Awaiting Venom

If VENOM (Not just Eddie Brock) plays a significant role in SM3, I'm sure we'll see him at this year's SDCC like we did with Doc Ock. If we don't see him by then, I'm guessing he's either 1.)Just a cameo or 2.)Not in the movie at all.

TheSlag said:
That will be a watershed moment for SM3. I'm wondering when that will be, IF at all. Still not buying that Venom will be in SM3, other than a cliffhanger ending. Comic-Con? Probably Harry as GG2 pics/footage? Dare we wonder/hope for Venom IF he is in fact in SM3?

And when it is... it will set off a Firestorm like no one has seen since the days of Mech vs. Organics. ;) You'll either LOVE IT or HATE IT I think... I doubt there will be much if any middle ground.

The problem with that is that your automatically banking on an S-M4 with returning director and cast. It's possible as most things are, but highly unlikely. Can I ask you a question? This is not sarcastic because I would honestly like to know your view, why do you think Raimi and co. will be on board for an S-M4?

I agree with the general concensus of excited/ nervous. With franchise's you can feel them going down the drain from the first sequel. But the Spider-man franchise has been strong with two great films. They are, in my opinion, the first real chance of seeing a trilogy that was quality from start to finish. Raimi has put himself in a great position, but I feel the use of Venom, if done badly, could needlessly destroy a franchise that promised so much.

TheFuture said:
The problem with that is that your automatically banking on an S-M4 with returning director and cast. It's possible as most things are, but highly unlikely. Can I ask you a question? This is not sarcastic because I would honestly like to know your view, why do you think Raimi and co. will be on board for an S-M4?

I agree with the general concensus of excited/ nervous. With franchise's you can feel them going down the drain from the first sequel. But the Spider-man franchise has been strong with two great films. They are, in my opinion, the first real chance of seeing a trilogy that was quality from start to finish. Raimi has put himself in a great position, but I feel the use of Venom, if done badly, could needlessly destroy a franchise that promised so much.

I've already heard in some interview, that Raimi said that he would be open to doing a Part 4.... So, it wasnt like he initially said that 3 is the last movie of his.. He did say that he is open to doing a part 4... So, maybe something in this script made him want to commit..

The first trilogy being the Goblin trilogy makes sense... But why would they start another trilogy during the 3rd? I dont know. That would be too much of a tease and make alot of fans very angry.. Nobody likes Cliffhangers. Nobody.. Everyone got PISSSSSSSSEEEEDDD at the end of the Matrix 2.... But even with that movie.. the 3rd was suppose to come out to the day the next year.. Spiderman 4 would be out in like 2010.. That's too long for a cliffhanger.. that would be just cold hearted and cruel...

TheFuture said:

If by Sam and Co., you mean the entire cast, obviously not. I think this will be Kirsten's swan song for Spider-Man movies. Hopefully, as an actress and as a character. ;) REDHEAD TO HEAVIN IN 2007!!!!! :D

Seriously, Raimi wants to do SM4, despite all his blustering to the contrary. Which he has basically admitted anyway. I think Tobey would easily come back for SM4. Same with Franco(Harry) IF his character survives.

Gwen gives them the potential to carry on without Kirsten/MJ... OR... they could recast MJ. Either was is fine with me, as both have their appeals.

Got a sneky sussspicion that your going tobe holding your breath for a while. Dont think there will be a picture of him. It sounds like they are just setting him upf or 4

The Hurricane said:
Got a sneky sussspicion that your going tobe holding your breath for a while. Dont think there will be a picture of him. It sounds like they are just setting him upf or 4

If that happends I will personally blame you.

Weapon M said:
The first trilogy being the Goblin trilogy makes sense... But why would they start another trilogy during the 3rd?
What makes you think this is a "Goblin" trilogy? Why make a trilogy around one villain? To me, it doesn't sound profitable. Sure, Harry's going to be a Goblin (which one is still up in the air), but he's not going to be a major villain. He's whiny, spoiled, and none-too-bright - I don't see him as much a threat, even with the goblin syrum throbbing through his angsty veins.

I'm all for Venom - but the idea of starting out with Eddie, then moving on to have Venom for 4 makes sense. We already have 2 villains for the third movie - popping Venom in there would be doing an injustice to all three characters. Plus, I happen to be a fan of Topher Grace - although that's been getting a little difficult since I can't seem to locate the rock he's been hiding under since he got cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"