Assassins Creed: Rogue

Revelations was built for the 3DS so that would explain why it was short. I don't think Rogue will have that issue as the PS3/360 don't have those limitations

Um, what...? Rev was never on 3DS.
You might be getting confused with Aveline's "Liberation," which was originally designed for the PSP.

Also, I don't get where people are calling "Revelations" short. It was as long and epic as any of the other AC games, and especially longer than AC1.

I'm already much more interested in this than Unity. First for the sailing once again. Then, for New York.
Hope it doesn't feel like a rehash of the last one.

This New York is a full-sized city, not the burnt-out ruins we saw in AC3. It's the biggest city we've AC-ed in since Constantinople.

I don't wanna be an Templar though.

They're *******s. :(

You won't always be a Templar. According to the Ubi page, you follow Shay's descent into darkness, beginning as an Assassin before turning rogue. It's possible you might even find yourself empathizing with his reasons for the heel turn.

Is that a grenade launcher attachment under Shay's barrel?

Because that's kind of badass if true.

Ubi calls it an "air rifle," and yes, it has several attachments.

Um, what...? Rev was never on 3DS.
You might be getting confused with Aveline's "Liberation," which was originally designed for the PSP. .

No, that was a stupid brainfart on my part. I was actually thinking of Resident Evil Revelations. Ive been having that series on my mind with news of the Remaster yesterday

That trailer definitely didn't endear me to the character. It'd be nice if he's not a total dick in the final game.

He's got the aura of a reluctant anti-villain to me, especially with his talk of his own "creed," and struggles with his own moral code. Someone on TV Tropes claims he was betrayed by the Assassins after failing in a mission, but I have no idea where that came from. But considering how grey the last two groups of Templars have been and the upcoming ally/love interest in Elise, along with ACIV's use of Roberts as a third faction and villain alongside the evil goddess chick, I could see them giving us some villainous Assassins like Altair's rival and having Shay's turn to the Templars be understandable and sympathetic, if not morally right.

I keep predicting that eventually, we're going to see a more concrete Assassin/Templar alliance at some point, since the French Revolution gets absolutely nuts, and since Warren Vidic is dead and the evil goddess chick is lose.

[YT]O85H4zECAYM[/YT]
No Multiplayer in Assassin’s Creed Rogue

You will not be ale to sail the icy waters of the Arctic with your friends. In the latest issue of Game Informer, Ubisoft has revealed that Assassin’s Creed Rogue will be single-player only. This makes it the first console game in the series since 2009'sAssassin’s Creed II to not have a multiplayer mode. The good news is that this year’s other big game, the next-gen Assassin’s Creed Unity, will have multiplayer as well as a new co-op mode. Assassin’s Creed Rogue is being made for the PS3 and Xbox 360, and offers a new story where players take the role of an Assassin who goes rogue and joins the villainous Templars. It will bring back the naval combat from Assassin’s Creed IV, which will be largely absent from Unity, and it will also allow players to explore the frozen Arctic for the first time in the series.

And

source: EPN.TV& GI

Last edited:
Does anyone think they'll have a HD next-gen version of this by Next summer? I'm really interested in this one.

Does anyone think they'll have a HD next-gen version of this by Next summer? I'm really interested in this one.
The game already will be HD. Remasters are all the rage these days and I bet it does get a port considering what Ubisoft did with Liberation

Wouldn't doubt it. Thats one of the reasons im gonna hold off initially. For starters ill be busy with Unity, but also I wanna see if this gets ported to the new consoles.

Thank you Three Musketeers! You've convinced me to just play the waiting game. 8)

The good news is that this year’s other big game, the next-gen Assassin’s Creed Unity, will have multiplayer as well as a new co-op mode.
This statement doesn't quite make sense to me. Co-op is multiplayer, so I don't know why they would write as well. Did they mean competitive multiplayer instead? Because if so, its already been confirmed that that wont be making a return

most multiplayer is competitive (depending) or your out for your self again depends on the mode and since the time of arcades and like double dragon (well til its end) TMnT, Final fight and street of Rage.

There's has always been a split among certain gamers that they aren't fully the same as mp cause co-op your helping your buddy or buddies out and with your not against each other, unless it's a special mode like "sacred" for examples was pushing it where its competitive. or what mario has with some of it's titles . there just some people that don't veiw all as the same.

Last edited:
This statement doesn't quite make sense to me. Co-op is multiplayer, so I don't know why they would write as well. Did they mean competitive multiplayer instead? Because if so, its already been confirmed that that wont be making a return

Thats what im assuming they meant, MP meaning competitive and co op meaning well, co op. But yea, like you stated, wasn't Unity confirmed to NOT be bringing the competitive MP back?

yeah It was true on that part for Unity Pat the co-op and multi player (the latter one of the two not happening) talk was for Unity. it's possible the man made a typo there.

Last edited:
Would not be surprised if this gets an HD next-gen port come 2015.

I don't know though...

Why would they not just release a next-gen version now anyway?

I don't know though...

Why would they not just release a next-gen version now anyway?

Why would they with Unity coming out at the same time? Talk about over saturating the market. I think its bad enough that two different games are coming out within weeks of each other but at least they are one different platforms. If both were on next gen consoles, they'd cannabilize unlike each other's sales with this one likely being more affected

Aside from that, it takes time to port to different consoles and considering this is made by a smaller team than the previous games, they are solely focused on optimizing it for the 360/PS3 and don't have the time or resources to worry about the other consoles until they have completed this

Last edited:
Well to be honest, having them come out at the same time is stupid, regardless of next-gen or current gen.

But since we posted this on our site, we've had loads of people complaining that they sold their last console to buy a next-gen so now they feel excluded.

The whole idea is balls to the wall stupid.

it's to keep the people still on the ps3 from complaining they were abandoned ad before forced to buy next gen when they still aren't financially and mentally ready for it. they said they support the ps3 ad that's what they are doing it in a way that will satify people still clinging to the previous console to the ps4 other wise more b'tch fest which they don't want to hear.

they are keeping those people happy for the time being til they're ready move to the next system it's just a gradual process "why couldn't we have that? why isn't on the system I want to play on? " bah

if that wasn't case / said so often in places comment and forums ETC in play station and Xbox's area's you wouldn't think it would be a problem and then yeah it would be held off for the ps4 xbone at a later date. but But it does happen. they said they'd support the ps3 this is their support. People on there are happy.

Last edited:
Yeah, you have to wean people off it. Online is full of people still using PS3 and 360, and telling them you're just gonna stop making **** for them is bad business.

it's to keep the people still on the ps3 from complaining they were abandoned ad before forced to buy next gen when they still aren't financially and mentally ready for it. they said they support the ps3 ad that's what they are doing it in a way that will satify people still clinging to the previous console to the ps4 other wise more b'tch fest which they don't want to hear.

they are keeping those people happy for the time being til they're ready move to the next system it's just a gradual process "why couldn't we have that? why isn't o the systme I want to play on? " bah

if that wasn't case / said so often in places comment and forums ETC in play station ad Xbox's area's you would't thik it would be a problem and then yeah it would he held off for the ps4 xbone at a later date but But does happen. they said they'd support the ps3 this is their support. People on there are happy.

no is complaining that two games are being made. That was expected as we heard rumblings of this ages ago. Thats not an issue. The issue is releasing two games at the same time. It seems odd and it would have made more sense to space them out by a couple of months

Well to be honest, having them come out at the same time is stupid, regardless of next-gen or current gen.

But since we posted this on our site, we've had loads of people complaining that they sold their last console to buy a next-gen so now they feel excluded.

The whole idea is balls to the wall stupid.
IA on your first statement. I want to play both but will definitely not be getting this, this fall. AC are long and usually take me 30-40 hours to complete everything in single player. I cant jump from Unity into this right away. I will have burned myself out and would hate Rogue as a result. I probably wont be ready for another AC till next winter/spring

no is complaining that two games are being made. That was expected as we heard rumblings of this ages ago. Thats not an issue. The issue is releasing two games at the same time. It seems odd and it would have made more sense to space them out by a couple of months
you misinterpreting what I meant what I stated it's they don't they want to hear that from those players that do that and say they aren't ready for the jump to the next gen system if terry under stood that and he's see's it him self as well ..

what ever I told you I can't be in weird arguments. they do happen and I don't feel like putting examples like whats in place like in game informer oe some other sites ETc with the commentors or forums there or other places where it actually does happen and you being weirded out about it cause people actually act/ think like that and it's counter to what you said. Besides I also agree with what you said that it's not good for sales ether. I just see another reason.

Last edited:
There is a cannibalization risk with how they are releasing these games.

Hah, when Ubi said they hadn't forgot about last gen, they weren't lying.

Wouldn't surprise me if they gave it a new-gen port release at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"