Avengers Infinity War vs The Batman

Spider-Aziz

Dummy Dragon Holo
Reaction score
A certain comment encouraged me start this thread, and you know it's bound to happen on this site anyway.

I'm not including a poll, you should talk about your feelings. :oldrazz:

And here, not posters, but you have the next best thing.

the-avengers-infinity-war.gif

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

the-batman.gif

THE BATMAN

Which movie did you like more? Why?

For those who think it's too early for this thread; feel free to bookmark it for later use.

Oh boy here we go. Tough one right off the bat.

I'm going with The Batman on this.

Infinity War is more rewatchable and an easier watch. I just love what they do in The Batman more. I should also quantify I'm a HUGE Spider-Man and Batman fan. I roll my eyes with a lot of what they do with Spider-Man in Infinity War with all the sucking up to Tony. So that docks some points for IW. On the other hand I love how Batman is portrayed and adapted in The Batman.

The Batman is a good Batman movie, but far from perfect. It's an interesting take on the character but needed to be shorter and somehow underwhelms at the finale.

Infinity War manages to feel fast paced and tightly scripted despite having a huge cast - it also makes Thanos a nuanced and interesting villain while perfectly blending action, character development, humour and moments of real pathos.

"Did you do it ?"

"Yes."

"What did it cost ?"

"Everything"

So really Infinity War achieves so much more than the Batman and maintains a gripping suspension of disbelief despite the outrageous events playing out.

Infinity War hands down. It accomplished so much more and then some. The Batman has the better craft overall but greatly suffers from length and overstaying its welcome. Most of the plot is recycled things we’ve seen in past Batman iterations. Pattinsons one note expression got stale after awhile.

infinity war was an unbelievable once in a lifetime cultural event that doesn’t waste anytime. Better pacing. Highly rewatchable and Thanos is an empathetic protagonist which felt very unique.

Both are great though.

The Batman.

I vastly prefer Endgame to Infinity War (even though it's one long movie).

I would be impressed if I end up hating The Batman more than Infinity War.

Infinity War hands down.

The Batman was great but at the end of the day, it felt like just another Batman movie. A very good one, but not essential by any stretch.

IW, on the other hand, felt like an unprecedented event at its time of release. The beginning of a cultural juggernaut that may never be repeated. I'd say it trumps TB on all levels.

Very very close.

I would go with Infinity War though. It has a much stronger story and villain IMO.

Infinity War for me. It’s the Avengers movie in the long run people will like the most.

The Batman was a good movie, but nothing ground breaking about it.

Okay, having seen The Batman,. it is a film I like, unlike Infinity War.

Avengers: Infinity War. It had my full attention unlike the other film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"