Best and Worst of Marvel 2007

Yeah, Fraction keeps knocking that book out of the park with each new issue.

I can't decide if I want Kitson to continue doing all of the pencil, or just the layouts with Evans finishing them.

I'd go with the latter. Kitson's a great storyteller, but his finished art can be a bit drab and his people look identical. Evans does a good job of spicing the finished art up pretty well.

I love both pretty equally, to be honest. If Kitson was the regular penciler and Even filled in every now and then, I'd be happy.

Either way, I'm glad to see they've adopted the multiple artist idea. It should be made standard in some form or another, given how long most artists take these days.

Agreed. Everyone should take note of IIF's creative team and editorial staff.

Yes, that too. Guice needs to be penciling half that book, though. His talents are being wasted just inking over Epting's pencils.

True, but I don't mind it too much. Perkins and Epting work so amazingly well together that I wouldn't really want anyone else penciling. Guice is great, but his style wouldn't be as cohesive as those two together.

Really, he should probably be penciling something else alongside another artist in a similar fashion to Perkins/Epting.

True, but I don't mind it too much. Perkins and Epting work so amazingly well together that I wouldn't really want anyone else penciling. Guice is great, but his style wouldn't be as cohesive as those two together.

Really, he should probably be penciling something else alongside another artist in a similar fashion to Perkins/Epting.

I agree that no one will be able to beat out Perkins as the person best suited to be working on the book alongside Epting, but Guice is a better artist, in my opinion. It might not mesh as well as Perkins' work did, but I think they could pull it off.

Like I said in my list, I think Perkins and Epting complement each other to a degree few art teams have managed. It's a cliché, but I would definitely say they have a really incredible sort of synergy going on. It's given Brubaker's stories a really cohesive, detailed, and living world to exist in. I wouldn't want to see that messed with. There are plenty of other great titles that could use Guice. I'd kill to see his take on Wolverine, for example.

I agree. I got the Omnibus for Christmas, and every page is a masterpiece.

Yeah, I'm in the process of rereading the Cap issues in the Omnibus around my other trades. Beautiful stuff. I only wish Marvel made Absolute editions.

They're huge. My friend has the Absolute Sandman vol. 1 and it weighs like 8 lbs. An 8-lb. slice of Heaven. I shudder to think how awesome it'll be when they get to the portions of the Vertigo Sandman series by Vess and Zulli.

The art wasn't meant to be reproduced at that size, though.

It's drawn on 17" x 11" bristol boards, and Zulli and Vess have pretty detailed, elegant art styles. Alex Ross' art looks really great at that size in the Absolute Kingdom Come, too. Granted, Sam Kieth's art for volume 1 isn't that great at that size, but it's still cool just to have such a huge edition.

Ugh...those ****ty armor costumes at a larger size would kill me.

Hey, Alan Scott's armor looks awesome. The rest, whatever. Alan Scott looks badass. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"