BvS Batman V Superman Box Office Prediction - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you know, I'm disappointed too but I can't see it hitting Catwoman levels bad. :shrug:

Well it is and the box office global drops and the reviews prove it mate, box office WOM is toxic now.

Ya might aswell change your username now to a better film. ;)

Well it is and the box office global drops and the reviews prove it mate, box office WOM is toxic now.

Ya might aswell change your username now to a better film. ;)
Years of waiting on this film and following it as close as I have, to even have this username. Believe me, if I thought it was really good I'd be defending it at nausea out of ANYONE here. That says a lot unfortunately in my disappointment right now :( I still love the Batman v Superman dynamic, my 2 favorite heroes but yeah it stings some. It would be easier to force myself into loving it and be a full defender, but I'm just trying to be real. Definitely disappointed. I hope people don't mind my honesty on disappointment, I wanted to love it more than anyone.

So does anyone think this is the wakeup call that WB needs or will it be business as usual Monday?

There's a difference between poorly made and people not liking what you made. The second part, I can't help people with. That's up to any viewer. But poorly made? Nope. Not this film.

I'd disagree. For example it has some of the worst editing of a big budget movie I've seen.

I'd disagree. For example it has some of the worst editing of a big budget movie I've seen.

Considering now we know that Snyder and WB were pretty much gonna release a 3 hour cut up until a few months ago, I'd say the editing after the first 30 minutes is really good.

But, again, minority speaking here.

Years of waiting on this film and following it as close as I have, to even have this username. Believe me, if I thought it was really good I'd be defending it at nausea out of ANYONE here. That says a lot unfortunately in my disappointment right now :( I still love the Batman v Superman dynamic, my 2 favorite heroes but yeah it stings some. It would be easier to force myself into loving it and be a full defender, but I'm just trying to be real. Definitely disappointed. I hope people don't mind my honesty on disappointment, I wanted to love it more than anyone.

I'm in the same boat mate, ever since joining hype ive dedicated nearly 19,000 posts to getting extremely hyped about BvS.

Then i finally watched it and at the end... a 70% drop is inevitable.

So does anyone think this is the wakeup call that WB needs or will it be business as usual Monday?

It's likely that WB made their decision weeks or months ago. I don't think a billion dollar studio would make a game changing decision days before Monday

I'm in the same boat mate, ever since joining hype ive dedicated nearly 19,000 posts to getting extremely hyped about BvS.

Then i finally watched it and at the end... a 70% drop is inevitable.
I truly never saw my disappointment as a likely outcome. I hate to say it, but feeling the movie kind of deserves the drop. :( That's one thing it definitely has earned. I'm not in full hatred mode, and realize there are some redeeming values splashed throughout but very surprised it wasn't better.

I think the OS number shows this even more. It dropped just as bad overseas. It made 34.5m WW on Friday. All territories.

Never underestimate audiences. They know what they like and don't like by now. Even WW audiences. I've been saying this for a long time. We always say WW audiences expectations are different but they like us, want to see something good. People can moan about the TF films but that is about ****ing giant robot action and Bay delivers in that department. Different expectations and of course, very small exceptions. Hell, the last film made less than the others.

This isn't difficult to understand. It always comes from the film. It's not fatigue. It's quality of the film. It's the one hundred dollar mistake or in this case, the several hundred million dollar mistake. The many mistakes made in this movie cost them hundreds of millions of dollars and I love it so much.

Enough with the critics.

Box office folks.

Considering now we know that Snyder and WB were pretty much gonna release a 3 hour cut up until a few months ago, I'd say the editing after the first 30 minutes is really good.

But, again, minority speaking here.

The movie has to stand on its own in the end. It doesn't matter if they had blind people handling the photography, if it looks bad it is bad regardless if the blind people outdid themselves.

those numbers are just heartbreaking....i can't even...

We're living in a world where Deadpool will potentially make more money than a movie with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Let that settle in folks. If you think it's all sunshine and rainbows over at WB, if you think Snyder isn't filing for unemployment benefits, if you think the DCEU will continue in its current state, just think back to that simple fact.

After this, it's kinda hard to believe there won't be major changes to JL. I hope Snyder gets the boot.

We're living in a world where Deadpool will potentially make more money than a movie with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Let that settle in folks. If you think it's all sunshine and rainbows over at WB, if you think Snyder isn't filing for unemployment benefits, if you think the DCEU will continue in its current state, just think back to that simple fact.

And considering the budget of Deadpool was 58 million, and prodably 100 million as a whole with marketing, where BvS is maybe 400 milllion with the marketing ...

800M+ is where I'm at now. I think that's enough for Snyder/WB to work it as a success off of Man of Steel and the 2nd movie in their slate.

So I'm looking at the structure of the DCEU
Right now Suicide Squad will have to make a billion+ for WB to not look staggered this year.

If that fails then they'll definitely have to look at how Wonder Woman does

Comic con can't just be Suicide Squad news this year.

I don't think WB will learn their lesson in the way we want them too. This isn't just Snyder, it's the executive who don't understand what the **** to do with these characters.

They'll just fast track the solo Batman films, their default setting, Lobo (because it's R rated and Deadpool R rated and that made money so I guess that means derrrrrr) and pump the **** out of the Lego Batman stuff.

Jeez with a 70% drop on week 2 of all times... can you imagine what the 3rd week drop will be if this continues? $20m? $10m? yeesh...

With these drops.... there's no denying that Snyder's definitely going to be out of the DCEU now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"