Avatar: The Legend Of Korra - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This moment probably shocked me more then any other moment in this or A:TLA

tumblr_m62w5oWlXC1qh75xeo1_500.gif

I mean... this is a show for kids seven years of age and they blatantly show a man commit suicide to wipe out his own brother. How in the world was this cleared? I love it, but Jeeze was it out of nowhere!

I kind of interpret that act by Tarrlok as his way of saying "The line ends here". He and his brother fleeing to try and get a second chance is the same thing his father did. This way he avoids them ever passing down their 'baggage' and starting this all over again.

I would just like to point out:

Mako wasn't saying that Amon was psychic (mentioned above). He was "turning away attacks with his mind" because he'd subtly use his bloodbending so that the attacker won't notice, but Amon'd make them miss slightly.

That was a beautiful and incredibly sad episode. This is how it's done. :up:

I mean... this is a show for kids seven years of age and they blatantly show a man commit suicide to wipe out his own brother. How in the world was this cleared? I love it, but Jeeze was it out of nowhere!
One of the saddest things ever. :waa: :(

I kind of interpret that act by Tarrlok as his way of saying "The line ends here". He and his brother fleeing to try and get a second chance is the same thing his father did. This way he avoids them ever passing down their 'baggage' and starting this all over again.

It's also a way of ending their bloodline and possibly the "bloodbend multiple people at anytime" strength. It's just too powerful.

If Tarrlok and Amon weren't characterized to be at least a humane in their own ways, they could have easily killed anyone within range with a thought, and we wouldn't even have a show.

Many of the kids that watch this show have already watched Family Guy or other similar shows, Transformers is also watched by children, and we know there are a lot of American Pie type of jokes there. I'm glad this kind of epicness is alowed,
seems like american tv shows are begining to be able to show more onscreen like most japanese shows targeted to these ages do.

During that scene Amon cries, so i bet that he possibly had the same idea that they should die there, i also wonder who the next season's villain will be, and if after this there will be another Avatar show, yeah i'm thinking that far ahead :woot:

I also find it funny, how in the avatar forums one member was complaining that there wasn't any death yet (even if the first half of TLA didn't have a death either :o) and that Legend of Korra was much less serious and adult than the original show since if didn't even have an off-screen death.

Want to know what they think now that they just showed the suicide on screen of two major characters :woot:

Really happy with how things ended. I couldn't imagine a more perfect resolution to Amon's story line. Honestly, it didn't even seem that dark to me. It was sad, to besure, but at the same time it felt like an incredible relief for both of them. Amon would never be able to escape the dark path he had set on and now Tarrlok could finally leave with his brother like he should have done so many years ago.

On a side new, I think Amon's Lieutenant is still alive and might come back next year in some way. The fact that he was voiced by Lance Henriksen makes me think he might have a bigger role at some point. It'd be a shame if he didn't, I liked the look of his character. Fu Manchu's are almost always awesome.

Finally saw it. I was disappointed with the first half an hour, as they went exposition heavy and decided to explain every last little bit.

But the second half was much, much better. I wouldn't call it one of the very best Avatar episodes (top 10), but it was most definitely the best episode of Korra and there was a lot to enjoy. I think one of my major problems is that I wasn't really cheering for Korra or Mako.

- Steve Blum is a God. Amon going terminator on the crew was awesome. I kind of wanted him to win. Him and his brother broke my heart. Also calling it right now, he isn't dead, though if that was his end, what a way to go.

- I also like the fact that Korra truly couldn't beat him in a one v. one battle. She had to try a different approach and I liked that.

- Iroh was everything you would hope for considering the name he carries.

- Asami and Bolin shamed their man/brother in their heroism.

- Speaking of which, Mako came off terribly here, and was one of the things that will keep this from being one of my "favorite" episodes. They upped his power level and just brushed off the fact that he was dating someone else and he declared his love for another.

- Aang in all his glory is up there as possibly one of my favorite moments... ever. It was Aang speaking with every past life of the Avatar in his voice. It was Luke throwing down his lightsaber. Simply euphoric. It was like "Korra, don't worry. The man has got this. I actually shouted my approval. There will never be another Twinkle Toes.

- One more negative, however. How can you tease Bumi like that and then not give me some Bumi/Meelo interaction? For shame. :mad:

Finally, Mako is officially the worse boyfriend in the history of mankind.

Last edited:
Meelo is the greatest character ever on television... ever...
tumblr_m634ziP16t1qbub23o10_r1_250.gif

Can't wait to see Meelo and Bumi take on the world! LOL

@DarthSkywalker...man you're tough to please lol. Maybe I/we over-hyped this for you, but this finale had to be one of the best if not best of of any of the shows. Yeah, sure if you look at your watch and stop at 30mins and say to yourself, "Everything up until this point is meh. Let's see what happens the next 30mins," then yeah I'm sure you were disappointed.

This was easily the best if not in the top 5 or 3. My only qualms would be: 1. Dante Basco's voice being a bit young sounding given the character. 2. Iroh not flying even more all over the place and owning everything with lightning and fire, though he was awesome nonetheless. 3. Maako getting the best of Amon, though I'm sure "love" is what triumphed lol. 4. Not getting some more Bumi, but hey that's what I'm anticipating for next season. Oh can anyone tell me for certain if Bumi is a bender or not?

The more I think about it the more I'm saddened about the demise of Amon and Tarrlok. I almost wished they lived now, but understand that an end to bloodbending and the bloodbending line had to come. Also, yeah I guess Maako did jump ship (see what I did there lol) but hey...if you had to choose getting with the an attractive avatar or a rich attractive girl, I think you would choose the former.

Top notch, both episodes and a fine way to end the first season.

The boat scene between
Noatak & Tarrlok was some powerful stuff, especially when Noatak shed a tear, possibly knowing what his brother had in mind.

I wasn't a fan of how they handle the love triangle but at least it's over now, but Mako is kind of a jerk saying he still cared about Asami, he should've done the honorable thing and break up with her right there.

I feel kind of desensitized to Mako and his man-****ing ways. [BLACKOUT]Fully agreed that he should have definitively ended his relationship with Asami before declaring his love for another girl. There was an unspoken understanding but still.[/BLACKOUT]

Can't wait to see Meelo and Bumi take on the world! LOL

@DarthSkywalker...man you're tough to please lol. Maybe I/we over-hyped this for you, but this finale had to be one of the best if not best of of any of the shows. Yeah, sure if you look at your watch and stop at 30mins and say to yourself, "Everything up until this point is meh. Let's see what happens the next 30mins," then yeah I'm sure you were disappointed.

This was easily the best if not in the top 5 or 3. My only qualms would be: 1. Dante Basco's voice being a bit young sounding given the character. 2. Iroh not flying even more all over the place and owning everything with lightning and fire, though he was awesome nonetheless. 3. Maako getting the best of Amon, though I'm sure "love" is what triumphed lol. 4. Not getting some more Bumi, but hey that's what I'm anticipating for next season. Oh can anyone tell me for certain if Bumi is a bender or not?

The more I think about it the more I'm saddened about the demise of Amon and Tarrlok. I almost wished they lived now, but understand that an end to bloodbending and the bloodbending line had to come. Also, yeah I guess Maako did jump ship (see what I did there lol) but hey...if you had to choose getting with the an attractive avatar or a rich attractive girl, I think you would choose the former.

Nah, not hard to please. Just going through the original series again right now so I don't have to necessarily remember how awesome some episodes are. :woot:

I probably would list it fourth among the season finales, just behind Siege of the North. Not that that is a bad thing. I really enjoyed it and would probably put it in the top 20. If not for Mako and the love triangle, it would definitely be high. It wasn't about the first episode dragging down the second. I judged them separately, as that is what they were.

Mako is shameless.

And yet he was the male lead. That Korra played along wasn't much better. :csad:

Last edited:
I kind of felt that Mako and Asami's conversation ended things though vague. However, seeing how young Iroh really is now I think him and Asami would make an even better couple. Plus it would be the nail in the coffin in insults to her father by getting with another fire bender. lol.

Oh...and since when did lightning bending get so easy lol? Everyone is doing it lol.

Other than Meelo and Bumi's moments I also thought Iroh's expression/response to Bolin not being able to metal bend was funny.

Also, is it me or did anyone else get the feeling that Lin got more powerful after her bending was restored?

@Death.... Man I don't know kind of seem like a hard pleaser. Top 20? Fourth behind all of the season finales:huh: I guess everyone has their opinions and tastes and for that I respect it....but it's making me want to
pull a Tarrlok if we ever go sailing lol jst/kddng.

I see you have unwavering love for TLAB, cool beans.

I almost wish the Tarrlok/Amon ending was the very end of the episode. But that's just me. That, followed by a fade to credits would've completely floored me.
I was also fine with the first half. I think it set up the second half well.
And we didn't burnout on action.

I kind of felt that Mako and Asami's conversation ended things though vague. However, seeing how young Iroh really is now I think him and Asami would make an even better couple. Plus it would be the nail in the coffin in insults to her father by getting with another fire bender. lol.

Oh...and since when did lightning bending get so easy lol? Everyone is doing it lol.

Other than Meelo and Bumi's moments I also thought Iroh's expression/response to Bolin not being able to metal bend was funny.

Also, is it me or did anyone else get the feeling that Lin got more powerful after her bending was restored?

@Death.... Man I don't know kind of seem like a hard pleaser. Top 20? Fourth behind all of the season finales:huh: I guess everyone has their opinions and tastes and for that I respect it....but it's making me want to
pull a Tarrlok if we ever go sailing lol jst/kddng.

I see you have unwavering love for TLAB, cool beans.

You acting like I didn't like it. I did. A lot.

But it definitely isn't "Sozin's Comet" or "The Crossroads of Destiny". I mean, come on. I could see putting it in front of Siege after another viewing, even with Mako there. But after one viewing, straight gut feeling? It didn't stop my world from spinning. Just made me very, very happy. :woot:

I almost wish the Tarrlok/Amon ending was the very end of the episode. But that's just me. That, followed by a fade to credits would've completely floored me.
I was also fine with the first half. I think it set up the second half well.
And we didn't burnout on action.

There were two separate episodes.

I don't know man, I don't know.

Man I need to sop thinking about it, cause the more I do the more I respect Tarrlock and feel bad for the dude. [BLACKOUT]His story and his brothers were ....wow...[/BLACKOUT]

I think Tharrlock was redeemed in many fans eyes, also, i've been checking some episodes of the original show and realised that there were some references to the cosmos, space and the universe, makes me thinking if with this evolution in technology there may one time an Avatar astronaut, but i guess that would be too huge of a step for the fans :D

I don't know man, I don't know.

Man I need to sop thinking about it, cause the more I do the more I respect Tarrlock and feel bad for the dude. [BLACKOUT]His story and his brothers were ....wow...[/BLACKOUT]

I do know man. :woot:

As someone who is close to his [BLACKOUT]brother[/BLACKOUT] and doesn't exactly get along with his father, It could relate. It wasn't however until [BLACKOUT]they met up as adults[/BLACKOUT] that it really hit home. Definitely the best bit. Well other then the obvious.

Still want to punch Mako and yell at Korra that she is far too good for him.

I thought Mako/Asami made it clear enough that yeah Mako cares for her still but isnt in love with her like he is with Korra and she seemed to understand that with the kiss on the cheek. If she thought they were still together than she probably wouldve gone for the lips.

But I loved the finale, though it totally didnt go as I planned. I was fully expecting Korra not to get back her bending but instead find out that what Amon did to everyone was basically put their bending at an infant stage and they would have to relearn everything again which would send Korra and co. around the nations for her to relearn Water/Fire/Earth. It just seems a little to powerful to have a bloodbender be able to permanently take away someones bending. Block for a while sure, but wipe it from them, seems like something only an Avatar should be able to do.

I was expecting to see her go into full Avatar state and kick some butt but I was happy with the way they did it, it was very subtle.

Couldnt stand Irohs voice, it is nice to use one of the original VAs but have them change it up to fit the character. I just had to cringe whenever he opened his mouth.

I was surprised by Tarrlok but I am guessing as already stated he didnt want the cycle to start over again and have him and Amon turn into their father.

Having just got done with the original Avatar series and it is hard to even really compare the two that much since Korra had half the episodes and doesnt have an overall scheme to work towards.

Totally looking foward to the 2nd season and what they will be able to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"