Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

Having read the script for JL Mortal and knowing what I do about the project I truly believe we missed out there. That film would have blown the doors open on the superhero franchise.
Where did you read that?

I just hate the cast a lot. Especially DJ as Superman because I don't like the guy as a performer very much.

Batman and Superman would have been so young.

It's George Miller though so let's pretend it would have been amazing and we'd all be better off without the Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Aquaman films we have now. Who knows if I would have ever seen Harley Quinn in a movie.

Good riddance, Justice League: Mortal.

Reactions: B
I just hate the cast a lot. Especially DJ as Superman because I don't like the guy as a performer very much.

Batman and Superman would have been so young.

It's George Miller though so let's pretend it would have been amazing and we'd all be better off without the Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Aquaman films we have now. Who knows if I would have ever seen Harley Quinn in a movie.

Good riddance, Justice League: Mortal.

They intentionally cast young cause they wanted these actors to play these roles for years.

I think DJ could have nailed Superman actually. We’ll never know mine.

The DCU would have looked dramatically different sure but it might even be the best timeline.

Well I just read the whole thing and I don't think it would have worked in live action, and Justice League: Doom did a better job with a similar plot. I really hate the whole 'army of robots boss fight' ending too, but at the time it might not have seemed so trite.

I don't want to think about the Mortal timeline at all. Who knows what would have happened between Nolan and WB and those movies I listed wouldn't exist.

No. I prefer the timeline as is in terms of films. I still would rather have BvS and Ben Affleck and Cavill as well as Matt Reeves' The Batman.

Screw Mortal as it would have existed and the horse it road in on hahaha.

People change their minds, but Affleck literally just said this a couple months ago:
I had my fill of that. They said, ‘Would you like to direct and star in a solo Batman movie?’ And I found that, at some point, I had lost my enthusiasm or passion for it. And I thought this should really be made by someone who for whom it’s their wildest dream come true. It was clear to me it was time to move on.

Last edited:
And to be fair he said, “it WAS clear to me it WAS time to move on.” Negotiations could have been ramping up at that point. I’ll crap my pants if it’s true.

He would also drag his fists on the ground like an Ape for Matt Reeves too, right?

I've touched on it multiple times in prior posts but what I've learned throughout the years when following the superhero Hollywood culture and the business of Hollywood, is everything can change in a blink of an eye overnight. Head honchos who have power to either greenlight a project or turn the lights out on a project can strike at any moment they damn well please. The pitch to Ben would have to be a bulletproof one to come back. Judging by his sad comments about the role before, his life may depend on it. Also, as Dany Garcia said: "Timing is everything". Now could be it.

Bro, we lived through ROCK BOTTOM. There's no such thing as disappointment anymore. The entire BvS/JL fiasco numbed me for stuff like this.

But if ALL of this ends up being true or half-true? At&t will forever be legends. If this happens, BRING IT ON!

We'd all honestly love to see it - the return of Batfleck outside of the Snyder Cut- but realistically, chances are slim to none.
He's in a good place now - sober, girlfriend etc..he ain't going back.

People change their minds, but Affleck literally just said this a couple months ago:

True.

Now, do I think its likely that Affleck is coming back to the role ?

No, but the last thing i'm gonna do is make broad, definitive statements that " This can and never will happen!".

This is Hollywood, and this is a business. Things change. Deals are made. People come up with new ideas. What may have seemed impossible a few years prior, may seem more possible today.

At this point, we've seen several things that fanboys and geek pundits thought would never happen such as :

Sony and Marvel making a deal over Spiderman, Disney owning the XMen and F4 rights, Brandon Routh and Henry Cavill both returning to the Superman role, Talk of Maguire and Garfield returning to the Spiderman franchise in some form, Grant Gustin and Ezra Miller sharing a scene as the Tv and Film flash, The JL Snyder cut, A solo Joker film being a huge hit with an Oscar, a Venom film being a hit, etc.

I think as a fan collective , we need to broadened our imaginations a bit when it comes to what is or isn't possible , when it comes to these studios exploiting their IPs.

Again, possible and likely are two different things.

At this point, I think alot of things are possible when it comes to the next steps that WB and AT&T will take with these characters and projects. Whether certain ideas are likely to come to pass remains to be seen.

Some speculation but I don't think to be far from reality :

We know that what peaked Affleck interest and makes him signed on the whole project was Snyder vision for it. So much, that he was ok with the original JL post-credit scene being tied to his Batman film.
But, we also know that early 2017, WB was decided to throw Snyder vision out of the window. I think at this moment, the studio asked Affleck to retool his script, hence the numerous declaration on how unsure he was about it. This is probably where he "lost his enthusiasm, and passion", it just wasn't the same project anymore. Affleck didn't wanted to be a Batman, but this particular Batman.

From there, he wanted out and the timeline matches.
He first dropped the director and writer chair, in February 2017, staying quiet about quitting the role until JL released to prevent bad press. Reeves who had just arrived, also didn't say a word on his contained version for months for the same reasons. Then, the next month, WB brought Whedon who reshoot massive parts of JL but also deleted what was related to Affleck film. There were no reason to do this except if, in fact, this movie was already cancelled

I think if Affleck can forget the mess of his personal life when this project crashed, the possibility to freely working again on this particular take (and money :funny:), on a less "high profile" format than a movie, could bring him back. But it's a really, really big "if"...

Last edited:
i honestly don't think affleck will come back to direct or act as batman again.

maybe he'll produce, write, or give ideas at most. that's about it.

manjello did say the affleck batman script he read was really good though - so maybe they'll borrow ideas off that later on or so.

Maybe they could somehow do it so it’s from Deathstroke perspective and Batman is more of a supporting character or like a non entity. A bit like Lex Luthor Man of Steel where Superman is present but he’s not really a character.

I won’t complain if they end up making this happen. My only hope would be that Affleck recognizes everything that didn’t work with Jared Leto’s Joker and make any changes he feels is necessary.

can’t believe this is even being talked about, but everything is on the table these days.

You know what, i made declarative statements that there was no way Snyder was getting a dime to finish his cut and HBO Max ended up writing a blank check and hes getting to do additional photography. I will never say never again. I think Affleck has every intention to stay away from superhero roles but he’s a human being just like us and if they promise him tons of money and total autonomy on the project, that would be a tough offer to refuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"