as all mayors do unless the writers forgot about that part some how??? that place can't and shouldn't be used for ever post election.

And Felicity will have to basically buy the building out and keep it vacant the entire time. Or I guess they could set up a flower shop lol, throw back to Dinahs comic job.

probly why captain lance is stilll afraid for her life and why he caved to darhk. can she handle self some time she can but one slip and it's over for her. . that abandoned apartment hall way fightscene where lance was adopted did seem strange I agree.

I think it would be simple to have Laurel either up stairs in her apartment or downstairs with Sara pacing around with some tears in her eyes. Throw in something like "you're my sister, I love you so much, did I do the right thing, am i in over my head" and that already makes this rushed storyline slightly better. Hell having her look at the pictures of her and sister and do some flashbacks of the two during their happier times would add to the story.

And Felicity will have to basically buy the building out and keep it vacant the entire time. Or I guess they could set up a flower shop lol, throw back to Dinahs comic job.

I always said they need a front to keep the place busy just like how oliver should have had a office room in that club of their's that should havehad an hidden secret entrance way to the first lair . lol every one beat him to it from the freaking black list to newer shows.

All While he had that club and all he had as an excuse was mold "mold" yet everyone including villain of the week walk past the bar there with the exception of thea for a while , which he told her that moldy lie to. I can't believe they made her buy that moldy lie .

well he has hidden elevator now. He just better not use it while campaign workers are there. I hope they by lass dimmer window in that office room of his .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"