Batman Begins Vs. Iron Man

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by StormC, Jul 3, 2017.

?

Batman Begins Vs. Iron Man

1. Batman Begins

2. Iron Man

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. the last son Registered

Batman Begins.

2. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

With all due respect to Christian Bale, Robert Downey Jr. wrote the book on how to play a billionaire playboy.

3. The Batman The Dark Knight

Which isn't surprising, considering that the only thing Bale's character actually has in common with a billionaire playboy is the billionaire part.

Awest66 likes this.
  4. Mjölnir Guest

Bruce does play the playboy to avoid suspicion and expectations in Begins.

5. The Batman The Dark Knight

Having watched the movie, I am aware of that. And that's exactly my point. Bale is playing a man who pretends to be a Playboy. RDJ is playing a man who actually is a playboy.

6. Brother Jack The Penitent Man

Begins isn't perfect and it's the least of TDKT, but it's also probably the best superhero origin movie ever done. Its first act is borderline immaculate.

I don't want to diminish Iron Man, though. That it's still at the top-level of the MCU and was the film that kick-started the whole thing is a huge accomplishment. And beyond that it just works. RDJ is perfect as Stark.

Awest66 likes this.
  7. Mjölnir Guest

My point was that they have the playboy part in common, even though it's a different part of them.

8. Johnny-Oh "You got heart, kid"

Iron Man by far! The origin aspect of Batman Begins is mostly great but once he becomes Batman the film gets extremely boring and uninteresting, the film also suffers from highly incompetent action sequences and poor editing. Iron Man has better pacing, the visual effects are fantastic, the action is great and RDJ's performance is iconic.

9. Khaos Registered

Iron Man is mostly a lame movie from the beginning to the end and RDJ saves the day by being funny.

#59 Khaos, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  10. slimshady247 Honorary Ape

It's definitely Batman Begins.

Iron Man is good when Tony is in the desert but becomes pretty run of the mill once he gets back home. Iron Monger as evil Iron Man wasn't the most inspired choice either.

11. Starcat Registered

Iron Man. But I love Batman Begins, and it is my favorite of all the Batman movies.

12. Mandon Knight This means something to those who believe....

Batman Begins, by a country mile, for me.

13. Patchwork Man Registered

People were arguing over who's a better playboy? LOL. I think Bruce Wayne predates Tony Stark by 20+ years in the comics.

Bale-Bruce isn't shown too often indulging his playboyness (it wouldn't serve the story), but we do see him hanging with a couple ladies in the restaurant (the one he buys!) in Begins, and then he lands in uber-zillionaire style in a chopper at Harvey's benefit, and emerges with three honeys.

#63 Patchwork Man, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  14. IAmAsgardian How the turntables...

Both are CBM origins about tech-based superheroes that are billionaires by day, but never in a thousand years would I think about comparing them.
    That being said, I'd have to give a slight edge to BB.
    I'm a MCU ****e as much as the next guy, but I can't take into account what IM did for the universe or that the next movie in the Nolan trilogy is a big improvement.
    As stand-alone movies, that 1% swings it towards BB.

15. BH/HHH You Are My World

Both are fantastic films but Batman Begins is just that bit better.

16. Leenie Registered

Iron Man. Easily.

I still really like Batman Begins, though.

17. daddydivine I'm black, I can say it.

Man this is a good one. BB is a great origin movie and paved the way for the more gritty and grounded superhero movie.

But Ironman felt like it was straight out of those colorful comic book pages. Plus Ironman will forever be my favorite origin movie since it started the mcu.

18. mclay18 Registered

Batman Begins. It's beautifully put together and feels more Batman-y than Nolan's two sequels.

Iron Man has its positives (especially RDJ), but it's nowhere near as good as BB. I've watched BB so many times and find something new to appreciate, whereas IM just doesn't hold up.

19. King23DC Registered

Batman Begins, more mythic character ... even though RDJ (not so much Stark) was ridiculously entertaining. Both had weaker 3rd acts, but Begins still had the more engaging final act. Both Bale and RDJ gave great performances. Begins more engrossing from start to finish, and better villains. Ultimately more heart too even though I rooted hard for RDJ's redemption story.

20. Steamteck Registered

Iron man by a far margin for me although begins is by far the best Nolan Batman film IMO.

21. Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

Begins. Iron Man's third act battle really feels like an obligation, rather than a climax. Whereas the third act in Begins really picks up the tension as all heck breaks loose.

22. NotNickFury Registered

Tough one. Begins is probably going to rank as my favorite comic book film period, but I cannot deny what Iron Man did not just for the MCU, for Downey Jr., and how it, like both Begins and The Dark Knight, helped shape comic book films. Both great films with fantastic leads, though I'd probably give the slight edge to Begins from a storytelling level.

23. Neil McCauley Registered

I prefer Begins by a good margin, but i still love Iron Man and the character itself.

My 1st favorite hero vs 3rd at the moment.

Both movies had good villains, great development and motives and a good supporting cast but BB is nearly better in everything except action and main lead start (which is close).

24. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Do you go rooting through the archives trying to resurrect vs threads? I feel like ever since you showed up this sub forum has been swimming in versus threads, most involving the TDK trilogy.

25. Micromind New World New Rules

Batman Begins.