World Avengers cartoon - Part 5

oops, forgot about X-Men Evolution with four seasons...

face it, when it comes to quality animateds, DC wins hands down... until they get a better creative force going for them, Marvel will always be second best in the animated field...

I've been saying this for years, DC is without a doubt the best when it comes to animated movies/tv shows.

But they can't get there live action stuff to quality marvel studios has gotten. So one is good for one other is good for the other lol.

But they can't get there live action stuff to quality marvel studios has gotten. So one is good for one other is good for the other lol.

Yep, live action movies make more money but animated movies are more faithful and have far better action.

Ya that is what I was trying to get at both has there plus anss minus. But as a fan to both marvel and dc. Would be great to see both have equal success in animated/live action stuff.

Ya that is what I was trying to get at both has there plus anss minus. But as a fan to both marvel and dc. Would be great to see both have equal success in animated/live action stuff.

Yeah I would very much like that. Let there be a war, so that we as comic book fans enjoy the battle lol.

I just watched the Spiderman episode and it was good overall but... Drake Bell is just not a good fit for Spiderman imo. They removed Josh Keaton for this? Parker is supposed to be 17 in this and he sounds like a 12 or 13 yo if not even younger. I did like Spidey's characterization though, that was the Spiderman that I grew up with.

Last edited:
what's the Avengers got to do with USM?...

Hey man I just read your review and watched the episode and I think some your quibbles is kind of false. The shield didn't behave like his old one, it didn't move in a circular motion, nor like a batarang. When it hit that guy it did bounce back, but think of it like a stone.

If you hit a hard suffuse with a stone with great strength, it will bounce back and hit you in the face if your not careful.

That's how his shield behaved. He hardly throw it and kept on fighting with it on his hands. He throw it again and it didn't bounce back hence he got scratched by one of the snakes men.

The episode showed the limitations of the shield and it was very evident watching the fight.

Yes spider-man does say jokes in order to kool the situation but sometimes he feels to give up and his not afraid to say it, especially when its a very heavy object on top of him.

I have seen him do that many times and it reminded me of the time when he was getting medicine for ant may when something collapsed on him and he felt this is it.

Yes the whole redubbing thing was a dick move. But it was probably a corp reason and can't blame josh or drake on what happened. Still I thought bell wasn't that bad playing a more traditional spidey then the in your face puns and 4th wall of usm. The issue really is he just isn't as strong as a voice actor yet compared to his singing and past live action acting work.

He will never be the rest are all way better than him, well accept for the mtv one

Nothing wrong with Bell's performance in this episode. It worked perfectly well for an adolescent Spider-Man.

There's no dick move about it as this is the nature of the business. Actors are hired guns and if they don't like their performance they are replaced. Eric Stoltz was told he was not funny as Marty McFly and was fired and was replaced by Michael J. Fox. No one came to Stoltz's defense there. Keaton himself has been summarily replaced and re-recorded on other voice acting gigs and no one complained about it then either.

The only reason fans are upset is because they have this mob-mentality toward hating on moves Marvel Animation makes now. The cult-like and religious connection they feel to Spectacular Spider-Man is stupid as it's just a freaking cartoon. Frankly it's not even my favorite Spider-Man cartoon or performance for the character.

Multiple different actors for years have portrayed these characters and that will likely continue for years. One actor doesn't have ownership over the character. Sure Kevin Konroy is our favorite voice-over actor for Batman but that doesn't mean other actors can't be allowed to play the character or even do it well. While I wasn't a huge fan of the show, I think Deidrich Bader did some decent work on Brave and The Bold and I can understand the appeal.

Last edited:
The whole re-dubbing deal just feels so unnecessary. WHY would an obvious nod at fans of Spectacular Spider-Man need to go through the trouble of being changed just for a lame shot at advertising the new show?

I get that there are other voices for the character. While I love Josh as Spidey, I don't mind other voice actors. I would have been perfectly fine if Drake Bell had been cast from the start. He was OK in this episode, and shows that he can do good if given a good scrip and competent voice direction. But knowing that he was replaced at the last minute and without the producers' consent just makes it stink of George Lucas-tier meddling.

The whole re-dubbing deal just feels so unnecessary. WHY would an obvious nod at fans of Spectacular Spider-Man need to go through the trouble of being changed just for a lame shot at advertising the new show?

:whatever:

Get over it. Not everyone that originated their roles from BTAS and STAS returned for Justice League. Not everything has to be a nod to an existing cartoon.

And that's why this is all so silly because Spectacular fans were desperate for this to be "their" conclusion to Spectacular Spider-Man which they don't have now even though they aren't the same characters.

I get that there are other voices for the character. While I love Josh as Spidey, I don't mind other voice actors. I would have been perfectly fine if Drake Bell had been cast from the start. He was OK in this episode, and shows that he can do good if given a good scrip and competent voice direction. But knowing that he was replaced at the last minute and without the producers' consent just makes it stink of George Lucas-tier meddling.

Do you have any proof it was done without consent? I guarantee you don't. It wouldn't be like George Lucas unless the version with Josh Keaton was the version that was actually released for a while but then they redubbed it for DVD and you could never hear the Keaton versions again.

Hey man I just read your review and watched the episode and I think some your quibbles is kind of false. The shield didn't behave like his old one, it didn't move in a circular motion, nor like a batarang. When it hit that guy it did bounce back, but think of it like a stone.

If you hit a hard suffuse with a stone with great strength, it will bounce back and hit you in the face if your not careful.

That's how his shield behaved. He hardly throw it and kept on fighting with it on his hands. He throw it again and it didn't bounce back hence he got scratched by one of the snakes men.

The episode showed the limitations of the shield and it was very evident watching the fight.
First of all, thanks for reading and responding, I really appreciate it.

[YT]oAA0_dZN0bE[/YT]
I was referring to the bit at 0:40 (just for clarity's sake). Cap chucks the shield at Rattler, it hits, and hit spins right back to his hand just the way his vibranium shield would. And yes, in the rest of the episode the shield is harder to use. But I thought this moment was worth mentioning because it was a red flag for me. The shield isn't a stone like you say, it's a flat disc that's not aerodynamic. Maybe I'm being unfair, but I felt strongly that that particular moment was a foul.

Yes spider-man does say jokes in order to kool the situation but sometimes he feels to give up and his not afraid to say it, especially when its a very heavy object on top of him.

I have seen him do that many times and it reminded me of the time when he was getting medicine for ant may when something collapsed on him and he felt this is it.

I still felt watching the show that Spidey didn't have enough good material. If he'd cracked a joke when he first got under the beam, then later fell into "it's too heavy", then that would have made it feel much more dramatic and serious.

Get over it. Not everyone that originated their roles from BTAS and STAS returned for Justice League. Not everything has to be a nod to an existing cartoon.

And that's why this is all so silly because Spectacular fans were desperate for this to be "their" conclusion to Spectacular Spider-Man which they don't have now even though they aren't the same characters.
If it had been Bell from the start it would be a different story. Then I wouldn't even care about connecting it to Spectacular (though I'd be mildly disappointed). But that's not what happened: it was gonna be Keaton, and then it was Bell. And I know full well that having Keaton in the role wouldn't make it canon with Spectacular any more than Bell makes it canon with Ultimate. And like I said, Bell does fine in the role. I'm just expressing how I felt at the time. I didn't need a conclusion, I just would have appreciated the nod to my favorite Spider-Man show. I didn't like it when the news broke, but I've calmed down since then. I felt it was worth mentioning in my article because it's part of all the bad publicity that Ultimate's been getting with the fans.

First of all, thanks for reading and responding, I really appreciate it.

[YT]oAA0_dZN0bE[/YT]
I was referring to the bit at 0:40 (just for clarity's sake). Cap chucks the shield at Rattler, it hits, and hit spins right back to his hand just the way his vibranium shield would. And yes, in the rest of the episode the shield is harder to use. But I thought this moment was worth mentioning because it was a red flag for me. The shield isn't a stone like you say, it's a flat disc that's not aerodynamic. Maybe I'm being unfair, but I felt strongly that that particular moment was a foul.

I still felt watching the show that Spidey didn't have enough good material. If he'd cracked a joke when he first got under the beam, then later fell into "it's too heavy", then that would have made it feel much more dramatic and serious.

If it had been Bell from the start it would be a different story. Then I wouldn't even care about connecting it to Spectacular (though I'd be mildly disappointed). But that's not what happened: it was gonna be Keaton, and then it was Bell. And I know full well that having Keaton in the role wouldn't make it canon with Spectacular any more than Bell makes it canon with Ultimate. And like I said, Bell does fine in the role. I'm just expressing how I felt at the time. I didn't need a conclusion, I just would have appreciated the nod to my favorite Spider-Man show. I didn't like it when the news broke, but I've calmed down since then. I felt it was worth mentioning in my article because it's part of all the bad publicity that Ultimate's been getting with the fans.

That's kool man and don't mind that guy let him talk all he wants.

[YT]oAA0_dZN0bE[/YT]

You are being unfair because lots of stuff happens in this cartoon that is not physically possible or you never really see happen in real life. The shield when he throws it just goes straight but then it spins back. Just chalk it up to being an odd animation error and move on. Not unlike Cap's shield was destroyed in the first season finale and then it shows up intact in another shot. Movies and TV shows are littered with continuity and logic errors if you look hard enough.

I thought Cap motivating Spider-Man while the sewer rubble was collapsing was inspiring stuff. Had Spidey not held on for those few moments for the Avengers to show up and help they very well might've been mush.

Deep down you did because as you say above you still would've been disappointed. Deep down for you this was going to be your emotional conclusion for Spectacular.

The only bad publicity in this matter is really to an unrealistic and foolish notion that fans feel this show must be beholden to a dead cartoon show Marvel does not own the rights for.

I don't think it wouldn't have been as nuts as it is if we didn't know in advance josh did do work for emh. I never remember having it confirmed just there was rumors he might have. If we didn't know I bet it wouldn't be that bad. Now sure I was a little pissed too but I do hope marvel some day rreleases josh take on the episodes.

Truth is, if we didn't know it would have been ok. But rumours long time ago in the past were saying Josh will do the voice of spider-man and next thing you know Josh confirmed on tweeter that he did do voice over for the character when they made drake do the voice instead.

But hey it was all good though, it would have been more epic if Josh did the voice, think about it.

Avengers earth's mightiest heroes is ending while spectacular did end, and it would have been an end to the old and in with the new marvel that would have been very kool.

Putting the spectacular cast with the EMH cast would have had an epic conclusion and satisfactory and have people move on.

:whatever:

Get over it.

Could you just stop ordering people to "get over it"? Everyone here is allowed to have and express their own opinions about the matter. You don't have the right to try and force other people to stop saying things you disagree with. You have gone over the edge into trolling on this. If you don't like a post perhaps you should skip over it if you can't be civil and adult about differing opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"