• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Ben Affleck Offered to Direct Justice League

A little off-topic hear,

But if Ben Affleck rejects the offer, who do you guys think should direct the Justice League film?

it's WB i think the top chocies will be David Yates ,Guillermo Del Toro or Peter Jackson WB likes to keep it in House

David Yates seems most likely from that list...

I'm not really sure at this point. I want to see how MOS turns out before I start thinking about a director for a possible JL movie.

It's because of 'The Incredibles', right?

Last edited:
Iron Giant, The Incredibles and Ghost Protocol. He has a good track record, but he's certainly not THE best.

And The Iron Giant, and Ratatouille, and Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol.

He's one of the best. I'd personally let Snyder have a go, with someone else penning the script.

I'm in the "too soon to say" camp, and not just because I don't want to say, because I think a Justice League movie is a bad idea right now.

he'd be their whedon a solid director with big comic book sensibilities

What's so great about Brad Bird?
Homer and Libido answered it:

And The Iron Giant, and Ratatouille, and Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol.
Iron Giant, The Incredibles and Ghost Protocol. He has a good track record, but he's certainly not THE best.

He's one of the best. I'd personally let Snyder have a go, with someone else penning the script.

I could see that happening if MoS is a hit, which I can also see happening. I need to see how he handles it before jumping on that train, though.

I used to want Brad Bird to do a Flash movie. It'd still be cool, but I guess I just say "used to" because this was years before he got Ghost Protocol, but years after he showed some action chops - specifically with super-speed scenes - in The Incredibles. It's cool to see so many other people suggesting him for action properties like this now.

Last edited:
I wouldnt give it to Snyder. Dont think he would want it anyhow.

A little off-topic hear,

But if Ben Affleck rejects the offer, who do you guys think should direct the Justice League film?

David Yates and Brad Bird are the most uttered names in here but allow me to go in a different direction and mention the Mexican and Korean filmmakers in Guillermo Del Toro, Alfonso Cuaron, Park Chan-Wook and Kim Ji-Woon.

David Yates and Brad Bird are the most uttered names in here but allow me to go in a different direction and mention the Mexican and Korean filmmakers in Guillermo Del Toro, Alfonso Cuaron, Park Chan-Wook and Kim Ji-Woon.

Those last two in particular are fascinating to consider. Although I'm more intrigued by the idea of a Park Chan-wook Batman movie now. But I digress.

Last edited:

I used to want Brad Bird to do a Flash movie. It'd still be cool, but I guess I just say "used to" because this was years before he got Ghost Protocol, but years after he showed some action chops - specifically with super-speed scenes - in The Incredibles. It's cool to see so many other people suggesting him for action properties like this now.

I agree. I brought up the Incredibles scene with Dash a while back when I was talking about a Flash movie. Bird really seems like he'd handle the Flash well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"