Infinity War Avengers: Infinity War SPOILER User Review Thread - Part 2

I doubt that, but Soulworld will no doubt be important.

I doubt that, but Soulworld will no doubt be important.
If it indeed exists.

The concept of the Soul Dimension seems a bit of a cop out to me; it's suddenly expected to house half of all sentient life? For what possible reason? Restoration? Presumably it wasn't created with the intent to combine with the other stones and erase half the universe.

The concept/idea is an interesting one, but I think it's just misguided fan hype/speculation at this point. We don't yet seem to know just what the soul stone is for (we know the purpose of the others). I can't imagine Bucky, Quill, Peter, Drax, Groot (and half of the universe) is all partying in some other dimension within the confinements of a stone.

If it indeed exists.

The concept of the Soul Dimension seems a bit of a cop out to me; it's suddenly expected to house half of all sentient life? For what possible reason? Restoration? Presumably it wasn't created with the intent to combine with the other stones and erase half the universe.

The concept/idea is an interesting one, but I think it's just misguided fan hype/speculation at this point. We don't yet seem to know just what the soul stone is for (we know the purpose of the others). I can't imagine Bucky, Quill, Peter, Drax, Groot (and half of the universe) is all partying in some other dimension within the confinements of a stone.

It's not a cop out. Think of conservation of mass and energy: nothing can ever be destroyed. It just takes another form, etc. So applying that logic, but in a more mystical realm, if you make half the universe disappear, that all has to go SOMEWHERE. So Soulworld being that place is rooted in scientific principles.

It's not a cop out. Think of conservation of mass and energy: nothing can ever be destroyed. It just takes another form, etc. So applying that logic, but in a more mystical realm, if you make half the universe disappear, that all has to go SOMEWHERE. So Soulworld being that place is rooted in scientific principles.
If you were to kill half of the global population and then throw their bodies into a giant pool of acid or set them alight, they wouldn't go anywhere. They'd just dissolve or burn.

We saw them all turn to dust; so that's where they're currently at as far as I'm concerned, at least until we have something else to show for it. Blown away with the wind.

If you were to kill half of the global population and then throw their bodies into a giant pool of acid or set them alight, they wouldn't go anywhere. They'd just dissolve or burn.

We saw them all turn to dust; so that's where they're currently at as far as I'm concerned, at least until we have something else to show for it. Blown away with the wind.

Yes they would. All those you put into acid would now take the form of gas. Are you familiar with the conservation of mass and energy? Think of water. Water has 3 forms it can take: solid, liquid, or gas. Your ice cube melts into water, which evaporates into vapor, and rinse repeat the cycle. Same logic applies to people. In your example, it is the same as my melting ice cube. They take another form. Nothing is actually destroyed. Vapor/gas is still a form. So, if we apply science to the mystic (like the MCU always has) then even Thanos cannot break the law of conservation of mass/energy. All those dusted need to take another form somewhere. So Soulworld makes a lot of sense.

Yes they would. All those you put into acid would now take the form of gas. Are you familiar with the conservation of mass and energy? Think of water. Water has 3 forms it can take: solid, liquid, or gas. Your ice cube melts into water, which evaporates into vapor, and rinse repeat the cycle. Same logic applies to people. In your example, it is the same as my melting ice cube. They take another form. Nothing is actually destroyed. Vapor/gas is still a form. So, if we apply science to the mystic (like the MCU always has) then even Thanos cannot break the law of conservation of mass/energy. All those dusted need to take another form somewhere. So Soulworld makes a lot of sense.
They have taken another form. They've turned to cosmic dust.

Edit: If you wish to believe in the soul stone theory, then by all means, do so, you're more than entitled. :) I'd just feel cheated if that were the case. If everyone who's died is actually alive and well in the soul stone, what purpose is there to restoring them?

They have taken another form. They've turned to cosmic dust.

That's not what Thanos said he did. He said specifically that they will cease to exist when talking to Strange on Titan. Meaning he has removed them from our dimension entirely. You cannot do that without relocating all that mass/energy. Now we get into Multiverse theory and such, which is where Soulworld comes in. We already know multiverse theory and such is widely speculated to be part of Avengers 4 (and likely time travel). All this lines up.

That's not what Thanos said he did. He said specifically that they will cease to exist when talking to Strange on Titan. Meaning he has removed them from our dimension entirely. You cannot do that without relocating all that energy. Now we get into Multiverse theory and such, which is where Soulworld comes in.
He did, but he may not have meant it in the literal sense you've interpreted.

We already have seen Soulworld in IW. So we know it exists, so this conclusion is only logical.

We already have seen Soulworld in IW. So we know it exists, so this conclusion is only logical.
It's plausible. We've seen something (from the perspective of Thanos) that may be this soul world, but it's only Gamora that resides within (a soul for a soul). Why would the souls of everyone else go there? Gamora was sacrificed. Nobody else was.

It's plausible. We've seen something (from the perspective of Thanos) that may be this soul world, but it's only Gamora that resides within (a soul for a soul). Why would the souls of everyone else go there? Gamora was sacrificed. Nobody else was.

To obtain the stone, it required a sacrifice. Not using it once you have it. We don't know the soul stone's power to this point, so combined with the other stones, him doing that is plausible.

To obtain the stone, it required a sacrifice. Not using it once you have it. We don't know the soul stone's power to this point, so combined with the other stones, him doing that is plausible.
This much we have established, however truth be told, we're both speculating - you think everyone erased resides within the soul stone (with Gamora) and I don't. Short of repeating ourselves and going in circles, I think it's best we just depart with our respective opinions on this. :)

Edit: I'll be back around May, 2019. ;)

Last edited:
Odin in his prime (the MCU version) vs Thanos. Who wins?

Hmm, Odin would definitely beat Thanos sans gauntlet. With the gauntlet... I think it'd be really close, but Odin still wins.

Thanos wins with the Gauntlet. He just has to snap his fingers.

I think so too. I kind of wish we got a line about how Thanos started his quest to get the stones in earnest upon learning of Odin’s death. Would explain why he waited so long.

Anyway the FX continue to amaze me. Watching it at home and I noticed little things like the hairs on Thanos’ arms.

I am gonna side with Spider-Fan here. While I don't know if it is specifically the soul-world where they went, it makes sense that the ones dusted basically went off to another dimension.

Also, in the scene on Titan when Strange and Thanos are discussing, Thanos specifically calls out that him using the stones and snap for his purpose is basically "mercy". As in, its better than him going to every planet and slaughtering half its population. So I do believe the ones dusted were just removed from this dimension and sent somewhere else maybe in some other form too.

It's a stretch, but does Infinity War foreshadow the obvious coming of the Fantastic Four by highlighting their powers?

I've seen the movie a few times now and the more I see it, the more I'm convinced that yes it does.

To me, just a few scenes kind of give the Fantastic Four a little nudge.

Scene 1: The battle in New York. Power 1.

As Tony, Bruce, Strange and Wong are about ready to battle Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw, paraphrasing here but Tony asks Bruce "Where's your guy?" Bruce replies "I don't know, we're sort of having a THING." Tony replies, "There's no time for a THING, that's a THING right there." As he points to a charging Cull Obsidian. Obsidian is a form of rock right? And remember they chose to rename his original name of Black Dwarf to Cull Obsidian. There is also bricks on the floor as Cull Obsidian is charging.

Scene 2: Guardians of The Galaxy intro scene. Power 2.

The song playing is RUBBERBAND MAN and the lyrics go something like, Hey Ya'll prepare yourself for the RUBBERBAND MAN. Then the camera pans out and the only show 4 of the Guardians. 1 of which is female.

Scene 3: Drax pretending he is INVISIBLE. Power 3

Scene 4: Thor takes the full force of the star. Power 4

What is a star? A sun. What do suns do. They burn. Thor is on fire as they are trying to make the STORMBREAKER. Which Fantastic Four has the power of fire? Johnny STORM.

So scene 1 highlights strength, Ben Grimm, The Thing. Scene 2 elasticity, Reed Richards, Mr Fantastic. Scene 3 Sue Storm, invisibility. Scene 4, fire, Johnny Storm.

I said it was a stretch.

Yeah, and the Gauntlet is a metal glove. You know who else has metal gloves! Also, Thanos wants to prevent the universe from annihilating itself! Ooo, and they keep saying Thanos is insane. Another word for that is crazy or psycho!

I think the A4 post credits has to be some kind of fantastic 4/x-men tease right? Can't not be. I think its either that or just no post credits

Hmm, Odin would definitely beat Thanos sans gauntlet. With the gauntlet... I think it'd be really close, but Odin still wins.
Thanos wins with the Gauntlet. He just has to snap his fingers.
I'm with Spider-Fan (on this). With a working Gauntlet, Thanos is practically unstoppable. That's a lot of power he's wielding. Presumably he'd need to be defeated without it in the sequel, unless our heroes can somehow get it off him?

Also, in the scene on Titan when Strange and Thanos are discussing, Thanos specifically calls out that him using the stones and snap for his purpose is basically "mercy". As in, its better than him going to every planet and slaughtering half its population. So I do believe the ones dusted were just removed from this dimension and sent somewhere else maybe in some other form too.
But how would Thanos even know that? The problem I've got with half of existence now living elsewhere, is if everyone is still alive, then Thanos hasn't done anything wrong. He'd have just as well come along and said "okay guys, there's not enough resources here, but I have a solution. I'm going to gather these stones, snap my fingers, and then half of all life will simply go and live somewhere else". It would have been a totally different scenario. Pretty sure it was mentioned (by Gamora) tha Thanos was wiping people from existence. If they're residing in the soul stone, then they still exist.

Yeah, those are good points but the word existence can mean different things in a reality where there are multiple dimensions. :) Its an interesting debate as there is no real right or wrong here but I just like the idea of how the concept of energy can be considered as a base for what these stones can do. In my head, its Thanos who simply desires as he snaps his fingers that half the population across this universe must cease to exist in this dimension so that the resource crunch does not happen. I think he could care less what happens in some other dimension or reality.

I'm with Spider-Fan (on this). With a working Gauntlet, Thanos is practically unstoppable. That's a lot of power he's wielding. Presumably he'd need to be defeated without it in the sequel, unless our heroes can somehow get it off him?

But how would Thanos even know that? The problem I've got with half of existence now living elsewhere, is if everyone is still alive, then Thanos hasn't done anything wrong. He'd have just as well come along and said "okay guys, there's not enough resources here, but I have a solution. I'm going to gather these stones, snap my fingers, and then half of all life will simply go and live somewhere else". It would have been a totally different scenario. Pretty sure it was mentioned (by Gamora) tha Thanos was wiping people from existence. If they're residing in the soul stone, then they still exist.

I think you're confusing existing and living. Going back to my example of you throwing people into acid, they still exist in some form. But, we don't think of gas as an entity, so to us there is effectively nothing of those people left. The peole melted in that acid are no longer alive, but they still exist. In Soulworld, they may exist, but that doesn't mean they're alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"