World Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Jeez. Tony must be tiny when out of the suit.

Have you seen the heel length on RDJ's shoes when he plays Tony? I had to laugh and I aint no 6'3" super stud either, but it was funny to see.

There's a new interview with Jeph Loeb and Steven T. Seagle at Comic Book Resources. Here's a key line from Loeb:
what's important is that this is a show that is told in an episodic way, so every single show that starts at the beginning of the hour will end in that half hour.
Sure, he goes on to say that there will be some emotional arcs that develop throughout the season, but forcing each episode to be one-and-done stories is what he forced Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes to do in its second season, which made it the weaker season in my opinion. I just think Loeb has it backwards--a TV series is the exact type of platform where serial storytelling should be encouraged.

Get over it. Not every show has to have season long arcs in order to be good.

Most episodes of B:TAS and Brave and the Bold were standalone half-hour episodes and stories.

Most episodes of B:TAS and Brave and the Bold were standalone half-hour episodes and stories.
I suppose the difference is that a big part of the appeal of Marvel characters to me is continuity and serial storytelling, whereas Batman and other DC characters historically had their roots in episodic storytelling. So sure, maybe Batman works well and best episodically (since Batman never really changes as a character), but I feel that Marvel characters are served best by serial, continuity-heavy shows like Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Well obviously there is a bigger story at work with the Avengers being placed opposite Red Skull's Cabal, but if the episodes stories are resolved in one episode, I don't see the problem.

I suppose the difference is that a big part of the appeal of Marvel characters to me is continuity and serial storytelling, whereas Batman and other DC characters historically had their roots in episodic storytelling. So sure, maybe Batman works well and best episodically (since Batman never really changes as a character), but I feel that Marvel characters are served best by serial, continuity-heavy shows like Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Dude don't mind him, he is nothing, he is nothing more than a loser who doesn't respect anyone's opinion, he is very f**king rude.

Speak your mind and yes I agree with you, serial story telling are the most interesting type and it fits Marvel better. Until Jeph Loab and the rest of the crew leave you just have to make do with what you've got. Besides the show is tolerable at best it's not a bad show, the worst is still Avengers United The Stand.

Me my problem is the animation, it is not as good as USM and Hulk and the agent of S.M.A.S.H, it's nothing like the pics and posters they have showed us.

Have you seen the heel length on RDJ's shoes when he plays Tony? I had to laugh and I aint no 6'3" super stud either, but it was funny to see.
He's not much taller than I am, and I'm 5' 6" tall

what i dont get is why marvel feels the need to make the most popular character the leader. wolverine leading over cyclops, iron man over cap.

wolverine became so popular being the cool side character, kids didnt care that he wasnt the leader

tho going by that i'm suprised they haven't made spider-man a team leader

Wolverine as a team leader is so over-rated... I'm SICK of the popular characters being chosen over the smarter and more intelligent ones...

Wolverine is NOT the be-all and end-all of the Marvel mutants, despite what some of the die-hard Logan fans may say or think...

Wolverine as a team leader is so over-rated... I'm SICK of the popular characters being chosen over the smarter and more intelligent ones...

Wolverine is NOT the be-all and end-all of the Marvel mutants, despite what some of the die-hard Logan fans may say or think...

I am a die-hard wolverine fan and even I think he is better as a follower than a leader even if he is the head master of the school now in the comics which is very interesting

The rating breakdowns don't show the key demo scores for Avengers Assemble. The data being shown doesn't tell the whole story.

Yes, I'm quite aware of that.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes might've drawn the biggest total but that was in male adults 18-49. Sorry but that's not the audience Disney XD wants. They are aiming at younger males with their shows.

How do you know that the total viewership for A:EMH was for adults 18-49? Like the ratings for AA, those ratings for A:EMH didn't show the ratings for the key demographics. So for all we know A:EMH did hit the key young male demographics.

Plus ratings are not as important as toy and merchandise sales, or as I see fans have already failed to learn that from

Very true.

Your uncalled for rudeness aside, this is very true. Sadly, both AA and USM are no where near as well written or well animated as either B:TAS and B:TB&TB.

what i dont get is why marvel feels the need to make the most popular character the leader. wolverine leading over cyclops, iron man over cap.

Because the people in charge of the animated division,the marketing department,and possibly even the people on the creative side just don't "get it".

Actually they do get it. Wolverine is a great character and he's one of the most popular characters that people respond to and are drawn to the most.

That's why a movie like First Class is the lowest grossing X-Men movie of all time. No Wolverine.

Actually they do get it. Wolverine is a great character and he's one of the most popular characters that people respond to and are drawn to the most.

That's why a movie like First Class is the lowest grossing X-Men movie of all time. No Wolverine.

Well if we are going to use that logic, then the reason why WATXM didn't last as long as X-MEN EVO or X-MEN TAS is because Wolverine was the leader in that show. Also, if everything with Wolverine as the focus performs better in terms of viewership, than the WOLVERINE ANIME would have gotten a 2nd season.

That's not the reason it didn't last longer though.

I know that and I never said that it was. I was only trying to point out that using your logic was faulty.
Your logic is the logic that's faulty. You say the people in charge don't "get it." What don't they get?

Iron Man is the most popular character out of any of the movie Avengers characters. It's no secret. Robert Downey Jr. is the biggest star and he got the heaviest marketing and promotion for Avengers. In Earth's Mightiest Heroes he was the leader for most of the show. And this was a show all the hardcore nerds claim to love desperately.

Also didn't all the haters say Ultimate Spider-Man was going to be done and gone after 52 episodes? Season three is already in production.

Your logic is the logic that's faulty. You say the people in charge don't "get it." What don't they get?

They "don't get" that the reason why some characters are so popular is because they are NOT THE LEADER or are in a POSITION OF AUTHORITY. People liked Wolverine because he was the loose cannon rebel who often opposed the leaders of the X-Men (Prof X and Cyclops). Just because a character is insanely popular doesn't mean that said character should be made leader of a team SOLELY because of said character's popularity.

Iron Man is the most popular character out of any of the movie Avengers characters. It's no secret. Robert Downey Jr. is the biggest star and he got the heaviest marketing and promotion for Avengers. In Earth's Mightiest Heroes he was the leader for most of the show. And this was a show all the hardcore nerds claim to love desperately.

He was the first/original leader of the team in the comics. So him being made team leader was fine. Iron Man can lead a team, Wolverine cannot (and should not). That being said, he was only made the team leader in AA solely because of his popularity, which is unnecessary and pointless since he was not the team leader or main focus in the AVENGERS movie (Wheedon has gone on record as saying this movie was mainly about Cap). Kids don't care if IM is the leader as long as he is in the show (the same goes for Wolverine).

Also didn't all the haters say Ultimate Spider-Man was going to be done and gone after 52 episodes? Season three is already in production.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what we were just discussing.

They "don't get" that the reason why some characters are so popular is because they are NOT THE LEADER or are in a POSITION OF AUTHORITY. People liked Wolverine because he was the loose cannon rebel who often opposed the leaders of the X-Men (Prof X and Cyclops). Just because a character is insanely popular doesn't mean that said character should be made leader of a team SOLELY because of said character's popularity.

ABSOLUTELY that...

With all due respect, I wish you would stop telling people to 'Get over it'. I don't see Mod next to your name so I don't see why you feel the need to interject and try to moderate the conversation. I've seen your posts in other forums and you are not nearly as hostile elsewhere, so I'm not sure why the Marvel animation forums brings out these types of responses. The fact is people shouldn't have to to 'Get over' anything. Marvel should expect these types of responses as previous iterations of beloved characters were handled very well, summarily cancelled, and being replaced by what appears to be lesser versions. AA doesn't quite look like the pile of hot garbage that is USM, but at first glance it doesn't seem to measure up to the standard that A:EMH set before it. We'll see how it goes I suppose, but the comparisons are natural and probably unavoidable. JMO.

With all due respect, I wish a lot of people would stop trashing Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man and doing online petitions about Spectacular Spider-Man and Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Shows that are never coming back. Just like Young Justice and its pathetic failed SMGO campaign.

Disagree on the first part, agree on the second. Petitions for this kind of stuff are so one-in-a-million that I honestly wonder why people still attempt them.

But trash them all you want, they're probably a deserving target. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"