Batman's fighting style

Chris Wallace said:
As For The Second, I Wasn't In Recon, Special Forces Or Even Infantry & We Still Learned Pressure Points. It's A Part Of Military Basic Training. I imagine the special ops guys would know even more.
From what I know, one of the key words in "pressure point" is "Pressure", so tapping someone in a point does nothing. Additionally, while I never said the military does not use pressure points, I seriously doubt, unless you can provide some factual information to the contrary, there is a pressure point that allows a slight push from the index figure to render a person unconscious for several minutes. Pressure points can be used to immobilize a person, allowing you to put him to the ground and restrain him, or forcing him to break his grip, and be useful in many situations.... but a touch-KO? Not buying it.

I Must Admit, I Didn't Expect The Type Of Well Thought-out Responses I've Gotten On This Thread. So Many Bat-fans Are So Protective Of Their Beloved Dark Knight That Anything I Say Is Taken As A Criticism & Then All Hell Breaks Loose.

Qoèlet said:
From what I know, one of the key words in "pressure point" is "Pressure", so tapping someone in a point does nothing. Additionally, while I never said the military does not use pressure points, I seriously doubt, unless you can provide some factual information to the contrary, there is a pressure point that allows a slight push from the index figure to render a person unconscious for several minutes. Pressure points can be used to immobilize a person, allowing you to put him to the ground and restrain him, or forcing him to break his grip, and be useful in many situations.... but a touch-KO? Not buying it.

Well, who says he's lightly touching them? For all we know, he may be applying alot of pressure. And there are nerve clusters that, if the right amount of pressure is applied to them, causes someone to be paralyzed or to pass out.

well considering batman's a smart individual that deals with ancient techniques of most martial arts, i wouldn't be surprised if he used misdirection and hynotic guestures to aid in his combat.

there is a british magician named derren brown that can knock someone over just by blowing at them just by telling them he would.

now judging on batmans presence being fairly hypnotic and that you're taken back by his presence, if he hit you and you thought you were going down, if he used this hypnotic suggestions, no matter how lightly he touched you, you bet your ass you'd go down.

Hypnosis doesn't work like that. You can't just look at someone and they're hypnotised. First off, hypnosis requires you to talk to the other person for a lengthy amount of time. There's no such thing as "hypnotic gestures." Batman's the quiet type, and in a fight, no one's going to sit down to have a chat. Second, hypnosis doesn't work on someone who isn't willing to be hypnotised. That's just how the brain works. Hypnosis cannot be used in combat practically.

The Question said:
there is no such thing as "hypnotic gestures." .
Dude, there quite clearly is, derren brown has been doing his thing on tv for years, there quite clearly is.

feel free not to believe me for there is no way i can convince you on this medium.

No, there isn't. Body language is a factor, but hypnosis comes in large part through talking. A hypnotist has to play the right mental cues, make the subject feel comfortable, that sort of stuff. Either way, hypnosis cannot be used in hand to hand combat. Doesn't work.

Odin's Lapdog said:
Dude, there quite clearly is, derren brown has been doing his thing on tv for years, there quite clearly is.

feel free not to believe me for there is no way i can convince you on this medium.

Television and live combat are two different things entirely.

The Question said:
No, there isn't. Body language is a factor, but hypnosis comes in large part through talking. A hypnotist has to play the right mental cues, make the subject feel comfortable, that sort of stuff. Either way, hypnosis cannot be used in hand to hand combat. Doesn't work.
I personally feel that when really old martial artists are practicing some of their techniques that they don't often pass down and demonstrate great feats of strength and control, a form of control is gained over over their openent.

I've seen a martial artist attempt to try and strike a kung fu ancient master and he physically couldn't do it, the presence of the master (who couldn't use vocal cues since they didn't speak the same language), sent a message through some means to his brain to stop him going through with it (described as the sensation you get when someone is trying to force your hand onto something hot and you are struggling back against it). IN the end he actually had to back well away from the master.

it was described as some sort of chi manipulation but i feel it comes down to intimidation and possible non-vocal suggestions that trigger some hypnotic state. It may not be a deep trance, it may not be for long, but it's for long enough to get what needs to be done finished and sorted.

again, i'm not expecting this to be in the inventory of all martial artists out there but honestly, if someone has practically studied them all to the nth degree, the art of misdirection and intimidation through suggestion of a hypnotic state would definitely be something they would pick up.

i mean to a very very small extent, if i told you something was going to hurt, you'd probably feel more pain occuring than if i didn't say anything at all, the anticipation of new pain can magnify the actual sensation.

now magnify that ten times by being caught by a well feared vigilante where his legends are well known, the vocal cues don't even need to be that direct cause you've heard all the rumours about him and you're also in shock, one blow and you'd be down like a light.

I'd just like to say the original point isn't mine, i'm just formulating a rational example based on what i've seen to see how i feel it could be perceivable in a real life situation if these characters existed.

That's not hypnosis. Not in the slightest. That's just being very intimidating. Some people aren't going to feel very confident fighting a master because, well, he's a master.

it wasn't just intimidation. It was his special technique....

he was physically unable to approach this guy, not just physically unwilling

Then maybe he's got some freaky mind powers. You can't use hypnosis in hand to hand combat. Hypnosis just does not work that way.

You'd Be Surprised How Narrow The Gap Is Between Unwilling & Unable; It's Like "Spider-Man 2". When His Mind Din't Want To Do Something His Body Lost The Ability.

Batman is consider probably the best martial artist alive. You don't believe me go to www.dccomics.com then go to secret files and then click on batman, is in a pdf.format so you'll need adobe acrobat reader. Now someone in here said it takes a lifetime to master 127 styles of the martial arts, I'm going to have to disagree with that person. You can become a master as little as 25years for all martial arts if all you do is of course you only breathe and live in training the arts i'm talking about you wake up at sunrise you train for 14hours a day 24/7. I've been training traditional shao-lin kung-fu for about 7years now and i'm only 19years old i train 3times a week but i'm the equivilant of a 1st kyo black belt in shotokan karate. and as for shotokan karate it will take the average person to reach 1st kyo black belt like about 10to 12years of training. What i'm trying to say is it all depends on you on how good you are and how much you want it. I'm sure if any of you guys see your loved ones drowning or about to get hurt you would try to do something about a.s.a.p. right? Anyways, special forces trains in CQC which is "close quarter combat" which it involves pressure points attacks, joints manupilation,counters,parrying,low kicks for sweeping,disarms,grappling,and submissions. Special forces are trained to kill not to fight in terms of unarmed combat. Batman has mastered this style but he barely uses it this is why he has mastered leapord blow which is the equivilant of the shao-lin death touch. One touch and your dead, Batman is like the comic book version of bruce lee the world's greatest fighter the only difference is that batman is smarter and more tactical than bruce lee and yes i know what your thinking and i acknowledge that batman is fictional and bruce lee is real then again i was just comparing fiction with non-fiction which is virtualy impossible to do.

But Batman's Also The Most Non-conventional Martial Artist. The Only Time He Employs Anything Remotely Resembling A Traditional Martial Arts Stance Or Technique Is When He's Up Against Someone W/real Training.

Which is exactly why he learned martial arts; so he would be prepared to fight those who have themselves mastered it. Anyone who knows anything about Batman is that he is prepared to handle virtually any situation.

Having conventional and stylized training doesn't give you any more of an edge over someone who's also had conventional and stylized training. All you need to be a good fighter ids endurance, reflexes, knowing how to take a hit, and knowing how to read people. That can be cultivated from formal training, but it really comes from practical experiance. Most of the best fighters in the world got that way not from sparring or meditating underneath a waterfall for 20 days, but from getting into alot of brawls and learning from them.

Yes, But At The Same Time, You Can't Fight 8 Brainless Thugs Without Some Type Of Skill.

saint sinner x said:
Batman is consider probably the best martial artist alive. You don't believe me go to www.dccomics.com then go to secret files and then click on batman, is in a pdf.format so you'll need adobe acrobat reader. Now someone in here said it takes a lifetime to master 127 styles of the martial arts, I'm going to have to disagree with that person. You can become a master as little as 25years for all martial arts if all you do is of course you only breathe and live in training the arts i'm talking about you wake up at sunrise you train for 14hours a day 24/7. I've been training traditional shao-lin kung-fu for about 7years now and i'm only 19years old i train 3times a week but i'm the equivilant of a 1st kyo black belt in shotokan karate. and as for shotokan karate it will take the average person to reach 1st kyo black belt like about 10to 12years of training. What i'm trying to say is it all depends on you on how good you are and how much you want it. I'm sure if any of you guys see your loved ones drowning or about to get hurt you would try to do something about a.s.a.p. right? Anyways, special forces trains in CQC which is "close quarter combat" which it involves pressure points attacks, joints manupilation,counters,parrying,low kicks for sweeping,disarms,grappling,and submissions. Special forces are trained to kill not to fight in terms of unarmed combat. Batman has mastered this style but he barely uses it this is why he has mastered leapord blow which is the equivilant of the shao-lin death touch. One touch and your dead, Batman is like the comic book version of bruce lee the world's greatest fighter the only difference is that batman is smarter and more tactical than bruce lee and yes i know what your thinking and i acknowledge that batman is fictional and bruce lee is real then again i was just comparing fiction with non-fiction which is virtualy impossible to do.

Okay, here's the deal: It is impossible to master 127 different fighting styles. It's also completely impractical and useless. Military hand to hand combat training would work best for someone like Batman.

Chris Wallace said:
Yes, But At The Same Time, You Can't Fight 8 Brainless Thugs Without Some Type Of Skill.

Skill can be cultivated from experiance and not formal training. Now, of course, knowing some moves beforehand helps you not die, and should be encouraged. All I'm saying is, training in a dojo under some asian guy isn't necesairily going to make you a better fighter than a guy who simply learned several military hand to hand combat techniques and then just got alot of experiance from fighting alot. In fact, you'd probably be a worse fighter if you went the former rout. Formalized martial arts, as we have them today, aren't good for street fights. They have rules. regulations. They're like a port. Not actual combat.

For A Guy Who Calls Himself The Question, You Sure Have A Lot Of Answers. :)

Oh, I haven't heard that one before. :rolleyes:

And I just happen to read alot. And have common sense. Most martial arts as they are now are a sport, not real combat. All the rules and etiquite holds back a fighter and puts mental handycaps on them. It's great for excercise, but not for actual fighting. Best way to become a good fighter is to learn some good moves, then spar with a friend. And not going easy. Wear pads for the first few times, and go all out. Eventually, wear less and less padding to learn to deal with the pain.

The Question said:
Okay, here's the deal: It is impossible to master 127 different fighting styles. It's also completely impractical and useless. Military hand to hand combat training would work best for someone like Batman.

First of all it's not impossible to master 127fighting styles if you have the drive and if all you do is train,train and train. Impractical and useless? Hell no it's not and deep down you know it's not. Some styles are better than others some have weaknessess that are easy to exploit and some has weaknessess that are hard to exploit. I can see as for you it would be impossible to master it because you probably would take martial arts as a source for getting fit and i highly doubt you are fit. Military hand to hand combat would not work best for batman because if you put someone who is skilled in muy thai agaisnt someone who is skilled in CQC my money is on the muy thai fighter. And batman doesn't kill he only kills when neccesary he's not punisher don't get me wrong their both bad ass but punisher kills for kicks and batman well he doesn't. Batman could easily take down captain america, captain america is only skilled in judo and boxing as for batman he has mastered all 127fighting styles if you can't handle it then deal with it and get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"