• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a fan of Arnie Hammer as an actor tbh. And lets not get ahead of ourselves casting a new Batman. Chris Brown is still releasing albums, Woody Allen is still making films, and Donald Trump is still president.

Hamm can't do this. I don't know what he is doing to himself but he looked like hell in Baby Driver

Not really a fan of Arnie Hammer as an actor tbh. And lets not get ahead of ourselves casting a new Batman. Chris Brown is still releasing albums, Woody Allen is still making films, and Donald Trump is still president.

But Batman is bigger than any of them :cwink:

How about not having double standard? If she has problems that excuse all her behavior. How about one for Affleck? Unless you believe this women is so much more fragile than a big brooding man.
Wait, was Affleck sexually assaulted?

If there were any evidence that Ben Affleck has been sexually assaulted, then this argument would have merit.

But there isn’t, is there?

When has evidence entered this conversation at all?

When has evidence entered this conversation at all?

You’re essentially putting Rose McGowan and Ben Affleck on the same level.

Rose McGowan alleges that Weinstein raped her. Weinstein has been fired by his company, dozens of other women are now coming forward to claim the same kind of treatment, and it looks like criminal proceedings may be forthcoming.

Now... do you still think Affleck is in the same place as McGowan? Because if you do, you don’t believe she was raped.

I do.

Therefore, you can’t apply the same attitude towards their respective behaviours, or claim ‘double standards’ are at play.

I don't think Hamm is up for the physical requirements that come with playing Batman, though he was my #1 choice way back in 2013. I wish The Goose would be willing to do multiple franchise films.

After all this ****ing PR mess with Affleck, if they recast this version of Bruce Wayne (instead of rebooting the bat-franchise and removing the character from the DCEU), Jon Hamm is still one of their best options.

Also, shame on Affleck for doing what he did.

A little bit :) Hamm looked like he died and then came back to life after week to do the movie

On the Batman front. You would expect them to skew a bit younger no matter what. 30s, maybe early 40s.

You’re essentially putting Rose McGowan and Ben Affleck on the same level.

Rose McGowan alleges that Weinstein raped her. Weinstein has been fired by his company, dozens of other women are now coming forward to claim the same kind of treatment, and it looks like criminal proceedings may be forthcoming.

Now... do you still think Affleck is in the same place as McGowan? Because if you do, you don’t believe she was raped.

I do.

Therefore, you can’t apply the same attitude towards their respective behaviours, or claim ‘double standards’ are at play.

You said what evidence do I have for Ben Affleck case correct? I responded what evidence has been brought forward for any of this dragging his name through the mud. I believe Ms. McGowan in this instance that she was raped but anything else she says is questionable. I don't see why people can't differentiate the two. I can believe her without believing everything she says. It's not a 100% or 0% thing.

They can't really go too much younger. The Batman in these films is supposed to be older.

On the Batman front. You would expect them to skew a bit younger no matter what. 30s, maybe early 40s.

If I remember correctly, Josh Brolin and Jon Hamm were among the frontrunners and they are both older than Affleck. I think this version of Batman is just meant to be an older character, regardless of who's playing him.

Last edited:
If Bem really is going to step down the obvious decision is to promote whoever is cast as Nightwing. Truthfully by the time Batman is released most of the world will probably habe forgotten this. Especially since one accusation is 15 years old.

Last edited:
A little bit :) Hamm looked like he died and then came back to life after week to do the movie

:funny:

Yeah, casting a younger Batman is probably the right decision in terms of franchise longevity.

But ****, DC is in a ****** spot right now. I still vote for recasting Affleck's character, but I honestly think they'll just remove Batman from the DCEU.

As long as no more accusations pile up on him, I do think this will blow over. He was young and stupid, and made a mistake. Groping isn't cool at all, but it could be worse in so many different ways. He apologized for it, which is the best course of action to bury it. And who the hell knows what's going to happen between now and Justice League's release. The next big thing could blow up and draw attention away from Affleck.

What should not happen, is that Justice League shouldn't be judged or avoided because someone in the cast/crew did something stupid and terrible. That isn't fair at all to the hundreds of cast/crew that worked hard on the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"