Batman: Arkham Origins - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocksteady not making this one doesn't mean all hope is lost or something,Especially since the technical/gameplay mechanics are the same from the other two games and Rocksyeady are helping them out in that gameplay department

And it's not impossible for Rocksteady to be out done in story&features!

Last edited:
I didn't say that I said it's one thing to hope as I said just now, but I'd rather they fully confirm it to the public when they are done with what ever project it is they are on. Hopes fine, but let them say it is what they are truly working on . There will less disappointment that way. Especially if it turns out to be some thing else.

Last edited:
There's no way Rocksteady wouldn't do a sequel to AC with all the millions they made from that game "Oh yeah" they're definitely making a sequel.

I'll wait for them to reveal it. that doesn't mean I don't fully think that aren't doing so. but I'd rather they say it. cause it's also possible they are on another project too as well as they said. I didn't say a sequel won't ever come to be . they will reveal what ever it is when they are ready. But for now let them say what it is when it is time.

Last edited:
You were talking about the silver age Justice League right?

Story wise it wouldn't be hard to pass Arkham City, that was such a disappointment factor.

Agreed. It was basically chase the cure with a tiny sub plot about Protocol 10. I much preferred Arkham Asylum's story. It felt a bit deeper and more complex, even though you could basically summarize it as Joker taking over the asylum to make Titan monsters. But it was the little twists and turns in it that added the depth to it, IMO.

Agreed. It was basically chase the cure with a tiny sub plot about Protocol 10. I much preferred Arkham Asylum's story. It felt a bit deeper and more complex, even though you could basically summarize it as Joker taking over the asylum to make Titan monsters. But it was the little twists and turns in it that added the depth to it, IMO.

Agreed..

Best overall game experience:Arkham City

Best story&concept:Arkham Asylum

Hopefully Arkham Origins has the best of both!

The free roam is much better in AC But I never cared for the concept of a whole old part of Gotham turned into an Arkham prison,I already wanted and thought Gotham City was going to be it after AA and the Arkham arc was just the first game,Going after escaped villains&inmates in all or a huge part of Gotham should have been part 2..Technically that kinda happened But not the Gotham that I expected!

Looking back at AA I find the story&concept even much better,It was like The Raid Redemption/Dredd/Lockdown mixed together with the Batman comic universe thrown it,And what's even cooler is that the game came out before either of those films!

I must be the only one who though Arkham City had a better story than Arkham Asylum :csad:. I think both stories had a good story though.

I admit that I feel the Protocol 10 plot was resolved a bit too quickly but overall, I thought they did a good job of telling that story and the Joker cure story together in parallel.

Yea Arkham Asylum had such an awesome setting. I cant wait to see a Gotham that isnt completely worn down like it was in AC. It'll be neat to see the city adorned with Christmas decorations and not in shambles the likes of AC.

I must be the only one who though Arkham City had a better story than Arkham Asylum :csad:. I think both stories had a good story though.

I admit that I feel the Protocol 10 thing was resolved a bit too quickly but overall, I thought they did a good job of telling that story and the Joker cure story together in parallel.

They were even for me. I face palmed at the Titan Joker. I didnt have any of those moments in AC.

Yea Arkham Asylum had such an awesome setting. I cant wait to see a Gotham that isnt completely worn down like it was in AC. It'll be neat to see the city adorned with Christmas decorations and not in shambles the likes of AC.

It's still"Old Gotham"..Although it'll at least still be(or should be)newer/cleaner&neat compared to AC.

I'll likely be spending most of my playing time in New Gotham once that side of the bride becomes available!

It's still"Old Gotham"..Although it'll at least still be(or should be)newer/cleaner&neat compared to AC.

I'll likely be spending most of my playing time in New Gotham once that side of the bride becomes available!

Yea im not expecting it too look pristine, but considering its not a walled of war zone, it should look better.

It has that Batman:Noel feel but Bruce is younger in Origins.

At first I would instantly disagree with you, but thinking about I guess the story of Arkham Asylum was better. But I think all the stories and back-stories with numerous characters made City feel like it had this epic scope but in reality I suppose the main story was slightly under-whelming.

I found all of the side-missions much better than the main story,I don't hate it But I just had a better time enjoying the side stuff and AA's story better

I really don't care which had the better story. I had so much freaking fun with both games. What I did like more in the first was the feeling of being enclosed, which we won't get so soon again, but the second definetely had the better gameplay.

I really don't care which had the better story. I had so much freaking fun with both games. What I did like more in the first was the feeling of being enclosed, which we won't get so soon again, but the second definetely had the better gameplay.

Yea i couldnt agree more. These are easily, two of my favorite games ever. Rocksteady/WB montreal has my money as long as they keep making these games.

Hope they know what they are doing here. God of War Ascension and Gears of Wear Judgment were two prequels that did disappointing business.

Both games have rather weak conclusions. Asylum probably has the better story but I would still count City the edge as the better game overall. The gameplay and the big environment makes it.

Hope they know what they are doing here. God of War Ascension and Gears of Wear Judgment were two prequels that did disappointing business.

True,But honestly..I'm interested and will getting it anyway no matter what since it's a new Batman game and especially not a movie-in.

The fact that it's Arkham related plus the given info already means instant pre-order..Which I already did.

Yea i cant speak for Ascension as i havent followed that much at all, but Judgements failures come from the developer messing around with a winning formula just so they could say they changed things. Hopefully WBM knows better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"