World Avengers cartoon - Part 5

Could you just stop ordering people to "get over it"? Everyone here is allowed to have and express their own opinions about the matter. You don't have the right to try and force other people to stop saying things you disagree with. You have gone over the edge into trolling on this. If you don't like a post perhaps you should skip over it if you can't be civil and adult about differing opinions.

:up: THANK you...

Could you just stop ordering people to "get over it"? Everyone here is allowed to have and express their own opinions about the matter. You don't have the right to try and force other people to stop saying things you disagree with. You have gone over the edge into trolling on this. If you don't like a post perhaps you should skip over it if you can't be civil and adult about differing opinions.

I'm extremely civil compared to views people have expressed online towards Marvel Animation as of late. It's funny you talk about being civil and adult when some of the complaints I've seen towards Ultimate Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers, Drake Bell, etc. are anything but.

I'm extremely civil compared to views people have expressed online towards Marvel Animation as of late. It's funny you talk about being civil and adult when some of the complaints I've seen towards Ultimate Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers, Drake Bell, etc. are anything but.

The people at Marvel Animation are grown. They can take whatever their fans -- or detractors -- dish out. Criticism, even harsh criticism, is part of the business. If they aren't used to it they need to grow thicker skin. And, for the record, the guys at Man of Action have publicly responded to the fans who dislike USM, so it's pretty clear that they are capable of defending themselves.

[YT]A_fsoeV0AUM[/YT]

(They seem detached from reality in that interview, or perhaps in denial, but whatever.)

To get back on point, these boards exist for fans to express themselves. Disliking something, pointing out its shortcomings and saying it needs improvement is allowed here. People who have weighed in on the USM/EMH situation have done so within the rules of the site. As long as we do follow the rules, we should be able to say what we think without having anyone (other than the mods) tell us to stop or get over it.

while i tend to disagree with thevileone, how are you or anyone else allowed to express your opinion on a given topic but he is not? i understand not liking what he has to say but your argument against it is hypocritical. if you don't like what he has to say then put him on ignore and move on. or don't and continue to agrue with each other till you develop carpal tunnel syndrome, your call.

Another thing to think of as bad as things are/is for crews invovled on shows some times they are not allowed to say dissing remarks/or anything due to nda or while under contract.

Great, now avengers is tainted with controversy, that's just great.

No it isn't. Folks are just endlessly bashing loeb/moa and we still yet to see what will new show be like. And hell therre control on last few episodes of emh wasn't bad besides powerless episode.

while i tend to disagree with thevileone, how are you or anyone else allowed to express your opinion on a given topic but he is not? i understand not liking what he has to say but your argument against it is hypocritical. if you don't like what he has to say then put him on ignore and move on. or don't and continue to agrue with each other till you develop carpal tunnel syndrome, your call.

The problem was not that he was expressing an opinion, but that he has been repeatedly ordering other people to stop saying things he disagrees with. It's one thing to say that one is satisfied with the cartoon(s) and doesn't have any problem with the way things are being done, and quite another to tell everyone who disagrees to "get over it" and stop posting their own opinions. Asking that someone stop trying to bully others into silence isn't hypocritical at all, since I never suggested that he stop posting his opinions altogether, just respect other peoples' right to do the same.

I'm not ordering anyone to do anything. People are harping on the same nonsense over and over again and I'm simply pointing out how silly it is.

Like the re-dubbing thing and how people lost their minds over it. To me it didn't take away from the episode or make it a bad episode. I thought Drake Bell sounded suitably fine as Spider-Man in that episode. Josh Keaton doesn't own the role and he's not the only voice actor that's done a good job of playing Spider-Man. The executive producers of the series if they want to replace certain talent they have the right to do it. Josh Keaton is a freelancer he's not exclusive to Marvel and he doesn't have power to keep his work from getting dubbed over. Guess what this happens all the time in movies.

Do u know what else? When you watch many of the classic Bond movies, almost all of those actors playing opposite Sean Connery had their voices dubbed over. That's NOT Ursula Andress' voice you are hearing in Dr. No. Fanboys simply like to have selective memory and don't want to cope with the fact that this is the nature of the business.

In addition to other irrational behavior, fans lost it because they saw a clip thinking Sandman became a little kid when it turned out the actual episode featured a pretty faithful interpretation of classic Sandman. Fans are ready to hate on anything USM does because they are pre-conditioned to be petty, hateful, and spiteful about it.

No one said that drake bell was bad in the episode, people are even saying that he sounds better there than in USM due to the more grown up and traditional script he was given.

But people have the right to say things about the show with out any other member judgement over them cause of what they said and how many time they say it.

The problem is that thevileone is treating the people's comment as been just fanboys, defending anything that relates to Jeph Loab. And I know fanboys trust me, I see them in game websites, x-box fanboys, pc fanboys and ps3 fanboys, those guys need smarking lol. I understand your frustration with fanboys, they can be very annoying.

Some people over exaggerate with words, myself included at one time and I apologise for that wont happen again, but the truth is they wished that there was no re dubbing and it's not just fans of the show.

I felt that the re-dubbing was unnecessary, if the show was going to be cancelled and replaced with a new show, why not just let they original team just do there thing with no interference and finish it.

The man of action did very interesting episodes in the show, but I would have preferred that they where not involved, so that the show fully belongs to chris yost and co while Jeph loab start fresh with the new marvel and if Chris Yost wanted Josh, you give him Josh.

That would have given fans memory of there two favourite shows spectacular and AMHs and a closure to the old marvel and move on beginning with the new.

theVileone please don't take this the wrong way and with all due respect, when you defend the action of Jeph and co you come out as more annoying than debating, with slogans like haters going to hate. You are talking to grown ups who give there opinion and a reason for it.

You can defend Jeph and co's action smartly, telling them what you like and what you think of the show like webhead does. He defends the show and the actions of Jeph but he is not aggressive and doesn't come out as annoying.

Your massage is not getting across with the tone you give, you actually sound more of a fanboy than the ones you claim as fanboys trust me.

I too was like you the more I was defending a game the way you where and I was attacked left right and centre and after I read all my comments I saw I was defending people who don't know me and I realised that all this words are coming out the wrong way and I stopped.

The ending of the shows and the new direction Jeph and co are taking with the new are still fresh, it will take a while for people to get over it and move on, don't worry about them.

You like the things that are happening, kool, you enjoy the cartoons the way it is, kool, you do not need no one to enjoy it with you. Let people say what they want to say, if it doesn't meet your standards forget them, like a smart person one's said " Different stroke for different folk".

It's all good.

Last edited:
So I finally FINALLY watched through all of Season 2 of Avengers, I haven't watched the show since the first season ended. And have been itching for it ever since but just didn't have time to catch the episodes until now. Fantastic! This show was definitely the best MArvel cartoon I've ever seen. The second season was almost like "Marvel Universe:The Cartoon Starring the Avengers". It was great the amount of characters that appeared. I'm baffled this show was cancelled.

I mean come on! This is Marvel's equivalent to Justice League/JLU cartoon. I thought the stories were just fantastic and gave me smiles left and right. I mean Galactus? Surtur? Red Hulk? Gaurdians of the Galaxy? Kree AND Skrull invasions? Red Skull and Winter Soldier? DR. DOOM? Beta Ray Bill? Iron Fist AND Luke Cage? Not to forget the awesome Spider-Man action going on! The amount of stuff in this seasons was just insane and fit perfectly. I'm just so disappointed this show was cancelled. This is the third Marvel show I really liked that was cancelled(after Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men). I just don't get why the good ones only go...:(

Don't worry man I am sure we will get good ones again and with a stable network things will likely stay on longer

Don't worry man I am sure we will get good ones again and with a stable network things will likely stay on longer

That's the problem with Disney XD -- it isn't a "stable network". That is the reason Disney is jerking around its cartoon schedule so much. They just don't have the numbers and haven't been able to make improvements. For the 2nd quarter of this year, Disney reported that XD had 390,000 total viewers, which is frankly pathetic. The fact that this was its most-watched quarter in its ten year history is enough to tell you that the network has spent a decade floundering, with only insignificant gains in viewers.

With XD reporting numbers like those, it is impossible to believe the corporate spin that USM or any of its shows can be considered ratings hits. On any other network their entire slate would be thought of as bombs.

XD ratings figures from here: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratin...d-across-all-demos-839514/20120626disneyxd01/

It should be noted that despite what Loeb has been saying about the network's ratings, their own press releases paint a bleaker picture once you cut through the happy talk nonsense. The press release is careful to compare XD's numbers to Nicktoons because it doesn't stack up against Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network. Nickelodeon can get over 2 million viewers for a Sunday morning repeat of Spongebob while XD is crowing over a few hundred thousand viewers for USM.

Then they should move to disney channel, abc and abc family or change disney xd to be a basic channel

Keep in mind that Disney XD isn't available in as many homes as Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel. DXD's ratings are always going to be lower than those channels.

which is why the should move diney xd to become more available for everyone.

It would be cool if it was brought down to a lower tier cable/satalite channel so then more folks can watch the network.

Once again that's not happening. They want Disney XD as the destination for boys/action shows and Marvel Animation. The idea is to use that to grow the network, but oh well.

Nicktoons is seriously the only channel I watch that has decent cartoons 24/7, but they're starting to fall into that live action trap.

Once again that's not happening. They want Disney XD as the destination for boys/action shows and Marvel Animation. The idea is to use that to grow the network, but oh well.

Which proves that not all ideas are "good" ideas.

I'm not saying it's good but that's what it is and they are sticking to that. We aren't programmers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"