Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

Okay, the idea of superheroes trying (really badly!) to adopt foreign accents to hide their identities is making me laugh! :funny: :up:
Reminders me of Spider-man Homecoming elevator scene where he talks in in an exaggerated New York accent

Custom looks A-OK to me. Better then then I assume it would be.

Maybe Kate Kane will speak "Australian" while Batwoman whispers and rasps in "American." :o
It would be funnier if she attempts to do the "Christian Bale Batman voice" when she's Batwoman. Seriously it's most likely that she use a voice changer.

What if Batman were actually a woman? Imagine if Kate Kane puts on a masculine Batman suite with no feminine features and also a voice changer to make her voice sound deeper and like Batman's? Then no-one would ever suspect her identity.

What if Batman were actually a woman? Imagine if Kate Kane puts on a masculine Batman suite with no feminine features and also a voice changer to make her voice sound deeper and like Batman's? Then no-one would ever suspect her identity.
Or...Kate dresses like a dude anywas out of costume becuz...

44840000_344133813021445_1704168346456424448_n.jpg

Great finally seeing her! Cool that it's with Supergirl!

Looking at the pic, I like her costume more from the shiny part upwards and wish that they had gone with the more Batwoman cowl. Also wish the hair was a more natural shade of red, rather than with a tinge of pink..?

It's like the mask you get from the dollar store because you didn't have time to put a costume together in time for Halloween. I have no idea why they went with that design, it's just not good.

I don't know what is worse. That it looks so cheap, or that they just cut off the front of a Batman Halloween mask. As it looks nothing like Batwoman's cowl. It also looks oversized. Even Supergirl is laughing at it.

The more I look at it, the more I'm alright with it. As long as I don't put it side by side with a comic-version.

You are right though, a comic-accurate version would not have been that hard to come up with.

I really don't think enough attention gets paid to Melissa's mad cackle. It's quite a thing.

You are right though, a comic-accurate version would not have been that hard to come up with.
I'm not seeing any cosplay on google images that makes it work. It's a wide v-shaped 'masquerade' mask. Too gaudy to be credible.
Either way, like every other show especially Supergirl, they're flaunting the fact that this character is/will be intended to be derivative of the other guy.
I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they went with the billionaire heiress with a butler, a commish, etc. rather than the tortured war vet. Could also be both.

Well, she is already an heiress...:D And a mix of the two wouldn't be remiss, as at least it would be holding to something comic-like. I really hope they don't play around too much with her history (family or otherwise.)

As to the mask/cowl, the basic look of the comic version I think would be easily transferable to a full cowl.

I'd like to throw my opinion in here: I'm loving what I'm seeing so far from the set, Batwoman looks damn good. My concern will be the actress and the acting she can deliver, until I see the episode that will be my only doubt/concern.

As for Ackles, he was amazing in Under the Red Hood, and my hope is that CW will introduce that character at some point as well and he'll be playing him but who knows. Ackles is too underrated imo, I think it's largely due to the fact he's been with the CW for practically his entire career. The guy can act though.

Overall, I haven't watched any of the CW superhero shows for a few years now. Arrow got too soap opera-y with Felicity...? and Oliver. And then I felt Flash got repetitive and bland as well (after season 2) Do you guys think I should jump in and catch up before this cross-over? Is there a season(s) for both shows I should avoid? What are your thoughts on that?

Overall, I haven't watched any of the CW superhero shows for a few years now. Arrow got too soap opera-y with Felicity...? and Oliver. And then I felt Flash got repetitive and bland as well (after season 2) Do you guys think I should jump in and catch up before this cross-over? Is there a season(s) for both shows I should avoid? What are your thoughts on that?
Honestly? Nah, Flash and Arrow have not improved on the whole since you dropped them, IMO. However, I WOULD recommend checking out the last two crossovers (Invasion! and Crisis on Earth-X) if you intend to check out this one, to feel caught up with the character dynamics in play. These crossovers have pretty much become their own things that don't rely on much continuity with the plots of the mains shows, just character histories. Also possibly check out the 1st two Superman eps of Supergirl (which were the 1st two eps of S2) just so you can get to know him a little, his established relationships with Lois and Kara, etc. as he will obviously be a huge part of this crossover. I think a big part of the fun of THIS crossover will be in turning established relationships on their heads with all these alternate versions of the characters, so for optimal enjoyment, it would probably help to know those established relationships going in.

Last edited:

I would personally recommend checking out Season 5 of Arrow as in my opinion it returned to form during that season and there's hardly any Olicity drama during season 5. But season 6 is a hit and miss for me so I would advise you skip it. Arrow season 7 just started and so far it's been solid. Last two seasons of the Flash has been disappointing so I would say you shouldn't watch it if you felt that the show was becoming repetitive and bland when you last watched it as it hasn't improved that much. I would also recommend that you check out the last two crossovers Invasion! and Crisis on Earth-X. The Invasion crossover was average but it had some great character interactions in it. Crisis on Earth-X is a lot of fun and its very comic-booky.

I would also recommend that you check out the last two crossovers Invasion! and Crisis on Earth-X. The Invasion crossover was average but it had some great character interactions in it. Crisis on Earth-X is a lot of fun and its very comic-booky.
I actually preferred Invasion! to Crisis on Earth-X but I agree they're both a good watch.

Crisis on Earth-X was a huge improvement over Invasion for me. I get that Arrow had a 100th episode to do during Invasion, but that segment was such a detour from the main plot and handled Flash and Supergirl so utterly horribly (not to mention Wild Dog's terrible writing to keep them "occupied"), it just dragged the whole thing down in a big way for me. There was nothing to offer there for non-Arrow fans, which totally defeats the purpose of a crossover, imo. To me, that crossover peaked the with first episode (the Flash one), while Crisis had some high points throughout.

Thanks for the suggestions, based on them I will definitely watch the previous crossovers. Also, I'm intrigued by this CW Superman, so I'll watch the previous episodes he's been in.

Thanks guys! Hoping Batwoman turns out great

Thanks for the suggestions, based on them I will definitely watch the previous crossovers. Also, I'm intrigued by this CW Superman, so I'll watch the previous episodes he's been in.

Thanks guys! Hoping Batwoman turns out great

At the risk of another crossover, 'so say we all!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"