Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Batmannerism, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Rocanrol

Rocanrol Psiconautiq

3. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

The Nolan trilogy pissed me off so much.

Seriously, No one in that trilogy ever threw a convincing punch.

Mainly because the blows never came anywhere near the target.

Professional wrestling has more convincing fighting.

4. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

This.

5. Rocanrol

Rocanrol Psiconautiq

gameplay-wise, the fighting style in the arkham games looks brutal and unforgiving... now, trying to adapt it to real life, i think it's non-sense.

It's like trying to adapt the fighting style of MK1 in a movie D:

6. Brother Jack

Brother Jack Believer

Thank you. It's an incredible poem.

What I meant by banality was the pictorial depiction of the costumed heroes as real people, very flawed and very ordinary despite the masks. The outfights often looked intentionally silly to score that what these people were doing was essentially insane and indeed destroyed many of their lives. Gibbon's art is pretty typical of the time for this reason, unlike something like Dark Knight Returns which has an exaggerated and grubby style. I don't say banality as a slight, quite the contrary. The lack of "coolness" in the book is apart of its counter argumentative charm. Snyder's film is all sheen, no substance. He can gloss up Silk Spectre's costume but he couldn't adequately depict the significance behind the comic imagery. The violence (and sex for that matter) is stylized in such a way that it becomes the focus and even adored when that's not what it was meant to be about.

Pretty much the Arkham games but faster.

7. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Faster than the Arkham games wow, it's already pretty impossible looking. But yeah that could be so awesome if they could pull it off, I feel like it'd have to be a lot of CGI

8. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I want Batman to look powerful, skilled, confident and above all adaptable as a fighter. What ever the on screen choice of techniques or styles.

9. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

As far as using the Arkham games as inspiration, I would not necessarily use the actual gameplay, but rather the superb fight choreography of the trailers as the inspiration.

10. KRYPTON INC.

I just assumed that was what people meant, the crazy good fighting in the trailers that have been put out these past few years.

11. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

Real punches/kicks/martial arts flash, combined with a virtual pivoting of the body/cape movement. I can get behind it. :word:

12. KRYPTON INC.

My Zod.... I had forgotten that Supes' cap in MOS was CGI, and that most likely Bats' cap will be as well in S/B. Wow... Think about that. The freedom of movement Ben and the stunt people would have if in the action sequence they put the cape on in post. Hmmm....

13. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

He'd be able to move around freely, while still having a nicely animated cape that twists and bends with him. AND he'd probably still have a practical cape for posing and looking cool.

14. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

Just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page.:woot:

15. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Yeah, to be honest, I had a hard time believing at times that despite all of the realism they applied to several elements within the trilogy, one of the things that I found somewhat unrealistic was how Bruce could survive on the streets of Gotham and take on some of Gotham's deadliest individuals with the fighting skills that he had based on what we've seen of his fighting style.

From what was shown of his fighting moves, he doesn't look like to be anything more than above average brawler. I mean I think Black Widow from the MCU could take him out in combat, or even Deathstroke from the Arrow Series.

16. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

Hell, Arrow himself could.

17. Krumm

Krumm Beer Snob

He should fight like Scott Adkins... :oldrazz:

18. iwontsaveu

iwontsaveu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want batman's fight scenes to be as brutal as the Raid Redemption, but with the flow and fluidity that batman is known for like in the Arkham games. I don't think Michael bay will be able to pull it off but Zack Synder's actions scenes are always interesting to me.

19. LordofhouseEl

LordofhouseEl Well-Known Member

This post doesn't even make sense, of course they can adapt that what the hell are you talking about. Batman Should be brutal and unforgiving, if you encounter Batman in a fight you should leave with a few broken bones. Also Batman should also look like a complete badass while in fights, all that realism crap should be thrown out.

20. LordofhouseEl

Arrow would obliterate his ass, Nolan's Batman was a ****ing awful fighter who seemed slow as **** with those fake ass punches and elbows he always threw.

21. spider-neil

spider-neil spins a web any size!

Look at the fight scenes in Blade and Blade 2, yes, Snipes is a black belt but 85% of Batman is covered you could put anyone in the suit and no one would notice. There is no excuse whatsoever for not having the best fight sequences committed to film in a Batman movie.

That said I expect to happen in the Batman solo movie, not much scope for martial arts moves when the person you are fighting is essentially a walking tank and when weakened is just a normal man.

22. iwontsaveu

iwontsaveu Well-Known Member

Nolan's fights scenes where hilarious, they seemed so slow to me. It felt like i could beat batman.

23. spider-neil

spider-neil spins a web any size!

I always imagined the Bane fight to be akin to the Spider-Man vs Juggernaut fight, I.e. an unstoppable force vs someone who is too fast and skilful to be hit but the relentless force wearing down the skill. But Batman attempts to go toe to toe with Bane. There was no martial arts skill whatsoever on display from Batman, just a thug facing off against a stronger thug.

24. Rocanrol

Rocanrol Psiconautiq

But it's kinda stupid trying to adapt batman gameplay irl :/

One chained punch, flying kick, flip kick, a jab... It's not adaptable, what you want is well coreographed fights, but you won't achieve that copying the arkham fighting style :p

25. LordofhouseEl

I don't know about anybody else but I was referring to how he fights in the cinematic cutscenes and trailers. Those are very well done fights and could easily be cheroegraped.