Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Batmannerism, Sep 13, 2013.

1. slumcat

slumcat Well-Known Member

Watch Scott Adkins fight scenes. His scenes are done without wires, without CGI. It is absolutely ridiculous the action they put up on screen.

Here's an example from his most recent film which has received great reviews - Ninja 2.

It is as thrilling as you could possibly imagine and all done with human skill.

2. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

Yeah something like that would be awesome.

3. TX85

TX85 Well-Known Member

A fighting style and fight scene like this would be badass,Reminds me of the combat system in the Batman Arkham games
    [YT]UB1Mm1fsDIk[/YT]

4. TDK elbowstrike

TDK elbowstrike "I'm a man of my word..."

If he fights this brutally in S/B, I would be ecstatic! Very brutal indeed.

This is a good starting point. Of course Batman will probably not be as flashy with spinning kicks and such, but he could certainly pound people faces into objects and flip people into chairs, tables, ect.

5. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

^ Just one non-deadly choke, and I will have [​IMG] in my pants right now :D

6. Batmannerism

Batmannerism Super-unknown

Okay, after watching that video I'm seeing the merits of Scott Adkins.
    That was pretty damn cool !

I still feel that Batman should use a bit more precision striking and a much
    "dirtier " range of techniques. Although I am against any kind of wire -work for the upcoming film, only one of the characters can fly - let's keep it that way.

7. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

Hey, it's Anne. Automatic free pass. And dat strut. :p

I hope to see a fast, effective no nonsense Batman. And like I posted before, a Batman that uses tools to get the job done in combat, seamlessly.

8. slumcat

That Hathway scene looks ludicrous. No way her leg moved up that weird angle. And why did that man just stay down, wouldn't he follow her. Or do they mean to imply she KOed him.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  9. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

Yes.

[​IMG]
    Batman could fight like Bruce Lee against Soup. :hehe:

10. slumcat

That heel must have grazed him at best. It wouldn't even KO a teenage girl.

11. DvilDog

DvilDog Well-Known Member

I thought it looked a little early myself. Phantom kick!!

12. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

Who cares? Only obsessive fanboys are playing a scene like that in slow motion or creating a gif for a 2 second moment. All that matters is that it looks good in the film up to speed with the rest of the scene/s.

All action movies have this kind of stuff. :whatever:

13. PacificBoy

PacificBoy Well-Known Member

What should his fighting style be like? Deadly.

Failing that, this:

[​IMG]

14. DvilDog

DvilDog Well-Known Member

Probably why I didn't notice it until I saw that gif

15. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

It looks good in the movie, full speed and with the appropriate sound effect. Aka... The way it's supposed to be watched.

And yes, of course it was her KO'ing him. Did you really not get that? A very common language in movies.

Goodness.

Holy crap, that's the strangest thing.

Exactly.

16. iwontsaveu

iwontsaveu Well-Known Member

this gif is killing me :hehe:

17. D.P.

D.P. Well-Known Member

I'll play along. Bruce is a master of every fighting style on earth. I'd like to see some of the more exotic moves in his skill set like nerve strikes and pressure points.

Hi-res scans below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  18. gohei_

gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

Give him a bracelet full of needles like in Kiss of the Dragon :oldrazz:

19. Batmannerism

Great collection of Bat-fu ! (that's probably what I should have called this thread).

Just as long as he doesn't use the five-point-palm-exploding-heart-technique (or Drunken kung fu, ugh !)

Personally, I agree that Batman would have some skills with pressure points, but in keeping with a more "realistic" (I didn't say real-life, I just said realistic), wouldn't want to see too much of that - but I'm biased about that stuff, because in real life it's damn hard to pull off, and
    about 20% of the population are immune to nerve strikes anyway. I've seen top instructors come across someone like that who won't react
    no matter how much they prod or poke specific spots ( guess some people
    are just wired differently).

However, seeing Bats use painful joint-locks, carotid-artery chokes, and other precision strikes would be good - a more surgical use of pain,
    certainly a bit more finesse than Bale's Batman - who went from being
    pretty skillful in the first film, to a mere slugger in the last film).

That's just my opinion though,
    (that Dim Mak stuff, finger of death......not convinced ).

Anyway, great post, thanks for weighing in !

Peace.

20. D.P.

D.P. Well-Known Member

Thanks, no problem.

I originally posted it because I just thought it was cool, but after reading your comments, I went and research about it and it's pretty interesting. I admittedly don't know much about pressure points but it seems some poeple think it's fake?

This was something I found on Yahoo answers (Not the most reliable source, but eh):

Some pressure point videos I came across:

[YT]f_9Yuv0LSVw[/YT]

[YT]_Qqih5nHz8g[/YT]

[YT]7wbgt7VwN-o[/YT]

So are these real?

Regardless, I think the sense of mystery surrounding it is what makes it awesome. In the comics it's written as a technique only a handful of people in the DC Universe know, due to the fact that it's so dangerous and must be guarded.

It's fun to let your imagination run wild a little bit and wonder if these techniques really do/could exist.

21. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

right. this is what i meant in the wonder woman thread on the dc board about the fan film. slow mo, it looks like ****. and this is a big wb production no less.

22. Scarlettess

Scarlettess and a 1..2..3..4

they look like they're fistbumping each other in the form of a horible high five with a jump.

23. Batmannerism

Just to clarify, you are right, if such a thing exists it's the sort of
    technique Batman would have in his arsenal - I just wouldn't want to see it used, like "dim mak" in some cheesy kung fu flick. But maybe used sparingly it would look cool. So, I'm not criticising your post at all,
    just stating my opinion that I don't want to see too much sillyness creep back into Batman's fighting.

As to the yahoo answers page, there are a lot of other good answers to the
    question about nerve strikes like this......

As for myself, I'm not saying nerve strikes don't exist, and the body certainly has weak points (floating ribs, groin, throat, vagus nerve, eyes, temple the list goes on) I think you'd do much better poking someone in the eye than relying on a precision nerve strike that supposedly will render him unconscious.

The thing about those videos is that in all of them, the student being demonstrated on is completely cooperating. Try doing that to someone who's not cooperating, let alone someone who's jumped you from behind by surprise, or is twice your size and picked up a bar stool, or even someone your own size who is reasonably competent in fisticuffs, determined to beat you up and attacking you full out. You simply don't have time to use precision strikes 99% of the time in real life.
    If any of those instructors can take on a live opponent (who's not a student) and take them out with a nerve strike in real life, then I'll be
    more than prepared to accept the validity of nerve strikes.

The Aikidoka who mentioned Yonkyo, generally that works on me, but for some weird reason nikkyo doesn't work all that well on me. The same goes for nerve strikes, put your finger behind someone's jaw, just below the ear and push up - most people will squeal- I had a student who didn't react at all. I blacked out once by a sharp strike to my vagus nerve (although I was throwing a punch on a command, so the guy who struck me, knew what was coming -just like the students in the videos).

As far as critiques of the UFC, in a sense MMA fighters do target the body's weak points (with carotid chokes, and joint locks), but if precision nerve strikes were so effective, don't you think someone would be using them ?
    The truth is that while a nerve-striker would be trying to set up "spleen-point-8" or some other fancy technique, they'd be getting knocked on their ass by a left hook, hobbled by a Thai kick to the thigh (no pun intended) or slammed to the ground with a double leg take-down.

While nerve strikes are fun idea, in real life simplicity is beauty.
    Hell, forget the UFC, even in a street fight where things are going crazy
    one of the best techniques is a head-butt. How many Krav maga practicioners rely on nerve strikes as part of their primary arsenal ?

Again, I'm not saying nerve strikes ain't possible, but you'd need to be
    Batman to pull them off -which is fortunate that Batman only tries them in comic books and movies. Wait, Batman doesn't really exist ? Kidding !

Anyway, your post was cool, and Batman could definitely use joint-locks, chokes and maybe even a strike to a major nerve (eg the vagus nerve) or even a "karate chop" to the carotid artery, which actually does work (if you can land it). I could even go for a nerve strike, provided that Batman attacked someone from behind, or by surprise, or it was just one on one, with a far less competent opponent - but otherwise let's keep it real...well as real as Batman gets anyway.

Cheers.

24. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

Like this. Minus the sticks, of course.
    [​IMG]

25. markaudette

markaudette Is Not a Unique Snowflake

I would enjoy seeing a scene where Bruce Wayne, in full business suit attire, is witnessed being jumped by a gang of thugs. And he has to get himself out of that jam in the full view of other people without using all the martial arts skills he was taught by the League of Shadows. In other words, watch Bruce disarm the thugs with one arm tied behind his back.