BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ledger wasn't some romcom actor...

People complained but Ledger was still a very good actor. Very good with a lot of range going in. Adkins is a mediocre action star at best and just a good fighter type. How are you even comparing?:doh:

Ok, I'll indulge this and then I'm out. I'm comparing on the simple basis they are actors who's previous work is used as a reason they can't portray a character. Ledger did mostly romcoms and dramas, not intense psychopaths. He was basically a pretty badboy in most of his work. Good actor yes, but people assumed because that is mostly what he did that's all he could do. It's the same as Adkins and people assuming he can only be a dumb action guy because that's what most of his work called for next to his phenominal fighting work. It's typecasting, asuming because they do one thing mostly, that they can't do another. Only huge difference in that aspect is we all saw ledger, most of you know adkins from one or two very simple roles. So the assumation is even greater. I agree with most of you that Bently is probably the best choice...but in the end dismissing my pick so readily with such a lack of actual knowlege of that pick stinks of ignorant elitism.

I always thought Superman and Wonder Woman were a little harder to cast than Batman, ya know the whole they don't wear a mask thing.

wes_article.jpg

Yeah.

Am I the only person who always thinks they are seeing Sean Maher from Firefly when I see this guy!

Anyway I truly can not see anyone other than Bale in the role at the moment. He is the Batman I grew up with the TDK trilogy was around from when I was 11 to 18. He was just perfect (aside from the voice sometimes) IMO as both Bruce Wayne and Batman. Some people here I can see as Bruce Wayne (Matt Bomer, Fassbender) and some I can see as Batman (Urban) but I can't see any of them playing both roles.

I don't know. I'm usually a fan of change. I watch franchises that are BUILT around its main guy changing (Bond, Dr Who) but right now Bale just left such a mark on me that I can almost guarantee no matter who they choose I just won't be on board. I will however reserve whole judgement until I see first finished, edited footage of the guy.

But he has huge shoes to fill.

I always thought Superman and Wonder Woman were a little harder to cast than Batman, ya know the whole they don't wear a mask thing.
They are harder to cast because they are such visual characters and the actors have to have the right feel. I wasn't denying that.

They are harder to cast because they are such visual characters and the actors have to have the right feel. I wasn't denying that.
I can see Batman being harder since the mask may restrict the actor, since they cannot depend on facial expressions to show emotion. So their actions and body language will have to compensate for it. So you need someone who has shown that capability, but who happens to fit the image of Bruce Wayne and can play a charming yet brooding playboy while being menacing in the suit at the same time. :hmm

I can see Batman being harder since the mask may restrict the actor, since they cannot depend on facial expressions to show emotion. So their actions and body language will have to compensate for it. So you need someone who has shown that capability, but who happens to fit the image of Bruce Wayne and can play a charming yet brooding playboy while being menacing in the suit at the same time. :hmm

2ake741.jpg

Superman can't aging, i would like to see a aged Batman in the top of its shape against a young Superman. Batman beat Superman in the dark knight knight series of comics so they can fight with human strength. In that case Batman would have a upper hand. May Batman have a kryptonite in reserve or a new technology to destabilise Superman.

i think superman is harder to cast it is easy to find actors who look mature and bad ass for batman it is far harder to find an actor who has that boy scout good guy look like supes

bentley is cool but i cant help but feel like he fits a villain more

I can't see gosling as batman at all. Too much of an "it" actor, Imo.
Don't think he really looks like batman either.

neither did keaton and imo he was a superior batman than bale

bale was a better Bruce tho

Be honest, are some of you casting Bentley because of Nolan?

Also I think Bentley would work better as Lex.

I can't see gosling as batman at all. Too much of an "it" actor, Imo.
Don't think he really looks like batman either.

The weird part is, I agree with you but despite those things, that any other time wouldn't work with another actor, I still can't help but picture him and only him as the next Batman.

The question is can Gosling look menacing in a Batsuit.

The more I think about it I feel James Badge Dale would be quite interesting.

:cwink:
Charming
[YT]S1TGgbAOeBE[/YT]

Brooding
Badass
[YT]Hyw8973Ql30[/YT]

wso12x.jpg

I just really hope part of the casting process is the actor simply standing in a room saying "I'm Batman" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"