Assassins Creed: Rogue

source: GI

Interesting....some of the commenters (based on nothing more than conjecture, I suppose) seem convinced that Shay will be Elise's father in Unity. I suppose that's possible, but wouldn't there be too much of a "been there, done that" feel, a la Edward-Haytham-Connor? Maybe it would be better if Shay isn't related to *any* of the other main characters.

It I seems unlikely that Shay, as an Irish Assassin-turned-Templar, would be the Grandmaster for the French Templars, especially considering other videos seem to imply that Shay and Haythem are directly supporting the British Empire's interests in the New World during the Seven Years War. Theoretically, this would imply that they are also opposing the French Templar's plans.

Now, here's an idea: Shay is the driving force behind the purge that leaves old man Davenport the last of the Assassins in ACIII. Years after his hunt, Shay becomes a privateer for the British Templars against both Achilles' new Assassins and Haythem's playing-both-sides New World Templars, since Haythem turned on and killed his British benefactors between the wars. When Haythem dies, Shay finds himself with only one target left in the form of Connor. Connor, already an experienced privateer as well, also hunts Shay. The two men play a dangerous game of cat and mouse, and come to respect each other, as Shay sympathizes with Connors idealism tinged by the betrayals he's suffered, and Connor admires Shay's true devotion and focus to his cause. Thus, Connor recognizes that Shay "follows his own creed," while Shay sees Connor as the righteous combination of Assassin compassion and Templar order.

Your last mission is a massive ship to ship fight against the Aquilla, with its eagle themed look and captain named after wolfs, with the Morrigan, with its wolf themed look and captain named after a hawk, with both ships and warriors horribly wounded. Shay dies, but Connor bears a permanent mark from the fight, like a limp or a badass scar. Before he dies, Shay tells Connor of the chaotic forces brewing in both orders in France, and both men theorize on the hope of a "unified" Assassin-Templar alliance.

Cue a level in Unity where Connor arrives to help the frantic Arno and Elise, bearing the marks of his fight and encouraging their alliance in the memory of both his father and the man who hunted his brothers down.

It I seems unlikely that Shay, as an Irish Assassin-turned-Templar, would be the Grandmaster for the French Templars, especially considering other videos seem to imply that Shay and Haythem are directly supporting the British Empire's interests in the New World during the Seven Years War. Theoretically, this would imply that they are also opposing the French Templar's plans.

Now, here's an idea: Shay is the driving force behind the purge that leaves old man Davenport the last of the Assassins in ACIII. Years after his hunt, Shay becomes a privateer for the British Templars against both Achilles' new Assassins and Haythem's playing-both-sides New World Templars, since Haythem turned on and killed his British benefactors between the wars. When Haythem dies, Shay finds himself with only one target left in the form of Connor. Connor, already an experienced privateer as well, also hunts Shay. The two men play a dangerous game of cat and mouse, and come to respect each other, as Shay sympathizes with Connors idealism tinged by the betrayals he's suffered, and Connor admires Shay's true devotion and focus to his cause. Thus, Connor recognizes that Shay "follows his own creed," while Shay sees Connor as the righteous combination of Assassin compassion and Templar order.

Your last mission is a massive ship to ship fight against the Aquilla, with its eagle themed look and captain named after wolfs, with the Morrigan, with its wolf themed look and captain named after a hawk, with both ships and warriors horribly wounded. Shay dies, but Connor bears a permanent mark from the fight, like a limp or a badass scar. Before he dies, Shay tells Connor of the chaotic forces brewing in both orders in France, and both men theorize on the hope of a "unified" Assassin-Templar alliance.

Cue a level in Unity where Connor arrives to help the frantic Arno and Elise, bearing the marks of his fight and encouraging their alliance in the memory of both his father and the man who hunted his brothers down.

Alot of the Irish were forced into french family's when both Canada ad the USA were formed this isn't, that surprising. Some went back to France even. but there was rule in canada after some time that some of the Irish would be allowed to keep their last names before to prior. Also they were of children that were orphaned, which know at least up here anyway.

But your right that might not be how shay will connect to this if at all .

Last edited:
Are we going to have to deal with a contemporary story line?
As in a modern setting ? they haven't mentioned it. I don't they will add it for now. I don't think it was well received with III. we'll see though

Interesting plot points....I'd like to see those in the game. And I'd definitely like to see cameos in Unity from Connor and Aveline, who'd have plenty of reason to rally for the cause in France.

Waitaminute..Rogue is only coming out for previous gen systems? Not current gen right away? Screw that...i'm totally fine with just buying Unity then. I'm not interested in taking a step backwards.

Probably at the start of summer when there's nothing being released.

Are we going to have to deal with a contemporary story line?

I'm suspecting it'll be something similar to the Erudito hacks from Aveline's stories, with Rogue being an in-universe game with Templar propaganda and someone releasing the "true-ending" that readjusts the story to remind the audience why the Assassins are the normal heroes.

Maybe the last "official" mission involves you avenging Haythem's death at the hands of his son, providing the official TOD for the Templar history books, only for his child/himself to return in the hacked part and exact justice instead of vengeance.

[YT]R6M_jpmLydw[/YT]

[YT]bBVMUAbdE8I[/YT]

Awesome stuff!

Not too hot on being a Templar (has potential tho), but does anyone else think Shay has a much cooler outfit than Arno?

assassin_s_creed_rogue_by_sgo_manator-d7uey6r.jpg

Well, somewhat. His is more aggressive and (forgive the pun) rogue-ish. Arno's is sleeker and more believable as something that would blend in; the hood's the only thing that really stand out as strange. Arno is a dashing French hero who can blend in enough for the suspension of disbelieve to allow the audience to still think of him as a kind of ninja. Shay is wearing a Templar uniform that pirate-Assassin Edward could grab in Black Flag. He's pretty blatantly intimidating, and theoretically, he's supposed to stand out to both force his enemies to flee from him, and to inspire his men when they see him cut down assassins.

Well, somewhat. His is more aggressive and (forgive the pun) rogue-ish. Arno's is sleeker and more believable as something that would blend in; the hood's the only thing that really stand out as strange. Arno is a dashing French hero who can blend in enough for the suspension of disbelieve to allow the audience to still think of him as a kind of ninja. Shay is wearing a Templar uniform that pirate-Assassin Edward could grab in Black Flag. He's pretty blatantly intimidating, and theoretically, he's supposed to stand out to both force his enemies to flee from him, and to inspire his men when they see him cut down assassins.

Very eloquent post. :up:

What's this? Why am I just hearing about this now? This sounds way more exciting that the one set in Paris. Oh god give this to me now!

I'm replaying ass creed 4 at the moment and I'm dying for something new

So, any guess what type of mission Shay will be on that leads to his break from the Assassins? I mean, considering how the Assassins of Edward's day contain indigenous warriors and pirates, and that Shay's fighting gang leaders, maybe the Assassin group becomes more aggressive in spreading chaos and embrace their criminal contacts at the expense of looking out for the little guy. The Assassins have always had a home among outcasts and fringe groups, maybe they just got a bit too chaotic and pirates for Shay.

So, any guess what type of mission Shay will be on that leads to his break from the Assassins? I mean, considering how the Assassins of Edward's day contain indigenous warriors and pirates, and that Shay's fighting gang leaders, maybe the Assassin group becomes more aggressive in spreading chaos and embrace their criminal contacts at the expense of looking out for the little guy. The Assassins have always had a home among outcasts and fringe groups, maybe they just got a bit too chaotic and pirates for Shay.

Shay's team switch could be simply rooted in prevailing opinions of the day; as, I suspect, was Haytham's, in large part. To wit: it's the heyday of the Age of Reason. The (literal) assassin's creed would be antiquated and primitive to the era of science and rationalism. I suspect Haytham simply came to find the archaic and violent methodology of the Assassins to be distasteful to a man of reason like himself. Shay might have a similiar change of worldview to be more in line with the rational empiricism of, say, John Locke and Isaac Newton.

I do wish they would have picked a different time period, since this does feel like a gaiden game.

I would have preferred War of 1812.

I'm sure it will be fine, but it does feel like a retread.

I do wish they would have picked a different time period, since this does feel like a gaiden game.

I would have preferred War of 1812.

I'm sure it will be fine, but it does feel like a retread.
well they wanted to do more with the city of new york back then as they said so this makes sense and it's still a prequel and I wouldn't worry they also said they have more teams doing other projects at the same time they've said that since E3 I don't think they are doing that time period you want but they have alot of people doing alot of entries of their own with different time periods

Last edited:
I wonder which famous people of that era will appear in assassins creed rogue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"