World Avengers cartoon - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not castigating Flash's power or potential just in relates to Quicksilver and their relative uniqueness/usefulness on the main teams for both companies. I used to be a fan of Barry Allen's Flash when I was a little kid but the one-trick-ponyness of him just lost me in adulthood when he became Wally West essentially a Spider-man knockoff in characterization. That and there's like Barry Allen, Wally West, Bart Allen, Jay Garrick etc etc, so even as a speed hero it wasn't unique anymore.

I'm merely saying Quicksilver makes a better Avenger than Flash does a JLAer because the JLA has Superman, WW, Aquaman, Captain Marvel, Green Lantern who ALL have some level super speed and like many other powers with it. I continue to NOT understand why the Flash is this stalwart staple in every JLA incarnation. Once in a while..sure, but EVERY time??

The MAIN Avengers team has no one with super speed if Quicksilver isn't there and he's highly underused as a full time member. UNLIKE Flash who is OVERused in every single animated thing DC does no matter how redundant he is to the lineup.

And to Aquaman taking nothing away from Flash, it is preposterous he hasn't been featured in any of JLA DC DVDs ESPECIALLY because he was so pivotal in "TOWER OF BABEL" which that "DOOM" mediocrity was largely based on. They need to shuffle that tired lineup they've been using OR expand it dare say. Why does ALWAYS have to be SEVEN?? And the first one I'd bench is Martian Manhunter due to having a very low fan base as well as having boring characterization and too similar to Superman. And the second is Flash due to power redundancy.

You do realise Flash is the most powerful member of the JLA right? We're not just talking about super speed, we're talking about a guy who is thousands of times faster than the speed of light.

Is there a chance you can post the scene where ms. Marvel and iron man blast thor and the one where thor attecked ultron with ms. Marvel there??

You got it my man, my pleasure. Just let me slow-mo it today and iso capture:cwink: what I feel is the best representation of the stills for Cap, Thor, and Ms. Marvel.

Wow "Alone Against Aim" was a great episode filled with great moments and perhaps a possible foreshadowing to "Civil War" storyline taking place in the future (Season 3) .

Highlights
* Skrull Cap in combat
* The Energy Shield
* The Mark 9 armor
* War Machine's debut
* Hill and Stark
* Captain America promo featuring The Red Skull's return in present day as well as showcasing some other villains set to appear later on in the season's run Terrax and Annihilus!.

Last edited:
You got it my man, my pleasure. Just let me slow-mo it today and iso capture:cwink: what I feel is the best representation of the stills for Cap, Thor, and Ms. Marvel.

Ms. Marvel and Iron Man blasting Thor?

Thor and Ms. Marvel weren't even in this episode though, where could that be from?

Wow "Alone Against Aim" was a great episode filled with great moments and perhaps a possible foreshadowing to "Civil War" storyline taking place in the future (Season 3) .

Highlights
* Skrull Cap in combat
* The Energy Shield
* The Mark 9 armor
* War Machine's debut
* Hill and Stark
* Captain America promo featuring The Red Skull's return in present day as well as showcasing some other villains set to appear later on in the season's run.

The Mark 9 armor looks amazing, it even makes up for Iron Man's weird looking armor from the first season.

So I guess Hulk Agents of Smash is really happening, nice to see Hulk get his own animated series again. Also reading the interview Marvel is still vague on the future of the Avengers, never gave a real answer if the show is going to end or a new one will start. You would think that if this is the final season they would just come out and say it. This is the second interview I've read by someone at Marvel saying they have big plans for the Avengers. I'm guessing the either the show will continue on to a new season or they will continue this show and expand the roster alot bigger and add some new name to it, basically what DC did with Justice League going to Justice League Unlimited. Might be called New Avengers or Mighty Avengers EMH, with most of the members plus 20 or 30 other Avengers on the show with them.

Fury's Skrull board suspects
aemhskrullboard.png

This week's episode was good. Technovore was cool. Can't wait for next week.

man i want some Thor this weeks episode was good i really liked it and Iron Man's new suit looks great!

Finally got to watch the Episode. Pretty good. Seeing Doom kick everyone's ass was more fun though. Btw, Aren't A.I.M. basically a bunch of nerds? Why is everyone so damn tall? And Warmachine just killed a whole lot of them didn't he? Also, Cap using guns. :p

captainamericafiringgun.jpg

Btw, Aren't A.I.M. basically a bunch of nerds? Why is everyone so damn tall?

I noticed that too. Personally, I think their suits add height.

I liked this episode. War Machine appearing this early on in the season was a real treat for me. All in all, it was a good one.

Now all I need to see is Miss Marvel's debut, (not fanboy-speak, but psyched the Avengers'll get a new female member-speak), and I'll be good.

This week's episode was good, but not exactly a highlight episode. It was basically a par for the course episode of the show.

Maannnnn I still can't "get" this episode, or Ultimate Spider-man but I don't care about that one too much lol

This week's episode was good, but not exactly a highlight episode. It was basically a par for the course episode of the show.

Agreed, I found last week's episode to be much more exciting, action packed, and a much better episode overall.

Although Iron Man new suit is all kinds of awesome and War Machine kicked a ton of ass in his first appearance.

Agreed, I found last week's episode to be much more exciting, action packed, and a much better episode overall.

Although Iron Man new suit is all kinds of awesome and War Machine kicked a ton of ass in his first appearance.

Well, at least these past two episodes can allow the complainers saying they were saving the world every episode can shut up now, right?

I have to admit, I thought the crossover with FF would be poorly done, I was SO pleased to be proven wrong. And Doctor Doom was just...PERFECT.

And we all know this show has good episodes and better episodes.

Next weekend, Amora's after the MoE for Zemo's attempt to collar her. That'll be promising.

OOH! This could be the episode Wonder Man's brain waves are collected, since the Enchantress probably doesn't have any use for him anymore.

Well, at least these past two episodes can allow the complainers saying they were saving the world every episode can shut up now, right?

I don't see how that's not a legitimate complaint. After all, smaller, less-epic episodes provide some nice relaxation and breathing room between epic, grand stories, and allow more variety for the stories that are told. I felt that a big flaw in the second half of the season was how many "epic, save the world" stories were stacked next to each other and dragged on, making the show a bit tiresome. These last two episodes should provide the calm before the huge ****storm that will follow it in the next few weeks.

I don't see how that's not a legitimate complaint. After all, smaller, less-epic episodes provide some nice relaxation and breathing room between epic, grand stories, and allow more variety for the stories that are told. I felt that a big flaw in the second half of the season was how many "epic, save the world" stories were stacked next to each other and dragged on, making the show a bit tiresome. These last two episodes should provide the calm before the huge ****storm that will follow it in the next few weeks.

Well, the less-epic episodes didn't stop with this one. We've got at least four or five more to go probably before the team learns about the Skrulls.

Episode 34, "Who do you Trust?" to be precise.

Last edited:

I have to admit, I thought the crossover with FF would be poorly done, I was SO pleased to be proven wrong. And Doctor Doom was just...PERFECT.

And we all know this show has good episodes and better episodes.

Next weekend, Amora's after the MoE for Zemo's attempt to collar her. That'll be promising.

OOH! This could be the episode Wonder Man's brain waves are collected, since the Enchantress probably doesn't have any use for him anymore.

Agreed on all counts and I can't wait to see Amora return in next week's episode hopefully she has Executioner by her side as well.

The Kree are coming in two weeks as well. The epicness will be ratcheted up soon, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"