BvS All Things Batman v Superman [NO SPOILERS] - Part 1

im gonna watch MOS tonight just to get in the mood :).

My question got lost on the previous page. Can anyone clarify that Zod scene for me from MOS?

Rant
Just finished watching Man of Steel myself. While the movie is really good, I still have so many issues with it. It does have a strong ending though. Zack really likes to manhandle the camera in MOS. During all the battles, I don't recall once where the camera didn't use every movement possible. He needs to just let the camera still for more than a few seconds and scenes would really work so much better. The other thing is obviously one of the most criticized aspects, which is the destruction. There's just so much of it that it makes it visually exhausting. It feels like someone just landed the jackpot, got a professional CGI software and had fun playing around with the destruction of elements as if it was a free roam videogame where there's no consequences or bad repercussions. It's like look how crazy and cool these guys can fight. They can go through buildings with ease, fly faster than the speed of light, knock down buildings. Ain't it cool? Don't worry about the casualties, it's all about looking cool.

Sorry for the random rant, but had to get that off my chest. I'm happy that the backlash somewhat made Snyder and the writers incorporate the destruction issue into Batman v Superman as a plot point.

PS: I never got if the family at the end dies or survives, when Zod uses heat vision.

Last edited:
Welp, I'll be going to the 6pm show tomorrow. Still hyped, but wish I was as hyped as I was a few days ago. :(

I hope the cameos are good. Especially Aquaman's.

ok my friend just watched it and i asked for his thoughts on this.
he said if he can describe BvS in one word it would be "electric."
but he did say he liked MoS more than it.

i'm trying to get a little more of his thoughts but he said he'll wait till I see it myself before he says anymore. :argh:

Just 2 more hours for me, heading to the cinema shortly.

At the cinemas now, massive crowd here, my session is full. Will be back here after watching.

Seriously, still wait til tomorrow night!

so many rave reactions to WonderGaGa!

almost tempted to skip work tomorrow morning and catch the first showing...:cmad:

CeTpZ5WWEAAlT4A.jpg:large

hope you love it and enjoy it as i do.

sf2, I'm glad you loved it man. If I recall, you had a lot of reservations about the Superman portrayal. Glad the film eased those concerns.

Watched Zack Snyder and the team responding to negative critic scores. Poor Zack, I feel for the guy. I didn't watch BvS yet, about to, but I believe he doesn't deserve so much negativity.

In terms of "wow" factor, yeah Wonder Woman steals the show. Similar to Hulk in Avengers, but remember she has far less of a role in BvS than Hulk did in the first Avengers.

The movie starts at 9 for me, I'll be leaving around 8. I'm excited! :slash:

It doesn't help that Snyder was talking smack about Ant-Man. BvS failing critically is gonna give Marvel fanboys so much fuel...

yea some of my friends who are more marvel fans are already sort of giving bvs crap now.

but then in the end, its up to the audience to decide if this is worthy or not.
i'll post my response after i've seen this tomorrow.

I saw it at the IMAX screening. Really loved the movie. Figured critics would be divided, but didn't expect this reaction.
How'd your audience react? I saw it with fans and the room was pumped. Curious how regular folks will take it.

How'd your audience react? I saw it with fans and the room was pumped. Curious how regular folks will take it.

Well my screening was still full of fans, but the area I sat in was predominantly GA from what I could gather. I'm basing that on the nature of their conversations. Yes, I was eaves dropping haha. But they talked a lot about if certain characters were in the movie, which characters made up the JL, who would be playing these characters. Stuff fans already know about.

They seemed pretty pumped. Disappointed that there wasn't more fighting, but they seemed to like the actions beats they saw. A lot of "WW was a badass." comments. My girl is definitely GA when it comes to DC, wasn't even really that pumped about the film (all her hype went to Deadpool), and she teared up a couple of times and really loved the film. She even picked up on things that I missed, which gives me hope that the GA will have a pretty easy time keeping up.

I did hear mention of the first 30 mins or so feeling scattered, which I can agree with.

I saw it at the IMAX screening. Really loved the movie. Figured critics would be divided, but didn't expect this reaction.

Awesome, I'm glad you loved it. It's a Snyder film, so I fully expected a critical backlash. It doesn't mean **** to me, I can't wait for tonight

snyder's films have always been bashed by critics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"