Assassin's Creed IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
[YT]KB7X686jKMA[/YT]
1 hour ago
Pirate Gameplay Experience Video Naval Exploration - Assassin's

mmerse yourself deeper into the world of Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag with this new gameplay video with commentary from Game Director, Ashraf Ismail. On the voyage to Havana with your ship The Jackdaw, learn the rules that Edward and his crew live by, and how they defy the empires of the 18th Century.

source:Ubisoft's youtube

Thats so awesome.

I hate that his pistols and other equipment dont have holsters. I mean c'mon, its next gen, that stuff should be standard. Details baby, details.

lol that's the one time period where holsters weren't common especially with pirates. other you'd be right. the became the norl when the old west came about.

lol that's the one time period where holsters weren't common especially with pirates. other you'd be right. the became the norl when the old west came about.

But they're just sticking to him by nothing. I could see if he was pulling his pistols out of his pants, but they just kind of float there. Not a huge issue, but i expect more detail from Next gen.

well back then pirates usually attached it to their belts. as for it look like it hangs in the air to their body's, it's an issue that still plagues video games. one day all of them will get it right. be side those that just want to skip it.

First and foremost AC IV is a current-gen game though, not next-gen. It's being ported to the next-gen for the sake of maximum profit. It'll look prettier, but the basic gameplay elements are still going to be restricted by the current generation's console capabilities.

Besides, maybe his guns have like, clip on buttons attached or something :D

First and foremost AC IV is a current-gen game though, not next-gen. It's being ported to the next-gen for the sake of maximum profit. It'll look prettier, but the basic gameplay elements are still going to be restricted by the current generation's console capabilities.

Besides, maybe his guns have like, clip on buttons attached or something :D

True...I think we are going to see a lot of that in the first few months of the next gen systems.

Oh they started like what's shown up in that Xcom third person shooter the character you play as has a holster and that's still coming for the ps3 and other systems so it'll most likely be in next gen unless it wasn't a priority to begin with. lol that clip on line was classic nice one James .

I'm super excited for the gameplay and the pirate fantasy of this game but I'm not really feeling any connection to Kenway. After AC3 I feel like they really need to tighten up the story, especially where the main AC fiction is concerned and I'm getting worried that we haven't heard too much about the narrative itself.

I'm super excited for the gameplay and the pirate fantasy of this game but I'm not really feeling any connection to Kenway. After AC3 I feel like they really need to tighten up the story, especially where the main AC fiction is concerned and I'm getting worried that we haven't heard too much about the narrative itself.

I stopped caring about the narrative somewhere between Brotherhood and Revelations. It was then that i came to the conclusion that i really disliked the whole Abstergo/Modern day aspect. Like its getting harder to make all these games connect to one another. From the get go they should of just dropped all that modern day stuff and just focused on the fight between the ancient templars and assassins. That way each game could of featured a new assassin in a new time period with no real worries about the connection to other characters. I mean its neat knowing that Edward is related to Connor who is related to Ezio who is related to Altair but at the same time it would of been much easier and just as engrossing to give us a story about the templars vs the assassins. That was my issue with AC3 is Connor and the game kind of shat all over that.

But this wasnt an issue in AC III. Connors pistols had holsters. I noticed that after AC, they stopped animating the main characters sheath. Even in AC II and beyond, when you equip Altairs outfit, his sheath is gone, yet it was present in the orig game. Guess it just isnt a priority to animate that stuff.

But this is a prequel to Conner time though and Conner was in the time period where the old west was just starting where holsters became the norm. it's about what was common during the time.

but this is a prequel to Conner though and Conner was in the time period where the old west was just starting

That has NOTHING to do with it man.

The devs arent sitting there thinking, oh well during this time period holsters werent really used that often, so we'll just have his pistols hover near his body. Its just an animation issue.

Actually and unfortunately it can it has to do with when those were created. well unless they do what Metal gear does liberty wise

Actually and unfortunately it can it has to do with when those were created. well unless they do what Metal gear does liberty wise

You just keep missing the point entirely man. My issue wasnt the lack of holsters in general, which even then, pistol holsters have been used since the 1500's, it was the animating of the weapons without any kind of holster. Being the animation having the character pull the pistol from his waste band, or a dedicated holster it doesnt matter. As it stands now, the pistols just kind of float there. That has NOTHING, ZILCH, NADA to do with the time period. Its just an animation over sight that i notice and wish was altered for the next generation of systems.

Clipping is still the great unconquered frontier for video gaming. It's why they can't animate holstered weapons, or feature guitar straps in rock bands, and other such quizzicalities.

Clipping is still the great unconquered frontier for video gaming. It's why they can't animate holstered weapons, or feature guitar straps in rock bands, and other such quizzicalities.

Yea iv always figured it was an animation issue. I remember Rockstar saying how hard it was to animate the rope from Red Dead Redemption so i can see why we havent gotten realistic styled weapon slings and other small details like that.

But i always appreciate the details. Using rockstar again, i loved that in Red Dead Redemption, every weapon had its place. Your pistol had a holster, your rifle had a holster, your knife had a holster and your rope was attached to your bag. Loved that stuff. Same goes for Rockstars Max Payne 3. Rather than have Max just magically throw his rifle on his back, he'd hold it with one hand or he'd have to drop it altogether.

You just keep missing the point entirely man. My issue wasnt the lack of holsters in general, which even then, pistol holsters have been used since the 1500's, it was the animating of the weapons without any kind of holster. Being the animation having the character pull the pistol from his waste band, or a dedicated holster it doesnt matter. As it stands now, the pistols just kind of float there. That has NOTHING, ZILCH, NADA to do with the time period. Its just an animation over sight that i notice and wish was altered for the next generation of systems.
Actually a few posts up after Destructus spoke shows I do know it's a animation issue. which i did address as well man.Any way still pirates still went with the look with the gun to the belt. (as messed up as it is with this and not being shown properly due to an animation hick up which has been the bane of video games for a while .) It's just what they did. It's a hard perception to change since alot of them did so and quite often.
You have to be tick off with them for that chose.

Hopefully when they do the holsters with the coming systems it is done in better way, when the ps4 and XB one are out. But I don't, won't be expecting to much out of every one that makes a game. some people are just more concerned with just making sure their game come out and it plays well.

Last edited:
Holsters or not, it's still an improvement over the GTA's "Where does he keep that rocket launcher?" system :D

Holsters or not, it's still an improvement over the GTA's "Where does he keep that rocket launcher?" system :D

Haha yea i always preferred the limited weapon capacities. One of very few gripes i had with the most recent Hitman game was that you could conceal a large weapon. 47 could just stash a shotgun or rifle in his coat. In the old games, anything larger a medium sized weapon and you were forced to carry it out in the open, or use your brief case.

Ever since Mercenaries (which I doubt was the first game to do it, but it's the first I remember) I've really liked the limited-weapon style of gameplay. Seeing the character reach back and switch weapons, and being forced to plan what you're going to need, is freakin' cool. The "rocket pocket" is a more arcade style option and suits GTA well, I wouldn't really want it any other way, but in other games I'm definitely in the limited-weapon camp.

Ever since Mercenaries (which I doubt was the first game to do it, but it's the first I remember) I've really liked the limited-weapon style of gameplay. Seeing the character reach back and switch weapons, and being forced to plan what you're going to need, is freakin' cool. The "rocket pocket" is a more arcade style option and suits GTA well, I wouldn't really want it any other way, but in other games I'm definitely in the limited-weapon camp.

Thats generally how id play a game. For instance in Red Dead you could carry a ton of weapons, but id always stick to ONE pistol and ONE rifle(or shotgun) and just do my activities with those weapons. If id want to switch over to a shotgun id have to "go back to my home" to get it.

I just really appreciate it when games pay attention to the smallest details. Stuff like that is really neat.

And for the most part the AC series has done a good job of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"