Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

Yeah I understand what Snyder was going for, but I definitely think there was a better way to go about it, story wise.
After the storyboards that have made the rounds, any fan that says they could have predicted where this character was going is a damn liar.

Ben got out just in time before ish really hit the fan. If he thought BvS was bad, he would have not been prepared for what was coming his way out of JL2/3. Easily worse than Clooney's reception.

I have lttle doubt in my mind that back when Zack and Chris were initially charting the course for the 5 story arc, Ben was well aware of what it would entail. Zack is pretty collaborative as a director, and Ben had a hand in writing lines in BvS as well. But after the BvS backlash, they had to "accelerate the hope" as they stated.

what hostility u talkin about, i didnt insult him one bit, weird take as always.,but not surprised.
Hostility isn't just flinging insults. It's an aggressive and disrespectful tone. Which both this post AND the post I addressed had. Adjust your tone to be more civil and respectful of other posters or be gone.

You type all of that out as if it’s a joke, but you’re describing Batman. He could have done the job without killing them. Fans have talked about ways around that batwing scene for years. He must be a thinker? Was that supposed to be edgy lol. Batman literally helps send criminals to Arkham so they can get treated. Bruce Wayne values human life. I didn’t say I didn’t like this Batfleck take or that he should not kill. It’s Snyder’s vision, it’s fine. But it’s not my Batman. Is that OK with you? Do I have to ask you permission? Or is that too “cringe”?
parademons are not criminals ,they are aliens who threat the safety off the whole world by killing thousands of innocent people, i see a huge difference there.with basic criminals..batman not killing his usuals ennemies like riddler-penguin-two face is understandable...we talkin about a way bigger threat.
how can u deal with them without killing them ? im curious

parademons are not criminals ,they are aliens who threat the safety off the whole world by killing thousands of innocent people, i see a huge difference there.with basic criminals..batman not killing his usuals ennemies like riddler-penguin-two face is understandable...we talkin about a way bigger threat.
how can u deal with them without killing them ? im curious
I wasn’t talking about parademons. I was responding to your comment
who did it kill anyway ? the people who were blasting bullets at him ,when he was about to reach the warehouse to save Martha ?
the chase sequence ? with a man about to launch a bazooka at Him ?
is that what people are complaining about ?

people really be actin like he's on "Punisher Mode" out
you were speaking about men who are criminals trying to kill Batman. This happens all the time to Batman in the comics and he takes care of them without firing bullets at them. Like I said, it’s fine, but I’m not gonna pretend like Batfleck had no other choice when reaching the warehouse. He could have dropped them with rubber bullets or found a way into that warehouse on the other side of the building. Zack just wanted an action sequence with gunfire it seems.

I think it's meant to show that after Robin's death Batman stopped caring about the lives of criminals, and if put in that position he would kill them. It's just that the only mention of his disregard for life is from Alfred, so maybe it would've made more sense if Batman had acknowledged it.

Ben would have been fine with all of this crap. BvS and this JL series were movies built AROUND him. If anything, Cavill would have had a right to be angry about this movie. It makes Superman come off like a distant, aloof tool (something Snyder already accomplished in BvS and he doubled down on here). The part at the end about Superman leading the whole world against Darkseid is kinda cool but that’s after 2-3 hours of Superman either moping or slaughtering people. No, thanks.

Can’t be bothered to go through pages of arguments but has anyone posted about the Hollywood Reporter Actors roundtable? Ben is there and man he looks very thin. Really hope he’s thin because he’s eating healthy and not something else.

I think it's meant to show that after Robin's death Batman stopped caring about the lives of criminals, and if put in that position he would kill them. It's just that the only mention of his disregard for life is from Alfred, so maybe it would've made more sense if Batman had acknowledged it.

Considering the lethal looking weapon Robin's display is holding, I'm not sure if he and Batman ever cared about the lives of criminals.

Ev01cxGXIAE5B4B
EvzEqi3WgAEWKfq

by Patokali

Last edited:
The better cowl on the left. What drives me crazy with these new posters is that for some reason they don’t care that the skin around his eyes is missing the black paint.

The better cowl on the left. What drives me crazy with these new posters is that for some reason they don’t care that the skin around his eyes is missing the black paint.

I could be wrong but I think that’s just light reflecting. But still the left is better. Doesn’t have the weird wrinkles in the neck.

Last edited:
tenor (2).gif
Let's see what Affleck does this time around as The Bat, the studio version of Justice League wasn't that great with Bruce Wayne/Batman. Hopefully The Synder Cut will restore the badassary Bat from Dawn of Justice.

I enjoyed Ben's performance in BvS but this just didn't work for me, it just felt like the character was lacking something. I came out of BvS disappointed with the film but wanting more of this Batman, I finished the Snyder cut happy with the film but not particularly bothered if I never see Ben in the suit again.

after watching the snyder cut, i gladly put him above any other interactions of this character........he's just extraordinary in that role, its insane.
I still find him a bit boring. It’s perfect for Snyder & a Justice League but his public persona isn’t charismatic enough for me and his private Bruce isn’t as interesting/tortured/warm as I usually want my Brucey to be. But from what I’ve seen of the Snyder Cut, he’s solid for that version.

I enjoyed Ben's performance in BvS but this just didn't work for me, it just felt like the character was lacking something. I came out of BvS disappointed with the film but wanting more of this Batman, I finished the Snyder cut happy with the film but not particularly bothered if I never see Ben in the suit again.
I kinda agree. Watched bvs last night and I ADORE that movie mostly because batman is the movie and it is awesome. This movie was more WW being cool and flash/cyborg good stuff. Batman was just okay in my eyes.

I actually think batman, superman, and aquaman were the weak links of the league. Shocking because batman and superman were incredible in mos and bvs for me

I would have happily watched 4 hours of WW, Flash and Cyborg to be honest. Obviously no one will ever let you make a JL film without 2 of the trinity but Snyder put a bad place of a case forward.

Yeah, he didn't exactly not mail it in anymore than he did for Whedon in this. Certainly more reserved here. That fits the tone of this film fairly well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"