Batman: Arkham Origins - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the programmer working on co-op mechanics affect Dini's pen as he's writing the story? Or the voice actors as they record? This idea that MP messes up SP only works if the SP is hanging by a thread to begin with.

I really want Co-op multiplayer. VS Multiplayer, especially with such an unbalanceable system like that of Arkham combat, doesn't sound appealing at ALL.

well to explain it. it's about where the majority of the resource's and money is spent. And it's that to some people they think there is always more room for character there and the more that happens the better it is and to use each of the villains to the fullest is always cool. But the truth is only so few series manage pull that off in any medium.

Also when you think about it only so much can be done. If say they made up their minds on how long the game will be from the jump and how much spot light each character will have. And seeing not all the villains will have equal enough spot light that's not really fair to say from us fans all the time. yet it seem not to stop some people who don't bother to think about certain aspects like that happening .

The game director Tell's the writer(that would be Dini's boss in that case for the game's here) how much should be done and how much spot light each character receives.

Especially with how you've all seen and how much of a hog they always make joker out to be. But that boss of his(Dini or any writer for a game) has final say there. to some people it's about where all the resource's / money is spent though.

So Dr cosmic I agree with ya. But some people are hug up on certain thing's. It's rare that all elements come together over all for certain games. It's wonderful when it happens But we can't always expect it all the time in all it's sections.

here's the latest

Batman: Arkham Origins And The Lessons From Asylum And City

video feature
on Apr 24, 2013 at 02:00 PM

In this video feature, the developers of the new game reflect on the highlights of Rocksteady's legacy and how it has informed the next Arkham entry.
... More

source:GI

Last edited:
Agreed,I think and am hoping someone like Greyson(should be Robin for few months when the game starts)is introduced in a short cut-scene in the story like in AC and be able to co-op in challenge maps!!

Really? Co-op challenge maps? The challenge maps are pretty much designed for one player. How much would it suck to build up a huge combo only for your co-op partner try and get in on the action and break it, combat challenge require those huge combos. Or in a predator challenge for someone to alert the guards and screw both of you. I'd really wish the Arkham series would stay single player, there's plenty of multiplayer games out there and if someone needs their DC fix of it, there's always Injustice.

Why do some people automatically assume that if they add MP, that immediately every SP fun will be gone? So what if we should happen to get co-op challenge maps? I'm sure they'd still leave the option in to play them alone. It's not like they would say "Ok, from now on all challenge maps are MP only. You have your main campaign if you want to be alone.".

why is word "option" or "optional" so hard to pick up / grasp from what we're saying with this? It's possible to do the challenge maps solo as mode as well or with a co-op buddy as it's own mode too. it's called a "F"ing select screen before you push start.

seriously let go what the cell shaded art wise prince of Persia with claw glove started and the Res evil series did with fallowing them with the forced co-op of AI or other wise a realife partner on the other end.

They screwed up yes. Other people in the industry have learned from seeing their mistake and have headed back to you having it as a "F"ing select option. your solo experience will remain "F" intact. there will/ should be done in separate modes from each other if they are implented right. they better be done in that that way. and start playing other titles that always had this option before the two I mentioned that started this mess came into existence . Alot people seem to seriously need have their gaming horizon's broadened from that those two series wreck the experience with their execution.

Last edited:
It would suck if they made the achievements and trophies multiplayer. It would also suck if you're forced to play with little brats in those modes. It would suck if the reason they're reusing the Arkham City map instead of 100% new singleplayer content is because they're dumping money elsewhere into multiplayer mode(s).

It would suck if they made the achievements and trophies multiplayer. It would also suck if you're forced to play with little brats in those modes. It would suck if the reason they're reusing the Arkham City map instead of 100% new singleplayer content is because they're dumping money elsewhere into multiplayer mode(s).
This.

All I can say is stop being scared all the damn time.

unmmm with the selection mode as I stated has you select who plays with you as well as you always being solo.. In The original sense of selection of co-op or multiplayer you can have it set to "friends only" where can you play with people you have on your friends list and only them . they have it on steam for left 4 dead and it's sequel for example and older games as I said for decades now on consoles

Hell even Borderlands and it's recent sequel has this option. while it may not be your style of game you should take a look at it just for that.

certain people's horizon's need's to be broadened here really Really badly. you've been playing alot of the wrong games that have come out recently that don't allow for this and it's serious shame. if you don't know you can do these things. you been on Alot of the wrong ones. There are plenty that allow you these options long before the 2006 started. Find them.

Last edited:
Crap, that'd be the whole bottom of the iceberg for me. The Tomb Raider dev team did this and it's the only thing I really dislike about their decisions.

hmm The sad thing too is alot of the ones that have offered the force version of co-op seem to be on the PS3 . That's really not good. Not at all .
What a mess. that one thin that needs to be addressed by dev's along with dropping that practice for forced co-op over all.

Last edited:

Totally agree with you, I've 100%'d both Arkham games and I'd like to keep going, if there are multiplayer achievements I won't, I like single player games, not every game needs multiplayer

unmmm with the seletion mode as I stated you select who plays with you as well as you always being solo.. the original selection of co-op or multiplayer you can have it set to friends only where you play with people you have on your friends list and only them . they have it on steam for left 4 dead for example and older games as I said

Hell even borderlands and it's recent sequel has this option. while it may not be your style of game you should take a look at it just for that.

certain people's horizon's need's to be broadened here really Really badly. you been playing alot of the wrong games that have come out recently if you don't know you can do these things. Alot of the wrong ones. there are plenty that allow you these options long before the 2006 started.

Why does every game need to have multiplayer though, why can't we have some games that are just singleplayer experiences? Is the new Bioshock less of a game since they took out multiplayer from it? Some games are made for mulitplayer, I really don't think the Arkham series has anything to gain from it. The design of the first two games is very co-op unfriendly in my opinion and there's nothing wrong with that. You mention Borderlands, most of the game is great, works well single or multiplayer, until you start trying to go after the raid bosses, very unfriendly single player. I don't have time to find someone who wants to play through that with me and set up times to go after those bosses, I don't want to set up a time to play a video games with someone, I want to pick and play and be able to not be hindered since I like to play most games solo.

It's sad that possibly not being able to get certain achievements/trophies, is a deal breaker. I mean seriously?

There is a way for it to be done both way's it's just certain dev's have forgotten this or were never good at it cause it was their first time creating sections like that. you just mentioned raid boss's from Boarderlands

Yes I see what you mean there, but that game was also created to scale up to your character and make the boss more difficult after who your character that your playing level's u, p the boss moves up higher they your character each time you see him. more should have been done for the single player experience there. but they are trying more then others.

Bioschock made a chose cause ken levin's team is only experienced / used to doing a certain type of style of game that he wanted made. Bio shock Infinite is what his team made is strong at making in games. he new his team strengths and went with and didn't touch some he has no experience in. What he did is smart compared to what Capcom had done mistake wise which ruined the word co-op of which is suffering due to some poor chose's of execution. Cause they new they didn't know how pull that off yet and didn't hire people with experience in that area.

But that doesn't mean with certain games it should not be tried . with batman he has been a leader and example for crime fighters in the DCU and he brought organized crime fighting to the heroes there. that's one thing the second was there were plans for it initially they will have implement it some time. what every time there's a new installment this argument is gonna keep happening?

I sure hope not. They have to learn how do this and this. it'll make the studio's of both Rocksteady and WBM more rounded for excelling in all area's cause they dared to explore those section's of game play they initially didn't master when they started out. you only learn by doing/ trying and become good by practice and experience. you can't do that with out starting to do so.

The mistake certain people have made like capcom did is only in execution and not hiring people that have worked in that area. and that's why we have this problem.

Now on achievements that should have a category of it's own

one that players that don't want to touch the MP will be fine if they don't play that section at all.

what we're saying there is a way to still have the single player experience as it always was and have a mp with out one ruining the other. you can still solo and no one will ruin it for ya with forced any thing . that has been done before in older titles before those ever came about POP and the later RES Evil titles. and there's still people that know how to make these. I hope they find them.

Last edited:
I'm loving of all the developer video features!

I have Uncharted Trilogy game but I don't play MP I just story mode instead. That's what I will do with this one. It's all good folks. :up:

I hope we get a great Soundtrack game because AC one was superb. :up:

I don't care for MP, specially for a Batman game.

Bad Superman said:
I don't care for MP, specially for a Batman game.

Batman Arkham Origins: "Well then wait till you get a load a' me" *maniacal laughter*

I argued this in the AC thread, but will reiterate to clarify: I have no problem with multiplayer in the game, on the condition that it not take the amount of material available for the singleplayer campaign. If we have the same amount of material as AC, I will be without complaint for the MP (and to clarify, I was never too invested in Achievements.)

Edit: The Burton reference...was interesting.

To be honest, multiplayer just seems like a natural, logical and interesting step forward for the challenge mode.

To be honest, multiplayer just seems like a natural, logical and interesting step forward for the challenge mode.

My issue, is, i dont see the fun in it. Obviously they wont just add in the ability for co op with the current challenge maps, but i dont see the fun in taking down all these goons with a teammate. I dont need any help taking out these goons, I'm already over powered as it is. Same with the combat, i dont need any help, i dont want someone jacking my KO's. So itll be interesting to see just what kind of mp WBm comes up with.

You're thinking about it the wrong way. I mean, it's not taking anything away from the singleplayer, just adding to it. Imagine the potential for co-op takedowns, predator moves etc. It's like the Portal 2 co-op mode. Adding another person has the potential to add a whole new level of challenge into things, without detracting from the singleplayer.

You're thinking about it the wrong way. I mean, it's not taking anything away from the singleplayer, just adding to it. Imagine the potential for co-op takedowns, predator moves etc. It's like the Portal 2 co-op mode. Adding another person has the potential to add a whole new level of challenge into things, without detracting from the singleplayer.

Oh im not even talking about it from the SP, point of view. I just dont see the fun in adding in MP. You say imagine the potential for co op take downs or predator moves, but i dont see it. Why do i need a teammate. I dont need a teammate now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"